Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyf38

Pitch attitude on approach and touchdown.

ND. At Minot afb. I don't think I could have made it in Daytona. Toooo much distracting scenery every where you look. I chose to stay close to family(mil brat). How was Ft Lauderdale? It has alot of scenery too lol.

Guest tonyf38

haha.. Yes, lot's of scenery, even in my classes. My Instrument Instructor was a perv and would purposely request short approaches to get a look at the Scenery sun bathing on hotel rooftops approaching from the East along the beach.. About 9 out of 10 pilots I've met in my lifetime are pigs... including me of course.. LOL.gif

Lol, me too. I remember a site called FBO hotties.com. Guys would upload pics of the FBO chicks on there. We would look at the site during training and plan our stops at the close by locations.

Well shut the front door!....I said there will be a change of 1 degree for each 5kts above or below vref +5. though it doesn't mention below (it is charted in the touch down attitude chart for vref -5 and -10) vref+5, it's implied that you would understand above ref5 = lower pitch and below ref5 = higher. As I said there will be a change on each side + or - 5 kts. Though I have only 6,533.6 real world hours composed of the beechjet 400, C-141B, DC-10-30, G-4, G-5 and the G-550, I guess you are implying that I don't understand basic flying and physics. I must have slept through my pro aero degree from Embry-Riddle. Very interesting that you focused on that minor detail instead of the issue at hand. Either way I guess I'm lucky to have amassed those hours and ratings with 17 years of flying without knowing physics and basic flying. Be careful because alot of the guys I've taught and evaluated over the years are out flying for airlines and cargo carriers.
im not asking your resume nor your flying experiences especially not related to the 737 NGs ...i dont know you and never asked that.this is why i love so much internet .... you re an expert that is great but this is the first time i met an online pilot that is trying to explain who is that much ... i have nothing to prove maybe not your case. and it wasnt directed to you but quoted from the FCTM ... there is no datas for you side and this is not linear ... unless you prove it to me from Boeing datas. all the best.

On my -800WL, 3 degree ILS approach:VREF +5 yields plus 2 degreesVREF yields 2.5 degrees.

I think hotfix#4 fixed it for me ... 2° of attitude on approach with 3° ILSthx pmdg for it ...

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

Yep, just did a quick flight from EGJJ to EGPH, and on approach at VREF + 5 I saw two degrees up. I could be pedantic and say the manual says 2.5, but then that would be silly. Big%20Grin.gif It was only a quick flight so I would need to check again, to be sure.

Yep, just did a quick flight from EGJJ to EGPH, and on approach at VREF + 5 I saw two degrees up. I could be pedantic and say the manual says 2.5, but then that would be silly. Big%20Grin.gif It was only a quick flight so I would need to check again, to be sure.
Yes, the approach pitch attitude seems to be fixed, but the engine n1 seems to be lower than before (at about 45-50%) when configured for the approach. Of course, this is probably due to the fact that hotfix 4 is kind of like a beta, so I'm sure this will be fixed by sp1.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero