Sign in to follow this  
simba_nl

Level-D such a shame

Agree with everyone on the great attributes of the L/D B763. What do you all use for fuel calculations for a flight?Thanks, Bruce.
I use TOPCAT to get the required fuel load, along with derated takeoff etc etc. It's payware, but well worth it.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guys,Let's close this topic, I'm done with the arrogant attitude of some Level-D members/testers/etc. sitting on there holy level-d cloud.Those who want to know what the reason is for my quick move, you can find it in the Level-D FSX forum.
Simba, I hope you are not referring to the members here at AVSIM that have tried to help you, where are the "arrogant attitide" you have experienced and which members were you referring to when you wrote "members/testers/etc. sitting on there holy level-d cloud." Your comment seems to be a little vague.

\Robert Hamlich/

Simba, I hope you are not referring to the members here at AVSIM that have tried to help you, where are the "arrogant attitide" you have experienced and which members were you referring to when you wrote "members/testers/etc. sitting on there holy level-d cloud." Your comment seems to be a little vague.
Oh no, not the helping hands of fellow AVsimmers, that's the reason why I wrote, go to the Level-D website to read the reason of my quick move.The problem I had was a very known problem (5 pages long topic in 2007-2009 and suddenly closed) but they wanted to keep it under the carpet I think, It is not so good for the image of Level-D to have issues unsolved for more then 2 years, especially when you are thinking that you are the best and one and only plane developer. Yelling about my english language skills and Vnav procedure has nothing to do with the problem of a bounching aircraft but more about a migration fault from a FS9 to FSX plane. In fact they denied the issue or acting surprised about the bug and are in fact the people who have to solve it.One of the fellow AVsimmers had the same problem in the past and came with a good workaround for it...So don't worry, nothing to complain abount Avsim and here helping members.

Thanks for the clarification Simba. I don't know if it is a matter of sweeping it under the rug rather it is more like they do not have an answer and it might be just as easy to state that. The engine start issue has plagued the 767 for FSX for some time now and only recently was fixed.Unfortunately I cannot access the Level D forum while at work so I cannot comment on your post there. I do know that I have received excellent help from Level D moderators and members but that does mean that I posted blindly either, there is a bit of homework one should do prior to posting there.

\Robert Hamlich/

Nothing to hide at Level-D. As most of the comments in this thread confirm, the 767 is a solid performer. Problems that some users experience can be attributable to systems issues, user errors, other add-ons, or a corrupted install. I was working through the problems (and accusations of bugs) that simba was reporting in the official forum. My suggestions and questions were greeted with hostility. After several attempts to work with the user to get to the root of the problems, it became apparent that suggestions and questions were not sufficient. What simba is reporting about "bugs" are not reproduceable in all cases, and his assertion that the Configuration Manager is the culprit for his errors is not supportable. If this were the case, the problem would happen in all cases.I work very hard to assist users with any problems, but the process needs to be a dialogue, not a diatribe. Finally, it is odd that simba could not work with us at the official forum to work through the problem... yet has the time to come to the AVSIM forums to make accusations that are not supportable.

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Nothing to hide at Level-D. As most of the comments in this thread confirm, the 767 is a solid performer. Problems that some users experience can be attributable to systems issues, user errors, other add-ons, or a corrupted install. I was working through the problems (and accusations of bugs) that simba was reporting in the official forum. My suggestions and questions were greeted with hostility. After several attempts to work with the user to get to the root of the problems, it became apparent that suggestions and questions were not sufficient. What simba is reporting about "bugs" are not reproduceable in all cases, and his assertion that the Configuration Manager is the culprit for his errors is not supportable. If this were the case, the problem would happen in all cases.I work very hard to assist users with any problems, but the process needs to be a dialogue, not a diatribe. Finally, it is odd that simba could not work with us at the official forum to work through the problem... yet has the time to come to the AVSIM forums to make accusations that are not supportable.
You can try it again by playing the innocent victim by saying that it's impossible to give direct and good support due to corrupted install, user error or whatever but the fact is that a well known problem since 2007 suddenly was closed at 2009 without any pinned solution or whatever. The effected people has to wait for a solution till the development team was ready with the 757 for FSX. So, I really don't understand your renewed position above, I quote: What simba is reporting about "bugs" are not reproduceable in all cases,.........Oh my good Lord, Please explain the 5 pages topic about EXACT THE SAME PROBLEM, THE BOUNCHING AIRCRAFT AFTER HITTING THE COST INDEX.AVsim members with Level-D forum access, please check by your self with the earlier posted link who is wrong or right and telling jokes.I was finished with Level-D due to an arrogant reply from some of your holy Level-D members and to be more specific, one of your Beta testers but right now I'm also done with Level-D official support.

