Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Some days progress just doesn't come easily...

Very nice! Looking forward to seeing the videos.

Hi Everyone, May I respectfully request all members, in view of the Captains recent post, to refrain from posting on matters relative to the 737NGX. I am quite sure that everyone by this time must be fully aware of the progress of this aircraft and by doing so will leave the Team to concentrate fully without interruption to the remaining work. This may in time, bring forward the final release. Please give this post some thought. richard welsh.

Bugger,Ive got a Sydney - L.A flight coming up next Monday i was hoping to have the NGX to toy with for my flight.. buggerThanks for the update any how RobertRegardsJosh

Cheers Josh Cliff

Now I have two questions:1- how complex is this add-on compared to the real thing? in a scale 1-10? in other words: If i was to fully learn everything about this aircraft, instruments and its procedures could I make a successful flight? Yes i know i would have to know how to fly the plane in the first place, lets assume i got that skill :( (sorry i don’t know exactly how to word this example)
Wilson,I'll answer your first question since this is something that I can relate to. I am not an expert "pilot" I am what I would consider the normal sim pilot (short of being hardcore - having all the manuals, controls, gadgets etc) though I have a great idea of aircraft handling and such but when it comes to systems, I'm not an expert per se.Anyway I must stress this - what I'm about to say is ENTIRELY my own view and opinion based on my own personal self.The complexity of this add-on is basically this, it is entirely up to you how complex you want it to be. You can fly it by the book and do everything according to SOP, turn on the failures module and expect to sit throughout the entire flight from start to finish in case anything goes wrong. Or you could leave it as is, set up the FMC, program the flight plan etc, start the engines if they haven't started or you haven't loaded the aircraft in a saved panel state and go. The immersion factor in our NGX is - I'll say this, quite realistic that every time I take it up for a spin, I feel completely immersed. The VC is quite something, so is the handling qualities. It handles like the real thing so much that at the end of your session, your left with total satisfaction and feeling like this - WOW that definitely felt like an NG. I get goose bumps at the end of each flight... One BIG feature that I think many of you will like is the ability to do multi-turn trips without EVER touching the FSX menu. The other day I did a YVR-YLW-YYC-YQQ trip without ever touching the FSX menu. Took me just under 4 hours to complete and all on real-time, it was an unbelieveable trip it left me with goose bumps at the end of the trip. Anyway I hope that answers your first question, I'll leave the rest to others who are more qualified to answer.Cheers,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

All that sounds very exciting... I am just a bit disappointed to learn that we are still weeks before release which means that we won't be flying before summer holidays.... well, what to do...

too much, too soon....

By the time this thing is out, it could be an FAA training aid for a 737 type rating as detailed as it is. PMDG always delvers and never disappoints and worth the wait and money. I only wish PMDG could make all the add ons as the quality is unmatched. What I like about this whole thing is being I am about buying American, the American PMDG company is about to destroy the Chinese competition in quality, PMDG could charge twice as much, and still out sell the Chinese competitor, go U.S.A!Michael P

Can't wait for the video.Respect to the PMDG team working 18 hours a day in total on the product and really getting the maximum possible out of the add-on, I'm sure it is worth waiting just a bit longer and nothing is better than starting off the summer with a brand new, perfect detailed aircraft. Respect!

2- Could you recommend a pilot who is currently taking a type rating for this aircraft to use your flight simulator add-on? In other words: can this product ever be airline approved for teaching there pilots?
Hello,we had this discussion weather you can learn to fly a real aircraft with PMDG addons very often in this forum. Almost every time we came to the conclusion that you'd be able to learn the systems pretty well, but you wouldn't be able to fly it manually.So I'd say that you could learn the systems of an NG in the NGX, but not how to actually fly the real thing.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Robert, thanks for the update old bean. It is good to hear that you are getting on top of things now. Whats a few weeks after all. Hopefully, now, some of the more outspoken ones here that do not appreciate the efforts you guys are putting into this aircraft will keep quiet - for a while.Looking forward to the video's.Once this is all over, you blokes at the DEV team deserve a good long rest. Hopefully everyone will be to busy flying to worry about posting on here or Facebook !!Have a break and cut the hours to 17 a day - you deserve it.

Thanks Robert and team for this update. I sure that the new NGX will be the best in show.!!!! :( Capitan Gallo

Lets make that 17.5, we don't want them to get toooo comfortable!Big%20Grin.gifGreat update Robert, thanks again to you and your team what IS the FLAGSHIP of home flight simulation. I've got three weeks off in July, and if delivered by then the NGX and I will be spending a lot of time together. :(

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

Sounds awsome. Can't wait to get my manuals and start studying.Thank-you (in no order of importance!) Robert, Vin, Ryan, Jason, Dr. Vaos, Alex and anyone else who I'm forgetting ( sorry!) for giving life to what will clearly be the standout release in PC Flight sim history.I think I can see the approach lights through the fog!
I hope you are not calling Dr Vaos, Dr Vaos! apparently Dr Vaos hates being called Dr Vaos.. RSR will have to be notified that you are calling Dr Vaos, Dr Vaos!

Currently the work-schedule is about 18hrs per day
But there are 24 hrs in a day Big%20Grin.gif Thanks for the update can't wait.