Sign in to follow this  
Yankee Clipper

One Possible Reason For The Delay

Then either you are visiting a different board than I am, oryou just don't read. Don't care which itis. If it was a once shot deal, then I could understand, but too often have Iseen reactions from PMDG staff that I almost cannot believe they would everrespond in such a way if this "rapport" as you champion was one doneface to face. And to think that it issome sort of luxury this relationship of this board with the devs to be foundnowhere else on the web, then you are sadly mistaken. There are plenty of communities out therewhere the interaction with the developers, even during the development processfar exceed anything you could ever hope to find in on AVSIM, except for maybeBryan York or the guys at Hi-fi Sim, who are by far thegold/silver/platinum/cosmic standard if we are to stay in FSX/9. Is this the sole archetype? No of course not, there have been plenty of times I find the PMDG crewmore than helpful in the exchange, what they did to settle the texturedisappearing was a great help, only one amongst others, however too often, evenif it is a minority of the time, I see responses made in poor judgment. I amnot someone looking for a fight either, not one to be easily offended, but theway PMDG has handle this boondoggle, which was entirely of their own making,has been lacking, and they should have done better. And I know I am not theonly one thinking this.
Agree to disagree, though I'm pretty sure I peruse the same forums as you.Seems as though a few of us forum members have some sort of unmerited sense of righteousness. Maybe those members have had a personal experience with staff? That could be the reason for the terrible attitude in the forums in which they're a guest. I find it highley offensive that anyone would be so bold and ignorant as to comment on how long it's taking the developers to produce a simulationj --no-- a fully functioning counterpart of a real world extremely complex airliner. Talk about "biting the hand that feeds you". :( ...Embarrassing. (This one isn't directed at you, Scott. You've been relatively mild)Anywho, I guess this thread has run it's course! :( That being said, I'm delighted to see that the dimensions are so accurate in the VC! Everything looks to be the correct size relative to each other.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

So you don't like it when devs release products and rely on a service pack or two to get it right,But apparently you have no problems with devs releasing a plethera of coming soon updates over a 12 month period and responding to those who bring that to attention with rude comments.
Scott What I think he is referring too is a certain other developer that released a unfinished product with the promise of a " feature pack" Why not just wait until it was done to release this product? I think we can both guess why they might have been in a big rush to get it to market considering they needed it beat it too market by more than 30 days. BTW I don't blame this certain other developer, I would have done the same thing in their shoes. They could not risk the NGX hitting the market first.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

So you don't like it when devs release products and rely on a service pack or two to get it right,But apparently you have no problems with devs releasing a plethera of coming soon updates over a 12 month period and responding to those who bring that to attention with rude comments.
Scott-From reading your posts in this thread it is pretty clear that you are upset with us or me in general- that is unfortunate, and I'm sorry to see it. Your reply to my post mis-characterizes my earlier post- so lets try this from a different angle:-> Our customers visit this forum in order to engage with the PMDG development team. Certainly there are others out there that do the same- but lets be candid: The vast majority of developers make no effort what-so-ever to be interfaced directly with their customers. We do it because we like the back-and-forth. Yes- even the not-so-nice, even the abject dishonest attacks, even the whinging... 99% of the folks we deal with here are polite with us and we treat them in kind. There is the 1%... I'm sorry you find it offensive that occasionally we have to handle someone roughly- but this is life, unfortunately.->In the past, our customers have been exceedingly critical of us for not sharing any information with them on the current status of development. Reference the 747-400 for FS9 and the MD-11 development cycles. We provided you with very little information, and this forum was more-or-less overrun with legitimate complaints and fervent requests that we start providing more information. With the NGX development cycle, we have tried to do this on a more-or-less regular basis.-> Since we are now providing more-or-less regular updates (someone told me we have produced something like 200 updates between here and the Facebook page just in 2011 alone? Wow...) we have folks coming here and criticizing us for "pushing the hype." Well... We are producing a product that takes hundreds of man-hours per week, absorbs 10-18hrs of time (seven days a week right now) for all of the core developers, *AND* we feel that this will be the single finest simulation product ever released for simmers... Now marry that with the fact that we are showing you pieces of the work that clearly show the level of quality being provided- and add in the resultant excitement that it causes for our customers.... and yes- there certainly is some excitement. What would be the point of all this work if there were no excitement?From "Day One" on this project, we have not projected a release timeline. I think some users forget this- and that is unfortunate. We have taken this approach because it prevents the development team from falling under the spell of some false timeline that is really meaningless.The only thing that matters to us is that the product be fully usable and not require excuses when you install it on your machine.You won't see us trying to explain away poorly coded LNAV/VNAV behavior as an artifact of some botched download process, nor will you see us trying to tell you that the airplane won't maintain the programmed flight altitude because you entered the wrong cost index, or have UAC running, you use the wrong anti-virus suite or some other distraction in an effort to take the focus off the fact that product quality is poor.No- at PMDG we are concerned with making sure that any "issues" that come out in the initial version are not problems with the core functionality of the airplane, thus rendering it incapable of simulating the mission it performs in the real world... I don't doubt that we will issue service packs for the NGX- but you won't NEED those service packs in order to fly the airplane successfully from A to B.I hope this helps you understand more clearly what I meant.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Kyle-You get a "pat on the back" for giving me the best laugh of the week...Your signature graphic had me laughing so hard that my wife came down from the other end of the house to find out what was causing all the ruckus...Very funny... :( :( :(

