Sign in to follow this  
ryelk

Could you fly a real 737NG?

I think it's possible, I only have a PPL, but i have spend some time in the jumpseat of the 737NG, it doesnt look too complicated.Every landing you can walk away from is a good landing.

Don't you know Mr. Bassue?My SCROTUM make my aircraft nose heavy, I don't need autoland.
LOL you are funny .. first with the pedo robert avatar and now this thread.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I think it's possible, I only have a PPL,
No doubt with PPL your chances are a lot higher.

Simple answer No you will kill yourself. If someone was there to help you then Yes you can make it! These planes are hard enough as it is for 2 pilots much less one pilot. Flight sim helps with flows and checklist thats it! There is a reason why airlines require 1500 PIC jet time before they hire you as a FO. flight sim is just a game end of story.I get a chuckle out of seeing post like this!

Hello friends! I am a trained 737 simmer, have simmed the old PMDG for years now, with checklists and procedures. For some years ago I was invited to a real 737 NG full motion simulator. I got half an hour in the sim, and the first 10 minutes was spent just to look around me where things were located. It was completely different than the 2D panels in PMDG and also the 3D panels. 2D panel to 3D panel makes a big difference. 3D panel to real cockpit makes same big difference. It is easy to overcompansate the movements on the collum. Actually to operate the plane (find the buttons) are not quite easy if you aren`t used to spend your time in a real cockpit. I forgot the before landing flows (like setting engine start switches cont, arm speedbrake and so on) but landed the a/c without any damage. To really know about fighting with REF speeds, manuvering speeds, limitations and basic landing tecniques is important if you even want to come down in one pcs! My 5 cents for increasing chances to land a real plane is to train in the virtual cockpit. Train at flows and read checklists, and you will have better chances : )

Simple answer No you will kill yourself. If someone was there to help you then Yes you can make it! These planes are hard enough as it is for 2 pilots much less one pilot. Flight sim helps with flows and checklist thats it! There is a reason why airlines require 1500 PIC jet time before they hire you as a FO. flight sim is just a game end of story. I get a chuckle out of seeing post like this!
agreed
No dobut with PPL your chances are a lot higher.
agreed

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I think it's possible, I only have a PPL, but i have spend some time in the jumpseat of the 737NG, it doesnt look too complicated.Every landing you can walk away from is a good landing.
Not if all the passengers have stopped breathing !! Loser.gif

Hmm, I'm not sure about "gate to gate", but let's say you were in an "Airplane" (the movie) scenario. One thing is for certain, it would be interesting...and they'd all be counting on you. :D

My thoughts from real world life experience (full motion simulator, 50 hours+ at jump seat in 737 800, many hours in Ralley Tobago TB10):1) Psychologically stress factors2) Searching for buttons3) Not used to read flows and checklists in air4) Different behaviour from the PMDG 737 to the real, especially the old PMDG, which where much more basic simulated than the new one)5) Different view angles, perspective makes it hard to sense and compare to the FS simming experience6) Overhelming sensory input (like me when I spent 10 minutes, doing nothing, just watching a hells amount of lights and systems)7) Weather and real world phys. factors. The sensory input from a cockpit perspective contra FS is much more graded/reduced. Runways are more hard to see, distance could be more difficult to consider in real. Lights are more bleech in real than in flightsim : )These seven factors are the main factors which works hardest against an experiences flightsimmer if she/he needs to land a real airplane. Many of them I hadn`t thinked about before I was trying some landings in a real 737 800 full sim. It worked in the full simulator, but I am still not convinced it would worked in real due to these seven factors.

There is this guy from sweden, Thomas Salme is his name, he had a PPL, but wanted become an airline pilot but didnt have the money for the ATPL education. luckily he knew a guy who worked as an aircraft technican. He got to fly a simulator now and then and started reading lots of aircraft manuals. One day he desired to make fake certifacte with boeing 737 rating. He applied for a job at some Italian airline, he did a simulator test which he passed and then got hired and started flying a 737. Imagine the first time he flew a real 737 loaded with passengersohmy.png He continued to work as a pilot for 13 years with his fake certifacte before he was caught about a year ago. His punishment was to quit flying and pay 2000 euros.he said to the newspaper: "it started as a fun thing"

I think you will have a higher chance of survival jumping out of fl400 without parachute then surviving a landing by hand from a sim pilot

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

There is this guy from sweden, Thomas Salme is his name, he had a PPL, but wanted become an airline pilot but didnt have the money for the ATPL education. luckily he knew a guy who worked as an aircraft technican. He got to fly a simulator now and then and started reading lots of aircraft manuals. One day he desired to make fake certifacte with boeing 737 rating. He applied for a job at some Italian airline, he did a simulator test which he passed and then got hired and started flying a 737. Imagine the first time he flew a real 737 loaded with passengersohmy.png He continued to work as a pilot for 13 years with his fake certifacte before he was caught about a year ago. His punishment was to quit flying and pay 2000 euros.he said to the newspaper: "it started as a fun thing"
Atleast he started with a PPL..
I think you will have a higher chance of survival jumping out of fl400 without parachute then surviving a landing by hand from a sim pilot
Ok that is a little extreme.. LOL but at least it will be over quicker with the 40k freefall

Mike Avallone

2000 Euros? Almost worth it LOL.gif