Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX Approach Checklist, please!

Saw the first video earlier, what a way to start a Monday morning. Did not expect a second video and a preview of the 2D panel. I cannot wait for this aircraft, thanks to that velocity indicator this may be the first aircraft i fly pretty much fully from the VC as it defiantly takes a load off. Since this is going to be my first PMDG product i have a question about the manuals? What help will there be in terms to finding a switch listed in the check-list, such as APU start, overhead panel, bottom centre. Anyway congratulations on this... holy grail of flight simulation. I think this may be the most advanced thing we see before Microsoft Flight. Everything looks absolutely top notch quality and very realistic. Any chance of some livery previews? It would be nice to see how certain liveries highlight the windows, winglets etc...

Thanks for the update. Exiting times. I think there's a lot of "regular Joe's" here who have a lifelong dream of being an airline pilot but never reached that goal. It seems to me now we can have the next best experience. Thanks for all the effort and love you put in to this.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

ABSOLUTELY EPIC!This is amazing news, and really nicely played by PMDG, they've given us plenty of information in this update, so it can only make the wait more painful to endure...I agreed it'd be nice to have a (sort of precise) expected price range, but I'm happy to sit here and wait anticipating more news!

Any chance of some livery previews? It would be nice to see how certain liveries highlight the windows, winglets etc...
We'll be showing off some of the PMDG 737NGX liveries in the coming days! Keep an eye out for them here and on our Facebook page.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Thanks for the update. Exiting times. I think there's a lot of "regular Joe's" here who have a lifelong dream of being an airline pilot but never reached that goal. It seems to me now we can have the next best experience. Thanks for all the effort and love you put in to this.
Yeah that's me .... regular Joe ... heading in the right direction for ATPL until that damn car crash stopped my career path in its tracks ... now I'm grounded but grateful to be alive concidering 2 of my mates died next to me when that accident happened caused by a drunk driver !Anyways ... I really want to fly vc but find it difficult and awkward and end up going back to 2d ... what's the secret to getting comfortable with flying vc ???

Yeah that's me .... regular Joe ... heading in the right direction for ATPL until that damn car crash stopped my career path in its tracks ... now I'm grounded but grateful to be alive concidering 2 of my mates died next to me when that accident happened caused by a drunk driver !Anyways ... I really want to fly vc but find it difficult and awkward and end up going back to 2d ... what's the secret to getting comfortable with flying vc ???
In the JS41, spacebar and my mouse were my best friends. Although in the 747X I still use 2d. Which is weird, because I love the VC workout in the JS41. I just find in the 747 that the panels are spread out so far they are hard to see (if you understand what I am saying). And I don't like using the A key to cycle between the views.

Anyways ... I really want to fly vc but find it difficult and awkward and end up going back to 2d ... what's the secret to getting comfortable with flying vc ???
The keys for me was one, getting a computer that can handle the VC. If the VC isn't smooth, it can make things very difficult. The second was to assign my middle mouse button so it controls the VC mouse look button. That way when I want to look around, I don't have to mess with anything but my mouse, just press the button, move the mouse to look around, then press it again to freeze the view. I'll be honest, it took me awhile to get used to things, but now I'm strictly a VC guy. I will say it can get a bit difficult at times to get the appropriate button on the overhead, but as for the most part the only time that happens is before takeoff and after landing, it doesn't bother me too much.

TrackIR. Took me a while to get used to it.. but no going back now!

once you go TIR you can never go back =). Yes it takes a while to get used to it but after a while its like having a 3rd hand.

Thanks PMDG :) I'm speechless... can hardly believe it but finally only a few days left ;)Cheers :)

regards,

Alexander Marx

All I can say is WOW, WOW -there I said it again. What a treat to wake up to this morning, with the statement that beta testing is already a month old. Groundbreaking work Dev-Team.

Wooww nice video. Its seems like that PMDG worked hard for it and proves that they can do it again.this is a new challance for the simmers, Im sure! And I believe that PMDG becomes a new thing in the flightsim history they ve ever made!!!!!! I cant wait for the release, the big day comes closer and closer!!!:Applause:Maybe we can see 2D panel before release??? That increase frame rates and I like something that increase frame rates Big%20Grin.gif