Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

RXP 430/530 Model for VC

Im right now looking at getting the 530. I cannot afford both the 430 & 530 as that is $100 all up, but im looking at the 530 right now! :(
I do not think you will regret the purchase.. it is a real step up from the nativeFSX gauges. :(

Bert

While I understand the value of the RXP gauges and the desire of some simmers to have them in every aircraft, I would oppose the idea of having Carenado include licensed versions in their aircraft. Frankly I am a non-pilot and I use FSX for entertainment. I am content with the default gauges in most cases. I do not want to spend more money to cover the RXP licensing fee and have an aircraft that is for me, needlessly complicated.I think the solution that Carenado have provided with a no-knobs option in the VC should be enough for RXP users. You have the option to install your gauges and I have the option to not do so.

Tom Constantine

The Old Hangar

http://mainescenery.proboards.com

While I understand the value of the RXP gauges and the desire of some simmers to have them in every aircraft, I would oppose the idea of having Carenado include licensed versions in their aircraft. Frankly I am a non-pilot and I use FSX for entertainment. I am content with the default gauges in most cases. I do not want to spend more money to cover the RXP licensing fee and have an aircraft that is for me, needlessly complicated.I think the solution that Carenado have provided with a no-knobs option in the VC should be enough for RXP users. You have the option to install your gauges and I have the option to not do so.
I think you may be misunderstanding the request that is being voiced here - it is not to bundle the RXP unitswith the airplane, but to offer a 3d modeled panel option that will work with the RXP units, like RealAir has done.So, no you would not have to pay for RXP units - they are purchased separately, directly from Reality-XP.

Bert

I do not want to spend more money to cover the RXP licensing fee and have an aircraft that is for me, needlessly complicated.
I have difficulties to understand how can a small optional VC variation, will change the price...

I think you may be misunderstanding the request that is being voiced here - it is not to bundle the RXP unitswith the airplane, but to offer a 3d modeled panel option that will work with the RXP units, like RealAir has done.So, no you would not have to pay for RXP units - they are purchased separately, directly from Reality-XP.
I did misunderstand then. I read it as a request to include licensed RXP gauges like Dreamfleet did with some of their aircraft. If that is not the case, I have no problem :) Onward into the fog.

Tom Constantine

The Old Hangar

http://mainescenery.proboards.com

How man people would like Carenado to start to include a VC Model of the Reality XP 430/530? I've you've ever flown the RealAri Duke you'll know what I am talking about. Think of it like this, all they have to do is spend a little bit more time developing it for ONE airplane and they use it for EVERY airplane they make from now on! So many people retrofit the Carenado planes with the RXP stuff but it usually doesn't look as good because you loose the 3D knobs.If you don't own any RXP stuff I suggest you go check it out! It is by far one of the most ADVANCED utilies out there for FSX. It's literally a PERFECT bug free GPS that is capable of RNAV LPV and WAAS Approaches, and I've learned how to update the RXP databases ti fly with current nav data! Anyways if you think this is a sweet idea then +1 for me, hopefully Carenado is paying attention to what it's customers want to se and I highly doubt anyone would not want to see this in the next plane, espoecially as Carenado is getting into Turbo-Props, which now a days are literally ALL outfitted with some sorta of Approach capable GNSS.Thanks
I've been suggesting this for years now, let's hope they do...David Di Domizio

I am not after an included version tied to the plane like Dreamfleet did with a couple of their releases for FS9. Just simply a 3D mask in place with a switchover like RealAir coded for the Duke, with the possibility of adding the 430 and/or 530 for those who have one, the other, or both...I love the increased functionality of the RXP devices and this has drastically reduced the number of aircraft in my virtual hangar to the Duke (and its turbine sister), the Lotussim L39. Before I use the default GNS500, I decided against reinstalling the Carenados I have with the default. The 2D version of the GNSs in the 3D looks out of place...Andrew

Ron, after criticizing the whole RXP stuff mainly because of that expensive navdata update (which is needed unless you don't want to go on 2007 data) I finally bought the units.I'm amazed to say the least. That navdata thing still is a major downside for me (seems like I will go for some more money then), but the units itself and their operation and detail is just great.Seems like I've missed something in the sim when going on the small GA planes. Nice training opportunity there if you want to use the real devices in the foreseeable future.So now I fully understand your wish for some more 3D panels. The flat style just doesn't fit and distracts more or less in the nice VCs which nowadays come more often, especially from Carenado.So, after being in doubt, +2. Big%20Grin.gif

Ron, after criticizing the whole RXP stuff mainly because of that expensive navdata update (which is needed unless you don't want to go on 2007 data) I finally bought the units.I'm amazed to say the least. That navdata thing still is a major downside for me (seems like I will go for some more money then), but the units itself and their operation and detail is just great.Seems like I've missed something in the sim when going on the small GA planes. Nice training opportunity there if you want to use the real devices in the foreseeable future.So now I fully understand your wish for some more 3D panels. The flat style just doesn't fit and distracts more or less in the nice VCs which nowadays come more often, especially from Carenado.So, after being in doubt, +2. Big%20Grin.gif
Check their support forum. There is a free (and legal) 2009 update available.