Noone has ever denied there is a 5 page thread about bounce that happens with some systems and some users. What you seem to NOT be saying, however, is that you had NEVER posted to that thread. What you seem to NOT be saying, is that when you finally did post about the problem, and we were trying to figure out what was causing the issue, you did not follow up with some of the requests I made to try to pinpoint the problem.Instead, you have chosen to post here and elsewhere.This is the last I will post about the matter.I will end my paricipation in this thread by saying that dialogue needs to be reciprocated.

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Noone has ever denied there is a 5 page thread about bounce that happens with some systems and some users. What you seem to NOT be saying, however, is that you had NEVER posted to that thread. What you seem to NOT be saying, is that when you finally did post about the problem, and we were trying to figure out what was causing the issue, you did not follow up with some of the requests I made to try to pinpoint the problem.Instead, you have chosen to post here and elsewhere.This is the last I will post about the matter.I will end my paricipation in this thread by saying that dialogue needs to be reciprocated.
Right, also my last statement and last words about it.You talking nuts again , Quote: What you seem to NOT be saying, however, is that you had NEVER posted to that thread.That's correct, when you read the beginning of my post you will read that I have the FSX version since 2007 but started recently with it after flying all the time with the FS9 version. (with lots of pleasure by the way)but more important to our conflict now is that the old topic is closed in 2009 so joining it in 2011 is impossible. getting/finding a solution/workaround in it is also impossible.Before asking or making a new topic it is very common to do a search, well, no hits for bouncing or jumping or dancing aircraft in your forum search engine... but glad I found it by another search engines.So, to be more specific,You'll try but can't denied that it was a very well known problem (again, 5 pages long in the period 2007-2009)For all the fellow AVsim members with a FSX version and reporting no problem, Please set your 767 on a airport with a clean an empty FMC and non running engines, feed the FMC manually and start with,1: Position2: SID3: Route4: Performance (ZFW - Cruise Alt - Cost Index)5: Take offAnd see what's happening. I'll tried it yesterday again by a friend on a completly other system and the same error occured.When you fill the FMC with imported data from FSBuild or whatever external program the system works ok so it only occurs with manual input. If you are interested in it, try by yourself.The solution to avoid the problem was coming from AVsim member JIM to put in first the Route and after that the SID. He also had the same problem as you can read somewhere is this topic.Due to his tip, the half filled rows in the SID and ROUTE page also was solved. By the way, I'm BANNED now on the Level-D forums but fine to me. It's saying everything about the professional Level-D attitude.I'll will not be surprised that you also deleted the old topic complete to get the whole story out of the loop but can't check it anymore.By banning my account I can forget future updates or bug fixes so I hope that the other plane builders speed up a little with there 737 FSX designs so I can put the half baked FSX 767 forever at the Junk Yard.For all the others, Happy landings...

I have never spoken disrespectfully to or about you, sir, yet you continue to post with recklessness and hostility. It is hardly surprising that your forum privileges have been revoked at the Level-D forum.

