Sign in to follow this  
lorenzog89

Ms Flight FAIL

So we've had videos entitled 'free' 'lift' 'soul' and 'explore'....Presumably the next video will be entitled, 'conduct a low level surprise attack in a Nakajima B5N torpedo bomber'Al
Maybe just "explode" in keeping with their single word titles.Regards, Mike Mann

in Pearl Harbor where the war with the Japanese Empire started.- jahman.
I think you might find the war with the Japanese empire started with invasion of Manchuria in September 1931. True, the US didn't militarily come in at that point, but for example, the Flying Tigers American Volunteer Group were training in Burma well before the US entered the war proper, and the AVG's formation was approved by Franklin D Roosevelt. It was covertly funded by the US too, with most of the US pilots in the AVG coming directly from US air arms including the Army, Navy and Marines, and they did very well indeed against the lighter and more maneuverable A6M, this, in P-40 fighters which were redirected from their original RAF customer, so that they could be used by the AVG. The AVG were there to assist the Chinese, and the Chinese were fighting the Japanese because of the invasion of Manchuria, so that really is the catalyst.The US were also active in supporting numerous combatants against the Japanese and indeed the other Axis forces long before the attack on Pearl Harbor. You can see the US knew it was coming in Hollywood's output amongst other things, notably in movies such as 1941's Casablanca, where fighting the Axis is very obviously portrayed as the 'right thing to do'.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On a less serious note, this does again beg the question, will they put combat in it? Of course it would be rather bad taste to put a Pearl Harbor attack in there, so I doubt that is likely to show up, but you have to admit, they do seem to be pushing that Biplane quite a bit in the promos, and it was a military trainer. MS made a fair few quid from Combat Flight Simulator, and it pulled in a lot of customers who would not have bought FS. If that shop online thing transpires, there is no better revenue stream than a bunch of combat missions.Al

Alan Bradbury

After further analysis I have to retract myself, what we are seeing in the MS pic is the back of the USS Missouri, the MS pic is accurate, nothing is missing so far viewed from the back.....:( my mistake.

Here is a pic. of the USS Missouri....does the one from Flight look like this one?? Is it me or is there some missing parts on Flight's USS Missouri compare to the real pic?SSM.png

You might get a 'stern' rebuke for making that mistake. :( Al

Alan Bradbury

I'm 53 and this is the first mistake ever.....can I get a free pass...:(

I think you might be going a little 'overboard' with that statement.Regards, Mike Mann

Here is a pic. of the USS Missouri....does the one from Flight look like this one?? Is it me or is there some missing parts on Flight's USS Missouri compare to the real pic?SSM.png
The Flight pic is actually taken from the stern, so it's hard to compare to this PIC, but the shadows (On the Flight Pic) does look a bit weird. For example you can see the shadow of what looks like a warship docked alongside (Out of view to the rear of the camera angle) but not the shadow of the gangway.Another missing piece that may lend itself to indicate is is a shot from Flight, or a artist impression, rather than a photo, is that it's missing the tent structure constructed on the stern of the ship. Granted if it is a photo, it may have been taken at a time period before it was placed on the ship.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Sorry but this discussion about it being a real picture is a joke right? It's clearly a CGI.

It really looks like a photo superimposed over the FS back ground. Wonder if this was a joke. . why is the destroyer seem to not be in the water? Really bad blending at water mark. Looks like bad photoshop. Has anybody confirmed taht this pic was really indeed on Flight Face book site?

This thread makes me laugh on MANY MANY levels. It seems MS is really bringing out the BIG GUNS for Flight. =)

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

It really looks like a photo superimposed over the FS back ground. Wonder if this was a joke. . why is the destroyer seem to not be in the water? Really bad blending at water mark. Looks like bad photoshop. Has anybody confirmed taht this pic was really indeed on Flight Face book site?
I saw it on the Facebook site before it was removed. It was located in this album: (You can even see my comment)

Brandon Filer

I've got it, Flight must be a typo, the name of the program is Fleet. :( Al

Alan Bradbury

\Not necessarily default but still Flight.
Why would they not shot us default? The level of improvement between FSX scenery to Flight scenery is just as big as FS9 to FSX. I'm pretty sure we're seeing default scenery here in Flight.

Brandon Filer

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.