Bert

Thanks, Bert, found it. So at least the end of 2009 does come free there which brightens up the picture and could well fulfill all my GA approach needs. Thanks.

Am I correct when I assume that the only current problem with the RXP VC integration are these knobs, showing some offset?vcoffsetknobs.jpgSo you have some 2 and a half knobs to turn, but this doesn't affect operation of course, just optics. Happens night and day since the lightmap isn't fully following the RXP lines too.What could be a solution there?In my eyes, there's no special panel setup needed, just the default used Garmin 430 has to be resized in the 3D model to match the more accurate RXP layout. By this, the RXP gauge would fit into the 3D model of the plane and one just had to exchange the gauge entries, which takes under a minute.So the work involved in Ron's wish isn't too big, the gauge itself can still use its code, the future 3D model on upcoming planes would just have to be altered by a few millimetres. From the dev's side, no major rework, if I'm correct though.Here's a small comparison of the units to show what we are speaking about.comparisonn.jpgOnce again, if the layout would fit 1:1, nobody would run into problems when using the RXP units. Please feel free to correct me if I'm mixing up things.

What could be a solution there?In my eyes, there's no special panel setup needed, just the default used Garmin 430 has to be resized in the 3D model to match the more accurate RXP layout. By this, the RXP gauge would fit into the 3D model of the plane and one just had to exchange the gauge entries, which takes under a minute.So the work involved in Ron's wish isn't too big, the gauge itself can still use its code, the future 3D model on upcoming planes would just have to be altered by a few millimetres. From the dev's side, no major rework, if I'm correct though.
It depends on how nice you want to make it. RealAir, who in my books are the "gold standard", have provided 3d knobs for every little knob on the unit, making for a very nice finished product.A blend of the 2d gauges and a few 3d knobs that stick through it, can look OK, I guess, but Carenado would have to adjust the size and spacing of their gauge in the 3d model, as you suggest.I personally hope that Carenado does just that, but so far, they have not made any comments - let alone commitments, and the user community is not able to edit the 3d models.. only the authors can.What you can do, in the interim, is adjust the size of the RXP unit in the panel, so the knobs line up better. Start by making the 430 less wide so the right knob lines up. Your picture shows the 430 sticking out too far to the right anyway (look at the right edge of the gauge).And.. while you are at it, make it less tall so the knobs look round, not oval.. you'll be surprised at how much better you can make it look..

Bert

You are right, Bert. I just altered the gauge name in the VC, the sizing therefore is the same and, as the unit itself is different, those discrepancies appear. The C310 (ok, isn't a Carenado, I know) did fit fine by just exchanging the gauge names.Now, If I resize the RXP it might align better but wouldn't I get black spacings to show then? I'm doing all this stuff on a text basis, so no panel program of any kind so far. Any recommendations for some freeware tool maybe?If that spacing appears, the nicer 3D optics would be a tradeoff in my eyes, sadly not a final solution.

I just use Notepad and a critical eye (and a lot of patience) :( Ultimately, it is all a tradeoff..If you need to cover a larger area, use the rxpgns!Plate gauge as a filler.Here an example from the Baron

Bert

Thanks again.I'm just going through all my "maybe RXP" planes now, so I can gain some experience and later some nice gauges there. The RXP tools are neat and powerful, but inside those large amounts of options, one could easily be missed. For now, those lightmaps mentioned are the biggest problem when integrating.Strange thing happened at the C208 for example. I was trying to replace the weather radar with the 530, so I would have 430 + 530. Did not work, because the replaced WR gauge took away the textures from the whole panel, so it was transparent.I've just touched the gauge though, no texture work done. Seems like there are some dependencies which I have to understand first. :blush:Now I'm using the 430 alone in the VC and when I click the popup, I have 2x 430 there, just in case.Nice tip with that plate gauge. Useful feature. Although I've read the manuals, I didn't know about it so far. Thanks.For now, I would fit an RXP unit in every panel hole I can find though. Big%20Grin.gifHave to play fair with Carenado by the way. When unticking the 3D knobs option in e. g. the C208, the RXP fits nicely into the panel and nothing distracts the view. Flat of course and all other gauges lose their (3D) knobs too, but at least some option to consider for some guys. I also like the clickspots on the HSI better when flying like this, while the optical loss is manageable.A tradeoff, like you've mentioned too.I've tried your tip with the altered width of the RXP unit on the Bonanza and the result (with 3D knobs) is amazingly good for that kind of rough editing. 20 pixels smaller and the thing actually fits. But I running into trouble catching the inner ring of the RXP in the VC then.What? I've hijacked the thread? No! I'm a living example of a guy turning into a RXP fan and I hope Ron is ok with this.Support his wish and vote for Carenado to offer some small 3D rework for the RXP people around.