Sign in to follow this  
lufthansi

Does the NGX have these features?

Hi everybody!Congrats on the efforts you've made so far. I follow the updates since almost 2 years and I still fly the "old" NG made by PMDG. While waiting for the release and studying some NG manuals I was wondering about the following:Do the Autopilot relays that can be heard in a classic 737 also clacker in a 737NG or is there something like a new software that replaced the mechanic relays within the FCU?Here you can hear the relays very well right at the beginning:http://www.youtube.c...YASI_c&index=38At this 737NG I hear nothing that sounds like one of those relays:

The second question is if PMDG found a way to simulate working windshield wipers. I remember flying a simulator from a different company than Microsoft maybe 10 years ago on my PC. They had working wipers. Even the scenery was distorted when looking through the wet window. I don't know the name of the sim anymore. But it worked smooth. You could only fly small planes but as a nice practice you could do some emergencies together with ATC.Greetings to the whole PMDG team from Frankfurt, Germany! Keep up the great work and look fwd to your holidays after release ;-)Stephan Kruse

Well ... with the length of time this aircraft is taking to come to fruition I think it's a foregone conclusion that this will available !! .... :(

Not. Sure about the first question but the last 5 pmdg products have had working wipers so it's safe to say yes :).

There's nothing like that relay sound in the real NG cockpit - the loudest thing you'll hear is probably the trim wheel.The wipers work but they aren't going to actually remove rain from the windshield or anything like that - we are limited by the FSX graphics engine here guys - it doesn't support refraction, deformation/tessellation or anything that you'd need to do it. Remember this engine is already 6 years old - we've pushed it to the max here, but we can't just make up anything we want in it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

By the relay do you mean the '50, 40, 30, 20 ,10' call outs? If so then it's the GPWS calling out the radio altitude and that will, most definitely, be included. Very basic and standard.

Hi everybody!Congrats on the efforts you've made so far. I follow the updates since almost 2 years and I still fly the "old" NG made by PMDG. While waiting for the release and studying some NG manuals I was wondering about the following:Do the Autopilot relays that can be heard in a classic 737 also clacker in a 737NG or is there something like a new software that replaced the mechanic relays within the FCU?Here you can hear the relays very well right at the beginning:http://www.youtube.c...YASI_c&index=38At this 737NG I hear nothing that sounds like one of those relays:
The second question is if PMDG found a way to simulate working windshield wipers. I remember flying a simulator from a different company than Microsoft maybe 10 years ago on my PC. They had working wipers. Even the scenery was distorted when looking through the wet window. I don't know the name of the sim anymore. But it worked smooth. You could only fly small planes but as a nice practice you could do some emergencies together with ATC.Greetings to the whole PMDG team from Frankfurt, Germany! Keep up the great work and look fwd to your holidays after release ;-)Stephan Kruse
Hi Stephan What you hear is the vibrator in the Standby altimeter/airspeed indicator, This is to prevent sticking of the altimeter needle. Mark.Boeing 737NG Ground Engineer

Mark Scheerman

Boeing 737-6/7/8/900 Ground Engineer

Thanks for your replies! I only hold a license as an AMT on 737 Classics. I have to go on board of Air Berlins 737NG one day to play around a bit.@ Mark: Yeah I know that vibrator. It's quite anying sometimes. Therefore pilots pull the corresponding circuit breaker to silence their cockpit. After that they complain about incorrect indication and we have to change it. Sometimes it comes with an integrated current transformer and sometimes without. We have two versions installed in our fleet of 737 Classics.@ Ryan: I assumed that FSX puts in its limits here. Don't worry. The wipers aren't the most important thing. We'll use the rain repellant system instead ;-) Have you simulated the smell of "christmas tree" that comes from that liquid?I'm really looking fwd to that product. But now I have to fly my PMDG N371BC from Hamburg to Nice. The Sheik's son is waiting... He wants to go to PMDG to pick up his new toy. That's gonna be a looooong flightStephan

odd thought...wipers to wipe away rain which cannot be wiped away - yesradar to show clouds - noindeed, the fsx software engine is limiting. However, it is nice to have the switch actually cause a movement, so it's nice to have the wipers that don't wipe.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

odd thought...wipers to wipe away rain which cannot be wiped away - yesradar to show clouds - no
Please don't start with this kind of comparison again - the wipers can actually move across the windshield without rain being there in real life. The radar cannot show you the locations of clouds in real life.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

By the way, I never understood why FS9 was allowing rain to be wiped out the windshield and not FSX... seems like nonsense.

too much, too soon....

By the way, I never understood why FS9 was allowing rain to be wiped out the windshield and not FSX... seems like nonsense.
Because the FS9 engine supported animations on textures (the rain in FS9 is basically an animated GIF like you'd see on websites), they removed that functionality in FSX and only they know why. Hopefully Flight actually physically models precipitation and allows for custom DX11 GPU shader effects - all of this will be moot then if they do that. You'll see sheets of rain with realistic light refraction, engine heat exhaust etc if they do that.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Thanks for your replies! I only hold a license as an AMT on 737 Classics. I have to go on board of Air Berlins 737NG one day to play around a bit.@ Mark: Yeah I know that vibrator. It's quite anying sometimes. Therefore pilots pull the corresponding circuit breaker to silence their cockpit. After that they complain about incorrect indication and we have to change it. Sometimes it comes with an integrated current transformer and sometimes without. We have two versions installed in our fleet of 737 Classics.@ Ryan: I assumed that FSX puts in its limits here. Don't worry. The wipers aren't the most important thing. We'll use the rain repellant system instead ;-) Have you simulated the smell of "christmas tree" that comes from that liquid?I'm really looking fwd to that product. But now I have to fly my PMDG N371BC from Hamburg to Nice. The Sheik's son is waiting... He wants to go to PMDG to pick up his new toy. That's gonna be a looooong flightStephan
Sorry, what is an AMT?sig.gif

Sorry, what is an AMT?
Maybe Aviation Maintenance Technician?Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

@ Ryan: I assumed that FSX puts in its limits here. Don't worry. The wipers aren't the most important thing. We'll use the rain repellant system instead ;-) Have you simulated the smell of "christmas tree" that comes from that liquid?Stephan
Stephan-We did not simulate the evergreen smell, but any time you hit that button Ryan has to lean out the window of his office and spray a toxic chemical into the air...Now if you would like to purchase the carbon offset for your simulated airplane, we can talk... :(

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com