Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

Please keep in mind that with these specialty liveries, like the above Southwest, we have to either be able to find or reproduce the art work, otherwise, you end up having to go with some kind of "photo real" texture that just don't look good on the plane IMHO.
Exactly my thought... There was only exactly one occurence where I sorta 'had' to take a photoreal part in one of mine, all the rest was totally hand crafted. And the quality gain by doing so is not to be underestimated IMHO.Anyways, just a note to the fellow painters out there, to whom it may concern: A quick glance at the post-SP1 model clearly shows the UVW mapping on the right wing root has been fixed and can now apparently be painted just as well as the left one.I don't know if anyone remembers the D-AHFM paint I've been doing some time ago, but it certainly benefited a whole lot from that fix. Before it was impossible to make it look any nice because the textures were asymmetrical on the left and right fuselage parts. Could be good to know if you do some fancy special repaints. Just FYI.sig.gif

One little thing I'm still seeing on the model is the black line near the wing root on the underside running fore to aft. I think it's something in the spec files because I "accidentally" fixed it on one of my repaints and the only thing different was tweaked spec files.Seems they fixed the light leaks on the outside. Also, was the problem with the slight white line that shows up at the -800 separation points get figured out?

Chris Hicks

One little thing I'm still seeing on the model is the black line near the wing root on the underside running fore to aft. I think it's something in the spec files because I "accidentally" fixed it on one of my repaints and the only thing different was tweaked spec files.
Ah, I'll check that as well then.sig.gif

I Would like to request a paint for the 737-700, which is the good old Braathens livery. Although the airline don't exist anymore today, as it was purchased by SAS, the livery was in my opinion a very nice one.I know it's a selfish request, as i doubt there's many Norwegians/Scandinavians in this forum, but i hope some painters may want to at least consider it.Here's at least a link to the picture of the first 737 NG that was delivered to Braathens, which today is painted in the SAS livery:LN-TUA

Why was this thread unpinned? It was a great reference to see what repaints where cooking. Now it's just going to get lost in all the other threads.

Not sure.Hey guys, there's no -700 600 paint kit yet. So hold on to your requests.

Chris Hicks

Hey guys, there's no -700 600 paint kit yet. So hold on to your requests.
Just as an FYI, the paint kits are available.Tabs - Can we have this thread pinned again?

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Just as an FYI, the paint kits are available.Tabs - Can we have this thread pinned again?
Oh wow. They're fast... In any case, I'm going to be flying and not painting for a while.

Chris Hicks

Since this isn't pinned anymore, I guess I'll try and keep it at the top by request a Delta liver for the -700. Not in a rush at all.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

There aren't many 736's in the U.S., and I'm wanting to fly it in the Hawaii area. They do fly the Aloha Cargo now in a 732, and it would be great if this livery could be applied to the 600 model. I'm hoping others are looking forward to this.

Hmm...I'm having several issues with the new paint kits. Seems like some of the -800/900 files are still mixed in there causing some misalignments. Hopefully they'll be fixed soon.

Chris Hicks

Where exactly does this one differ in any way from any of the other paints? Apart from the reg#?sig.gif

Im going to take a shot in the dark here as it's early days but would one of your guys who are fantastic painters please consider this for myself and many more am sure .BMI+Baby+733+G-TOYI+BHX+08.08.08+2dbaeg.jpg737 -700 Regards Steve, Im not sure which version it is in this picture. I do believe it operates the 500 &300 series but which one you think would look good i think the 700 series..