Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX Approach Checklist, please!

Guest C4N

Just wondering, what NG models has PMDG decided on and since i dont have time in an airliner, are there different versions of the HUD for the 737?

If anyone's interested, the 737NG model in the video is the -800 I think. Looking at the MTOW figure in the load / payload page we're shown, we can see it's 174.7 (x1000) Lbs. A quick check on wiki shows this matches the -800 model almost exactly.We've been shown the 800 all along so no surpise. Can't wait to see some of the other models...Adam Turley.

It is legen.....dary!!!

Does the NGX come with a pogo stick? This is a deal-breaker for me. :(

Does the NGX come with a pogo stick? This is a deal-breaker for me. :(
Of course it does! PMDG is all about realism. Haven't you seen real world NG FO's doing their pre-flight jump-around. Considering this, PMDG must be including one. At SWA, they traditionally stowed the pogo stick in the cockpit so that the FO could grab it on his way out of the aircraft to perform the jump-around. Unfortunately many FO's left the aircraft forgetting to take their JAMD (jump-around mobility devise) In an effort to accommodate their forgetful FOs, SWA decided to stow an additional pogo stick in the NLG wheel well so that the FO would be able to use that JAMD if he forgot to take the one from the flight deck. SWA was able to add the pogo sticks to their aircraft without any added weight because the fat that the FOs burned during the jump-around amounted to more than the weight of the JAMDs. Source: "The Encyclopedia of False Knowledge" Written By: Mai Braiyn :Big Grin:Disclaimer: To anyone who thinks I'm remotely serious, I made all of this up!

I just found a picture of a SWA FO that demonstrates the jump-around procedure:businessman_on_pogo_stick.gif

Thanks so much for the update. I am very glad Beta is going well. Spectacular job PMDG, and I am very excited to see the livery previews!

I just found a picture of a SWA FO that demonstrates the jump-around procedure:businessman_on_pogo_stick.gif
:(

I have a question on the HUGS. I'm a stickler for realism, and I would only like to fly with the HUGS with airlines that actually use it. Does anyone know what airlines use them, and if they do, do they only operate them during low visibility, takeoff or landing, or at all times, even during cruise?

Well this really is the news we have been anxiously waiting for. Now we have to all sit for a couple of months and wait for RSR's announcement that the airplane has been released "for about a month now!" wink.giflaugh.gif

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

If anyone's interested, the 737NG model in the video is the -800 I think. Looking at the MTOW figure in the load / payload page we're shown, we can see it's 174.7 (x1000) Lbs. A quick check on wiki shows this matches the -800 model almost exactly.We've been shown the 800 all along so no surpise. Can't wait to see some of the other models...Adam Turley.
The tail number is N738PM in the daytime video. That was the clue for me that it was the -800.

Chuck Biggins

I have a question on the HUGS. I'm a stickler for realism, and I would only like to fly with the HUGS with airlines that actually use it. Does anyone know what airlines use them, and if they do, do they only operate them during low visibility, takeoff or landing, or at all times, even during cruise?
Dude it's probably up to the PIC. I'm sure he'll use it during "low visability" (or maybe required too), but if he wants to use it during severe clear wx who's going to stop him.Bobby Arnold

Hey does anyone no the signiture address thing for the future owner of the 737 ngx??
http://www.virtual-a...7ngx_378x68.pngLuckly I had it stored at my PM inbox because a guy asked me the link a few days ago.If you want the banner with your name on it, PM Jon Preston. I think he's the guy who created the banner.

Matheus Mafra