LVLDF1.gif

Will you two just get over it already! :( Jim :(

Jim Wenham

I think that we have to accept that the customer (which is simba_nl) in this case was just forced to "get over it", he was banned over there. I can't find any unclear descriptions in his statements and I also know that's he right about that mentioned problem and locked thread.So what everyone around, currently, is able to see is a small show of a dev playing the victim role (for good reason? Maybe, maybe not, it's up to you) when acting outside of his protected forum space.Banning customers from their only chance to get official support isn't the way of support I'm expecting from a company. Since I can't see any insulting statements so far, this banning seems to be based on the "annoyance factor" only, not on some violence or other really bad things coming out of simba's mouth.If simba was such a "to-ban-character", he would run into the same fate here. But he, so far, didn't!That's where Avsim comes in handy since they open a free space for both sides, customer and company. As one can see, the statements get much softer then (company side) and the victim role gains attraction for them, as it offers the only protection available.Once again the readers may decide, but as I really know about the problem simba is speaking of and as I also know that it was known since late 2007/ early 2008, one really gets the impression that one of the darlings sometimes struggles hard on support, as seen above.Simba isn't posting emo-free of course, but what exactly do we expect from a guy using the addon in FS9 with pleasure (as he honestly states, with praises to LD), switching to FSX and seeing the product and the company suddenly acting like this?The company guys are the ones to have a professional focus, staying emo-free. The customer, in the limits of respect, has much more freedom there. Banning you from support isn't very professional and "I make the rules over at my forum" is the too easy way of explaining this ban. Not talking about guys with flaming or insulting posts (their freedom has to be limited of course), but talking about those which maybe pinpoint some fault in the product itself.There are devs out there which can handle critics while some others may sometimes fail. Being a dev doesn't make you a perfect supporter, staying emo-free throughout the whole process, but it should make you a person staying open to criticism all the time.I don't blame LD here, but I don't think that simba is to blame too. But "clearing" conflicts by shutting down the talk about them isn't the way they get solved I think.

I think that we have to accept that the customer (which is simba_nl) in this case was just forced to "get over it", he was banned over there. I can't find any unclear descriptions in his statements and I also know that's he right about that mentioned problem and locked thread.So what everyone around, currently, is able to see is a small show of a dev playing the victim role (for good reason? Maybe, maybe not, it's up to you) when acting outside of his protected forum space.Banning customers from their only chance to get official support isn't the way of support I'm expecting from a company. Since I can't see any insulting statements so far, this banning seems to be based on the "annoyance factor" only, not on some violence or other really bad things coming out of simba's mouth.If simba was such a "to-ban-character", he would run into the same fate here. But he, so far, didn't!That's where Avsim comes in handy since they open a free space for both sides, customer and company. As one can see, the statements get much softer then (company side) and the victim role gains attraction for them, as it offers the only protection available.Once again the readers may decide, but as I really know about the problem simba is speaking of and as I also know that it was known since late 2007/ early 2008, one really gets the impression that one of the darlings sometimes struggles hard on support, as seen above.Simba isn't posting emo-free of course, but what exactly do we expect from a guy using the addon in FS9 with pleasure (as he honestly states, with praises to LD), switching to FSX and seeing the product and the company suddenly acting like this?The company guys are the ones to have a professional focus, staying emo-free. The customer, in the limits of respect, has much more freedom there. Banning you from support isn't very professional and "I make the rules over at my forum" is the too easy way of explaining this ban. Not talking about guys with flaming or insulting posts (their freedom has to be limited of course), but talking about those which maybe pinpoint some fault in the product itself.There are devs out there which can handle critics while some others may sometimes fail. Being a dev doesn't make you a perfect supporter, staying emo-free throughout the whole process, but it should make you a person staying open to criticism all the time.I don't blame LD here, but I don't think that simba is to blame too. But "clearing" conflicts by shutting down the talk about them isn't the way they get solved I think.
I agree 100%. Daryl does at times seem a bit short tempered with some support questions at times especially if the user has done little to no search on their own for a answer to a problem. Simba was correct questioning especially seeing the age on this problem. What might be a good idea is to pin more the solutions that work for particular problems especially the older ones that have page after page to read thru. I did not have the bounce problem until I had updated the FMC from Navigraph. The order in which the FMC data is entered seems to be important in the LD767 but is not in others such as CoolSky MD80. I think the LD767 is a awsome product but it is now without its flaws but then again which add-on out there is 100% perfect ...... NONE of them. We all need to figure out the workarounds/solutions to different issues and I dont fault Simba in any way for asking the AVSIM folks for help.Jim

Jim Wenham

And I'm 100% down with what Cool P says here... rolleyes.gif

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

.Level-D, scrap me from your fan list and iFly, go ahead with your 737 for FSX very rapidly and I will make the step-over. Already have the FS9 version with lots of pleasure but as I said, I stepped over 100% to FSX now.Happy landings...
In that case you will want the PMDG NGX for FSX before anything else.