Sign in to follow this  
Yankee Clipper

One Possible Reason For The Delay

One thing that I can never understand is why PMDG would want to release the printed manuals so early, when the addon is nowhere near release. Is PMDG going to print out revisions to the printed manuals and send them out via Fedex?

Topic: One Possible Reason For The DelayAnswer: BECAUSE IT'S NOT READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!JackColwill

"One possible reason for the delay"To say there's a delay is to suggest that PMDG has a release schedule for the NGX.I don't think there is one.Let them finish itSteve McLaren

@markadeane:I think your point is valid. As the end user I want both. I want initial systems now, and extremely complex systems later. Having spent many hours with the PMDG versions of the 744 and now the MD-11 I can tell you that all of my flying is simply an extension of problems that I worked out on my own or with the help of these forums.The feeling that you worked something out, or even understand a system is priceless. I still remember when I found TCAS. I was FLOORED when I heard the first alert.

supporter.jpg

Guest Tamadeez
One thing that I can never understand is why PMDG would want to release the printed manuals so early, when the addon is nowhere near release. Is PMDG going to print out revisions to the printed manuals and send them out via Fedex?
Fail post

The manuals we're selling are real life manuals straight from Boeing - the part of the manual that is specific to the simulation is going to come with the product and will obviously be up to date. Part of the idea with releasing them early too was to simulate what really happens when a pilot goes to training when switching to a new aircraft - they get a box just like this filled with manuals and charts and they spend months studying prior to actually showing up at their training class date.
"One possible reason for the delay"To say there's a delay is to suggest that PMDG has a release schedule for the NGX.I don't think there is one.
Ding ding, we have a winner!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

lol, so many things I could say, though I will choose this: patience is a virtue (something I never thought I'd say...)

The manuals we're selling are real life manuals straight from Boeing - the part of the manual that is specific to the simulation is going to come with the product and will obviously be up to date. Part of the idea with releasing them early too was to simulate what really happens when a pilot goes to training when switching to a new aircraft - they get a box just like this filled with manuals and charts and they spend months studying prior to actually showing up at their training class date.Ding ding, we have a winner!

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer
TFDi Design (Invernyx) | Website

reason for delay is that this plane is such an immersive experience close to reality that RSR got into the virtual cabin with 3D glasses and managed to get locked into the aft toilets ! Ryan, FREE OUR FAVORITE CAPTAIN, we want the plane out !! :(

too much, too soon....

...Part of the idea with releasing them early too was to simulate what really happens when a pilot goes to training when switching to a new aircraft - they get a box just like this filled with manuals and charts and they spend months studying prior to actually showing up at their training class date...
He he, maybe at the big outfits, but lots of smaller places have a different conversation."You like the Dash right?""Sure, looks neat""Okay 'x' pilot quit. Your going for the type course with 'y' pilot""Ohh cool. When""Coming Wednesday. Go to the library, find some old manuals and have fun""Oh..thanks (?)"

Topic: One Possible Reason For The DelayAnswer: BECAUSE IT'S NOT READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!JackColwill
NO WAY! that can't be it, that is too reasonable.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I think it has not been released is PMDG are being perfectionist. This is a bad thing. Just release it and come out with a servise pack later. This is a simlator not a piano. If u cant do this please tell us what is going on. When I say this I mean what stage are u in when u think u will go to the next stage and why it is taking so long to release.Ian Prado

My mind hurts when I read these forums sometimes. For the love of God will everyone shush about the NGX and fail posts.. Lol. Holy cow. It's like watching a bunch of kids argue over the swing.

I think it has not been released is PMDG are being perfectionist. This is a bad thing. Just release it and come out with a servise pack later. This is a simlator not a piano. If u cant do this please tell us what is going on. When I say this I mean what stage are u in when u think u will go to the next stage and why it is taking so long to release.Ian Prado
We have a reputation for quality to uphold - please don't forget that. We are not going to release a flagship product with a bunch of known bugs just because we know we can patch it later. That's not what most people are paying for. Waaaaay too many software products come out today using that mentality - anyone who plays PC games outside of FSX will know what I'm talking about. As a gamer I'm incredibly frustrated when I buy a game and it turns out to be filled with bugs and the developer promises a patch in a month or more. If someone gives us their money, we want them to know we did our absolute best on the product - that is sacred here.We intend the service packs for this airplane to be largely feature additions and improvements - stuff like shared cockpit, more cockpit and equipment options in the FMC, new failures etc, not bug fixes for things that should have worked right in the first place. Will bugs make it through despite our "perfectionism"? Of course, they always do, but we aren't going to sit here and knowingly let them through.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Well said Ryan.You guys shouldnt have to justify yourselves to people on here.Proper simmers already know that PMDG drop the real quality.Maybe a lot of the people ######ing are too used to getting what they want all the time..Then the feet stamping starts and dummies start flying around.