Sign in to follow this  
JRHdez

Countdown T-MINUS for NGX :)

you were to have received some level of warning, according to the CEO, so I wouldn't expect some quick surprise tomorrow.
But it's not a surprise. PMDG set a date. It is perfectly reasonable to presume that the NGX will be released tomorrow.

They didn't set a date. They said they "anticipate" on or before August the 4th, but that was subject to change if any unresolved issues remain by that time. They also said that they'd give plenty of notice of a release, which to me would mean at least 24 hours, although that part of course is opinion. I think that there are probably some remaining issues that they are working on, and they want to keep working right up to the line on the 4th to see if they can still get it out the door without making an announcement or possibly delay and risking an E-riot!

They didn't set a date. They said they "anticipate" on or before August the 4th, but that was subject to change if any unresolved issues remain by that time. They also said that they'd give plenty of notice of a release, which to me would mean at least 24 hours, although that part of course is opinion. I think that there are probably some remaining issues that they are working on, and they want to keep working right up to the line on the 4th to see if they can still get it out the door without making an announcement or possibly delay and risking an E-riot!
Thanks for helping me avoid quoting my own post from earlier to answer the post above yours.

Kyle Rodgers

They already announced a code freeze so I seriously doubt they're working on any significant issues that would delay release.

Haha only someone who has no experience of software design could have that opinionWorried.gif Just because there is a "code freeze", doesn't mean that some new issues will not occur or be discovered, requiring extra time to iron out. In fact in my experience the exact time that some of the biggest issues tend to arise, is right after you think it's done. I'm not saying it's not coming on the 4th; simply that it's not the given that 99% of the forum seem to be taking it as at the moment.

They already announced a code freeze so I seriously doubt they're working on any significant issues that would delay release.
Ok, I hate to be the ignorant here, but what the heck is a code freeze?

Raul

San Juan, P.R..

Windows 7 Pro 64bit, 3.5ghz Ivy Bridge, NvidiaGTX1080, 16gb Corsair Vengeance, 1000w Power supply, Corsair H100 cooler

http://www.youtube.c...75?feature=mhee

9:26am, August 4th here in Shanghai. I'm fully ready!
this could be taken a couple different ways LOL.gif Guthrie Z

Haha only someone who has no experience of software design could have that opinionWorried.gif Just because there is a "code freeze", doesn't mean that some new issues will not occur or be discovered, requiring extra time to iron out. In fact in my experience the exact time that some of the biggest issues tend to arise, is right after you think it's done. I'm not saying it's not coming on the 4th; simply that it's not the given that 99% of the forum seem to be taking it as at the moment.
Whatever. Both arguments are equally valid and equally pointless. I'm done.

its only 8:21PM at the PMDG World Wide HQ, they still have time to say we are going tomorrow, and that would be plenty of notice in our sense since we are hitting F5 again before the page gets loaded!

Broo! why have that pessimism? No one knows that is true but at least keep the spirit UP! YES NGX will be with us tomorrow, even if we are not sure about it... think positive...:) [=

they want to keep working right up to the line on the 4th to see if they can still get it out the door without making an announcement or possibly delay and risking an E-riot!
I have my E-pitchfork and E-torch ready to go.

AOA seems to think dat release is on the 4th. You would think that they would know if there is a delay. Keep the hope alive!