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I am an absolute PMDG a really excited user because I am running a Phenom quad core processor with an integrated video card and the PMDG aircraft give me outstanding frame rates even with AI traffic and other sliders set pretty high, where other competitors I just can't do that, in fact they blame my computer, no this proves that quality software will give great performance. I hope the NGX gives as good frames as the MD-11 does then I would be one happy flight simmer.Michael Pare.

Kyle-You get a "pat on the back" for giving me the best laugh of the week...Your signature graphic had me laughing so hard that my wife came down from the other end of the house to find out what was causing all the ruckus...Very funny... :( :( :(
Thanks.And you're welcome. I figured a little humor was needed around here, especially lately.

Kyle Rodgers

"The only thing that matters to us is that the product be fully usable and not require excuses when you install it on your machine."Hi Robert,I agree.The only thing I'm sure is that when your NGX will be released it'll be a masterpiece, another important milestone in the history of fligth simulation, it's not important for me when (I'm going to keep me alive and healty for some years) but how....Only bad thing: due to the delay in the release it'll be obliged to spend some extra hour (till now I've logged two hours and two manual landings) in that B737 NG fixed base simulator in Milan to keep me trained for the NGX...(what a pity)Best Regards and Whishes for your hard-workCiaoAndrea Buono

The best part is it is made in America not China like the other half baked product, yeah that matters to me. I like the fact that PMDG takes the time to go above and beyond to deliver a superior product, and that is why they are number one. Michael Pare.

I am one who appreciates the attitude and commitment of PMDG. There is an assumed confidence when you purchase a PMDG product that the quality will be there.I am also a real "a really excited user" of PMDG (there should be a Tshirt available for us) because I get sooo much enjoyment from their products, whether it is the 744, J41 or MD11. I have plenty to fly and plenty to learn with "Angle of Attack" productions, until the NGX is released. Their previous products are so good that I'm sure that I will continue to fly them long into the future.Take your time and do what it takes to get it right. Us "PMDG a really excited user" are patient and we're the ones that you have to impress anyway.:( Thanks,Bob

The best part is it is made in America not China like the other half baked product, yeah that matters to me. I like the fact that PMDG takes the time to go above and beyond to deliver a superior product, and that is why they are number one. Michael Pare.
Actually it's made in about 8 countries, but I believe USA holds the largest number of dev team members.

Stop with the racism already. I am sure that is in the interest of everybody here.And PMDG have said several times now that the iFly bashing needs to stop.

Stop with the racism already. I am sure that is in the interest of everybody here.And PMDG have said several times now that the iFly bashing needs to stop.
Awe come on, there's nothing racist about being proud of your own country! I can understand how the citizens of PRC might be offended by his comment but there's nothing inherently wrong with Americans wanting to buy American products. Australians may prefer Foster over Kirin. The Japanese may prefer Honda over Harley Davidson. Personally I may drink Corona (a Mexican product) but I buy American made trucks. This is no place to be tossing out the race card.

I can understand how the citizens of PRC might be offended by his comment [...]
Did that comment make it past the giant government filter is really the question... :(

Kyle Rodgers

Awe come on, there's nothing racist about being proud of your own country! I can understand how the citizens of PRC might be offended by his comment but there's nothing inherently wrong with Americans wanting to buy American products. Australians may prefer Foster over Kirin. The Japanese may prefer Honda over Harley Davidson. Personally I may drink Corona (a Mexican product) but I buy American made trucks. This is no place to be tossing out the race card.
That's not how he put it and it's quite clear what he was insinuating. But you are right about this not being the place for itHow about appreciating the NGX as a product by several talented individuals instead of slapping a national flag on it?

Guest nzch2010
I am an absolute PMDG a really excited user because I am running a Phenom quad core processor with an integrated video card and the PMDG aircraft give me outstanding frame rates even with AI traffic and other sliders set pretty high, where other competitors I just can't do that, in fact they blame my computer, no this proves that quality software will give great performance. I hope the NGX gives as good frames as the MD-11 does then I would be one happy flight simmer.Michael Pare.
Your an absolute PMDG a really excited user, yet you buy the other NG, miss the deadline for a refund, then continue to bag them on there forums with your whinging posts. Good grief.Will be watching your posts after the NGX release, and we will see.