Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Externalities and the NGX

n118nw, take a closer look at the nose of Ryanair 737-800's, no eyebrow windows but they defo have the vortex generators on the nose, they reduce the windflow noise by a few Db on the flightdeckRichard
2. Complete rubbish, I know this because I am an SFO with several thousand hours flying the real B738, our 737's do not have eyebrow windows and have the vortex generators on the nose, I see them on a daily basis.
He said that 737s with eyebrows don't have vortex generators smile.gif

Sorry typo! What I meant was that our aircraft DO NOT have eyebrow windows and we have the vortex generators:-)All the best,James
Okay, thank You wink.gif

Very nice Robert and Ryan. Just got in from shoveling off the roof of my T hanger. Got more snow at KBDR than we can handle with more forecast. More to the point I like others wanna say thank you for the shots as we await the release. Currently enjoying PNW and gotta say that Orbx is fun to fly over,on and in between. Almost got the JS-41 mastered. You folks make virtual flying more fun than the real thing.777 is the next project? Pat Snyder

Sorry typo! What I meant was that our aircraft DO NOT have eyebrow windows and we have the vortex generators:-)James
Which is exactly the same as you said before but, again, n118nw said 737s with eyebrow windows do not have vortex generators.Iain Smith

I never did notice any of our NGs that had both the eybrow and the vortex generators, the generators only started showing up on eyebrow deleted deliveries from Boeing, as well as retrofitted birds with out the brows. Perhaps this is a airline specific thing but, I'll enjoy the reduction in wind noise regardless, thanks PMDG :(

YES! FINALLY FOUND A WAY TO ALLEVIATE SOME OF THE ANXIOUS WAIT FOR THE PMDG 737 NGX!Share it with the wait for PFPX! http://www.pfpx.com/ :( Seriously though.... its looking good! Anyone else watching out for this?

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

YES! FINALLY FOUND A WAY TO ALLEVIATE SOME OF THE ANXIOUS WAIT FOR THE PMDG 737 NGX!Share it with the wait for PFPX! http://www.pfpx.com/ :( Seriously though.... its looking good! Anyone else watching out for this?
Yes, I am. In part because I am a serious airline simmer and part because I have a couple friends who are on the beta team for it (they are dispatchers for major airlines here in the US) and I know with them on the project it's going to be the best out there!Tim

Yes, I am. In part because I am a serious airline simmer and part because I have a couple friends who are on the beta team for it (they are dispatchers for major airlines here in the US) and I know with them on the project it's going to be the best out there!Tim
Excellent! It really is sounding like it will be the most realistic and complete package out there. Finally I will be able to put FSBuild to rest, and have a combined package for all. Its a pain using FSBuild and TOPCAT seperately at present!

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

It indeed looks insanely good. And a true W7 app as well, with all the ribbons and stuff. Looks promising to say the least.sig.gif

Seems like my earlier post about small 8'' (circa) TFT screens were lost in the plethora of posts in this thread. Anyone know how big (height, width) a real 737NG glass PFD is?

OMG these pics are jawdropping <-- Ok i'm some pages late ^.^First I'd like to comment on what kind of sensation these pics give me: Imagine you're going to choose a bank to guard your money, and one of these banks start to show youwhere your money will be, the 30 highly-trained "moneyguards" that will be around your lock 24-7, the hungry rotwaillers waiting for some fresh meat at the door, the machineguns activated by some uncommon ocasion, the hidden bazooka behind that door... (Enough, I think I made it clear hehe) and when you are almost signing the contract to setup everything the manager says that he forgot to mention you'll have a full-time bodyguard and then introduces you to some Scarlett Johanson look a like, who smiles to you andlick her lips sexily Drooling.gif Sorry about that hehe, but the point I'm trying to get is the sensation of putting my money in the rightest place ever!! And more and more it makes me bemore sure of it!!!Ok, complements said, I'd like to ask Ryan or Robert about some effects not related with the plane itself. What causes me to do it is because of the affirmation that you guys gaveabout the limit of effects been reached. So will be included things like vortex on the wingtips or the vortex(or void I dunno) above the wings, the water spray of the turbines when rainningeven with the reverses, the waterdrops on the shield and the engines/APU heat effect...Pardon me if it was already asked and aswered, but I'm following the delevopment since the start and I really forgot a lot what was already said hehe!!!Best wishes,Bruno.

Minor update to where the Boeing aircraft are tested.The prototype certification testing of all aircraft is done at KBFI. That is where the flight test center is located. While in actual test the prototypes are flown to different locations for various types of testing. IE. cold weather, hot weather, max load takeoffs etc. In addition all of the 737's are delivered out of KBFI and the rest of the planes are delivered out of KPAE. All planes have acceptance testing done out of where they are delivered from.At present the 787 and 747-8 are in certification test at KBFI. Also a production 737 first flight ends up at KBFI.None of this is really important but just thought you might like to know as there are several misconceptions floating around.Tom HibbenPS: I was located at KBFI in flight test for many years.

everyone is so impatient for the release of this bird, yet there are lots of people pointing out all the "flaws" on the airplane (notice the quotations over flaws). Do you people stare at these pics for hours on end just trying to find something wrong with them? How many times do the guys from PMDG need to tell you that they are using blueprints directly from BOEING or show you pictures of them taking pictures of the real aircraft. I doubt the blueprints or their own pictures are wrong and all the people on here that look at airliner pictures on the net are right. I'm not an expert myself but I do work at CYEG and I see 13 of westjet's NG's, 1 continental, 1 or 2 sunwing and Canadian North's brand new NG sitting on the ramp every night. I help out the mechanic for sunwing once in a while changing wheels when its -40C (like tonight) and from the pics Ive seen on this thread PMDG knows what they are doing far better than me or you. Pretty sure if you look back about 20 pages or so Tabs asked people to stop nit-picking every single little detail on the pics.I think the aircraft looks awsome in my opinion, again not an expert, just a happy customer that is greatfull there are devs out there that will actually take the time to put together this piece of art with so much attention to detail for all of us armchair pilots to enjoy. Keep up the great work PMDG.Corey Prefontaine

Share it with the wait for PFPX! http://www.pfpx.com/Seriously though.... its looking good! Anyone else watching out for this?
Ive been hearing about this but never looked at it till now. It really does look exciting. I have to admit I'm gonna miss FSBuild (if this works just as well). The fuel planning for FSB was the most accurate i have ever seen so far. That's the one thing that will sell me now that's FSB has Navigraph support.

Captains,I'm sorry to say that I just deleted about 2 dozen posts in this thread because the poster did not sign with their full name. Full name means first and last name. First name only is not a full name. Last initial is not a full name. Signing every post with your full name is a requirement in the PMDG forum, and we thank you for your continued effort in adhering to this rule. Thank you.And just so you don't think I'm being too hard on you all, here's a gratuitous shot the PMDG 737NGX getting ready for pushback from PMDG's newly commandeered spaces at Orbx's Melbourne International YMML.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg