Sign in to follow this  
simba_nl

Level-D such a shame

Have Level-D for FSX since 2007 but started recently flying with it since my new SB system build can handle it and switched to 100% FSXAfter happy years Level-D 767 VA flying in FS9 I encounterd serious problems with the FSX version.Looking in the Level-D forums for solutions gives me another look and feel about the Level-D support and the fact that Level-D was a king in the old FS9 days but since FSX becomes the joker.I have a problem with bounching 767 after filling the FMC and specially the Cost Index. This one is starting the bounch and even while flying the plane goes nuts.Also the SID/STARS went away or only half so using VNAV is also impossible...I saw a very longggggg topic about it started in 2007 and in summer 2009 the moderator answer was, The team is very busy now with the 757 but after that there will be a fix, Case Closed and topic closed.What the heck, It is now 2 years later and there is no progression for solving that annoying bug????? and we have to wait until the 757 is ready....Level-D, scrap me from your fan list and iFly, go ahead with your 737 for FSX very rapidly and I will make the step-over. Already have the FS9 version with lots of pleasure but as I said, I stepped over 100% to FSX now.Happy landings...

Have Level-D for FSX since 2007 but started recently flying with it since my new SB system build can handle it and switched to 100% FSXAfter happy years Level-D 767 VA flying in FS9 I encounterd serious problems with the FSX version.Looking in the Level-D forums for solutions gives me another look and feel about the Level-D support and the fact that Level-D was a king in the old FS9 days but since FSX becomes the joker.I have a problem with bounching 767 after filling the FMC and specially the Cost Index. This one is starting the bounch and even while flying the plane goes nuts.Also the SID/STARS went away or only half so using VNAV is also impossible...I saw a very longggggg topic about it started in 2007 and in summer 2009 the moderator answer was, The team is very busy now with the 757 but after that there will be a fix, Case Closed and topic closed.What the heck, It is now 2 years later and there is no progression for solving that annoying bug????? and we have to wait until the 757 is ready....Level-D, scrap me from your fan list and iFly, go ahead with your 737 for FSX very rapidly and I will make the step-over. Already have the FS9 version with lots of pleasure but as I said, I stepped over 100% to FSX now.Happy landings...
Zero problems with LDS 767 here. Best and most reliable plane in the FS world at the moment. It's also FPS friendly.

Theres a new BETA TEST: Acceleration engine & FMC data dump gauge to fix those problems which most reports from users say its working fine now. there was also the winglet update recenelty I dont see how you can hate the lds767 so much.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I have zero problems with the LDS767. None at all. It's as much fun to fly as in FS9, and with the new beta patch that silverbird mentioned, the final two annoyances have also been eliminated.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

It's ironic you mentioned this... I just installed my FSX version yesterday, updated the navdata with Navigraph, no issues! I can actually enjoy it now with the 2500K.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The only thing that bugs me about the LDS is you can't use the fmc in the vc, it has to be a 2d panel.

I have never had a problem with LVLD 767. however other parts of fsx may affect it like FSUIPC, have you updated this? this fixed some issued I had with PMDG 747, and CS 757.

Zero problems with LDS 767 here. Best and most reliable plane in the FS world at the moment. It's also FPS friendly.
As long as you don't fill the FMC it is working, yes, Please fill your FMC and fill in the cost index (you have to otherwise you can't fly VNAV

Zero problems here too.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Hi,I enter all (optional as well as required) info into the FMC, including the cost index on "EVERY FLIGHT". She is an absolute beauty to fly, she is one of the best system/sub system aircraft ever made for FSX and I spend 99.9% of my flight sim time using the level-d 767.

As long as you don't fill the FMC it is working, yes, Please fill your FMC and fill in the cost index (you have to otherwise you can't fly VNAV

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I think that he's referring to these items mentioned. http://www.leveldsim...celeration-bugsAs you see, the workaround is from Feb 2011, so the solution for the users being affected came somewhere after this date while the problems itself came up with the use of the Acceleration Pack of FSX, in late 2007/early 2008 or so. Since quite some guys had that problem and were rejected somehow (look at the timespan), I can understand some emotions there. But "hate" is a bit too much, you are right. And starting a rant doesn't help in any way of course.The funny thing in that special thread is this 'sorry, can't tell you about it, you have to buy first' mentality though. I mean, he just wanted to know about the present problems, not about the "buy support" solutions.The bug description in the free forums is a bit vague (and maybe outdated, since a fix is available), so questions may come up if a customer is in the decision process.

note that there are several 767 systems "anomalies" or "bugs" that are present in the FSX-XPACK (Acceleration). No timeline for a fix is available. If you are willing to live with the 767-XPACK workarounds... Install the 767-SP2a.
By the way, what about that 757? Big%20Grin.gifI must admit, I haven't used the LD 767 for ages, not bug related though.

I have the LDS 767, in fact that is all I fly. I have NO problems, with any phase of flight. I have heard about problems loading data into the FMS manually. I know there have been topics on the LDS forum, I really suggest you go there: http://www.leveldsim.com/sevensix_home.aspI use FSBuild to plan a flight and then have FSB convert my plan into LDS FMS plan, so when I call the flight up all the data is loaded, works perfect. I am using FSX and have all the latest builds for FSX and LDS.Bob JohnsonDTW

I have the LDS 767, in fact that is all I fly. I have NO problems, with any phase of flight. I have heard about problems loading data into the FMS manually. I know there have been topics on the LDS forum, I really suggest you go there: http://www.leveldsim.com/sevensix_home.aspI use FSBuild to plan a flight and then have FSB convert my plan into LDS FMS plan, so when I call the flight up all the data is loaded, works perfect. I am using FSX and have all the latest builds for FSX and LDS.Bob JohnsonDTW
Agree with everyone on the great attributes of the L/D B763. What do you all use for fuel calculations for a flight?Thanks, Bruce.