Sign in to follow this  
JRHdez

Countdown T-MINUS for NGX :)

I have a feeling that they will update us for release late tonight (their time) and then late tomorrow night (their time) they will release it. But maybe to increase the hits more quickly, they will release mid day tomorrow (their time).

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

Haha...I bet I have it before you, Jay! Come to think of it, it's just another bus, mate, Frank Cooper

Not saying I am right in any way what so ever, in fact I am probably wrong but I recall bout' a year ago when RSR said if they told us it would be very very late in the night, or early in the morning for that matter. But who know's, maybe my mind is fooling me yet again. We shall see what events transpire tonight... I know I am not going to bed Hypnotized.gif Oh and before I forget, I have done the math. PMDG has over 350,000 waiters (what my friends told me, not quite sure on that) ... But if this is the case, PMDG will be reeling in a jaw dropping total of 24,500,00 USD... If my calculations are correct... (correct me if I am wrong, was too lazy to use a calculator) Then PMDG will be getting a pay check of over 24 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!! Money Eyes.gif

lol just keep refreshing this page until you see RSR's name pop up on the 'users reading this forum' or something :)

its starting to look like the ngx wont be coming out tomorrow because pmdg would update us before it is released. if they did release it tomorrow it would be later in the day.

"Then PMDG will be getting a pay check of over 24 MILLION DOLLARS" yes, but factor in overhead, and R&D costs that have accumulated over the last 3 or whatever years its taken to build this thing (with not much coming in save for the JS41 and the LCF/747-8 releases which are more addons), a lot of those funds will probably be used to pay off the loans used to finance them to date! (note: am just pulling things out of thin air). Still though...what better value for your company than to have thousands of users all over the world eagerly awaiting the release of your products!! way ta go...idaho!! :)

- i just got my track IR, so i will keep busy fooling with it in the mean time.

Peter Osborn

"Then PMDG will be getting a pay check of over 24 MILLION DOLLARS" yes, but factor in overhead, and R&D costs that have accumulated over the last 3 or whatever years its taken to build this thing (with not much coming in save for the JS41 and the LCF/747-8 releases which are more addons), a lot of those funds will probably be used to pay off the loans used to finance them to date! (note: am just pulling things out of thin air). Still though...what better value for your company than to have thousands of users all over the world eagerly awaiting the release of your products!! way ta go...idaho!! :)
Hmmm, right you are. Good point. And as a side not for others since I can already since the arguments... I am aware now that 350,000 people waiting is bogus.. Thanks anyway :)

Australia 958 ... wish I was home waiting for it and to fly it will be working until it is almost the 5th lol
I am :D 10:44am, missus wants me to take her out for shopping, but trying to juggle out for shopping vs. NGX, it's a tough choice :(

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

I wonder what the 747 release was like several years ago. Probably not this crazy

- i just got my track IR, so i will keep busy fooling with it in the mean time.
I just bought it as well and have spent the last week trying to get it ready for the NGX. I also bought ezdok to change the view points. I just downloaded the update for ezdok and I can no longer get them to work together. I am finding that I can not quite get it set up properly. My view point tends to veer slightly to one side. I found that my head was adjusting and it was giving me a sore neck straining to bring the view point to centre. As soon as I get it configured properly I know it is going to be amazing. I was just hoping that I would have it figured before the NGX was released.
I wonder what the 747 release was like several years ago. Probably not this crazy
It was crazy. It is hard to gauge but I think it is crazier this time. I think the 737 appeals to a broader audience. The short hop factor is something that is very attractive. It is hard to quantify. Only PMDG would be able to tell you after they sell so many units over time. They won't ever discuss sales figure so we have to guess.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

This is why I'm enjoying a nice flight from KORD-LOWW in the MD-11...and checking the website...smile.png -Todd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

[...] we anticipate releasing the PMDG 737NGX on or before 04AUG11.
I'm not saying it's not going to happen, but keep in mind that it's not a deadline. It's an anticipated release, meaning, they're taking a guess that's a little more firm than the vagueness we've gotten up until now. So, that being said, I'd prefer to not see the forums burning tomorrow night if nothing happens. Then again, I'm not going to be surprised if they are...

Kyle Rodgers