Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

What do you know...another frozen panel

Have been suggesting the software common denominator (as i call it) theory for a while now but i'm not sure PMDG is of that opinion.
As I posted in another thread, lvld dll crashed on fsx start up after installing hotfix 2. The 767 is now in the bin. Common denominator ? Maybe. Julian Evans

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I have tried to scan these forums every few nights since downloading the 737NGX the second day it was out. On about the second flight, I had a warning box telling me I was out of memory. I have a two year old computer built by Jetline Systems. These are computers built to run flight sim programs. It runs Windows 7 64 bit and I have 6mb of ram, and I had never seen this box before or ever had a problem. Figuring I needed more RAM, I sent Greg an email asking him to send me some more. He wrote back sending me a link for http://www.ntcore/4gb_patch.php. This is a small program that asks you for the fsx.exe location and then commands the program to use a full 4gb of ram. Since I have installed this patch, I have continued to fly with my two WS monitors, ASE/ FEX & GEX and all my slides to the right without a stutter. This 737 hand flies as smooth as silk. I have never checked how many frames I am getting. I have them set at 40 and never have had a blip or a stutter since installing the patch. By-the-way, it's a free download. Mike Nicholson
Thanks for the link Mike. For those trying the link, remove the full stop at the end or you will get a dead web page. Julian Evans

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I have tried to scan these forums every few nights since downloading the 737NGX the second day it was out. On about the second flight, I had a warning box telling me I was out of memory. I have a two year old computer built by Jetline Systems. These are computers built to run flight sim programs. It runs Windows 7 64 bit and I have 6mb of ram, and I had never seen this box before or ever had a problem. Figuring I needed more RAM, I sent Greg an email asking him to send me some more. He wrote back sending me a link for http://www.ntcore/4gb_patch.php. This is a small program that asks you for the fsx.exe location and then commands the program to use a full 4gb of ram. Since I have installed this patch, I have continued to fly with my two WS monitors, ASE/ FEX & GEX and all my slides to the right without a stutter. This 737 hand flies as smooth as silk. I have never checked how many frames I am getting. I have them set at 40 and never have had a blip or a stutter since installing the patch. By-the-way, it's a free download. Mike Nicholson
You've tweaked my interest, but your link doesn't seem to direct me to any 4gb patch.php. How do i read up on this?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Did you remove the full stop at the end of the link Rick ?

Did you remove the full stop at the end of the link Rick ?
Yup couldn't get it to work as an address but googled it and found it that way. Thanks Julian.

Rick Hobbs

Just tried it, all good so far. Will do a flight from a heavy airport to another heavy airport. Let you know how it goes.

I have had problems with freezing panels among other issues. I downloaded hotfix 3 (8-16-2011) and installed today. I flew two short flights , RJSS to RLTH and RLTH to ROJK. Both flights went flawlessly and had no freezes and or crashes. Seems my problems would happen when viewing outside of plane and toggling different views rapidly, frequently I would "lose the plane" all my scenery would be there but only small sections of aircraft. I would also encounter freezing panels. Again, after hotfix the problem, for two short flights didn't surface. I am running: Vista Business 64Xeon 5460 3.16 GHZNvidia Quadro 5600 1.5 GB8 GB Ram

I re-installed completely last night from the original installer (which I think included the hotfixes) and what do you know.....I was able to fly the plane for the first time from CYOW to CYYZ without a single glitch. Had no wheater (ASE) and no traffic but with TrackIR5 working. Since it was working, I tried a few things along the way: 1. Paused the sim for 1 hour....all ok when I unpaused2. Changed views repeatedly...no crah...no freeze3. Tried different lighting...all ok4. Started EFB....it worked (ho my god! very happy about that one) Praying.gif Please keep working im Not Worthy.gif5. Tried an ILS approach...could not get that going but that's the pilots fault. I need to review that part. After all, it was the first time I actualy flew the plane and was all nervous and stuff.6. Landed the plane manually on 15R...a bit rought..again pilots fault. (the HUD is awsome!!!) So far, so good. I'll try a longer flight tonight and test it some more. This time, will add weather to the mix and if that goes well, will also add FSPassenger (with payload and fuel dissabled).Finaly staring to see the light at the end of the tunnel (touch wood). I will let you know the other results tomorow. If it all goes well after tonight with all my fav addons working with the NGX, I will be a happy camper. BTW, to PMDG, When it works, the model is a true pleasure to fly. Very smooth, graphics are absolutely awsome and the functionnality is simply mind blowing. After the kinks get worked out...Wow!!! This model will revolutionize the sim industry. That's all for today.

Another fligth with abnormalitys:Now Step by StepLeg: EDDN - LOWW 31.8.2011Pannel-Freeze: noOS: Win XP Professional SP3FSX Deluxe Addons: Active Sky X, FS Global for FSX, FSUIPC unregistred, FSInn, Xacars for MSFSFrames: stable about appr. 10 fps in VC; about 30 in 2D-Cockpit also very stableWindows Monitor-mode in fligth: Fullscreenflying appr. 80% in the VC, 20% in 2D-cockpit; approach full in the VCStart flight: with Cold and DarkEnd flight: in Cold and Dark include complete shutdown and secure the NGXFMC inputs: complete and normal till cruseingadditional FMC inputs for approach: Rwy 11 at LOWW and a complete STAR for the 11; Vref/Flaps also set in approachpage with Flaps 40. Attention: after I enter these inputs, I had closed the separate FMC-Window in the VC and then I had fly whitout more inputs or without monitoring the FMC till standing at the gate. Till the final I had fly only in a/p mode with hdg and v/s then in APPR-Mode within the ILS. Short before touchdown I had disconnected the a/p and a/t. Abnormalitys, i have notice:At first:Appr. 6-7 nm before touchdown (all includee the VOR/LOC and V/S are working correkt in the ILS-approach) suddenly some textures in my VC-cockpit go vary washed, also the ground textures outside my cockpit windows in the same second. In the VC only all at the chassis of the panels are unreadable. But all warning lamps and other digits are OK and correct and normal readable, also all at the LCD´s and so on.This is not normal and i´ve seen in the NGX for many times. Sometimes its ended with complete pannel freezes.Everything works correct (switches, knobs, systems, LCD-monitors, lamps, warninglamps etc.) till the end, but the washed texture are stabel in the VC. But, when I switch over to the Windowed mode (toggle from the full screen mode with ALT+Enter) to enter such as my acars application, all textures in the VC are OK again!!And at the second:After I had shutdown the FSX, a windows show me again a message, that the fsx.exe can´t write at adress xyz…. A write-assignmet coud not be execute. This is not normal and i´ve never seen before the NGX.Hope it helps.regards

Has anybody with serious problems tried the patch mentioned by Thunderbolt44 in post# 107? I know ZK-SUH has installed and i believe he is going to try a flight. I can't get to my FSX rig untill the weekend and i am not having serious problems, but i am still going to install and see the results.

Rick Hobbs

Rick,.Did a flight from KDFW to KTPA, went like a dream until it spat the dummy on approach to tampa. You made a very good point, ones having OOM errors should try it. Anyway, one discovery I made, I normally as a rule, set a user managed paging file, for example, for 8GB of ram, I set it to 3172. Believe it or not, the NGX does not like that. It CTD with a NGX.DLL error.. Put the page file back to windows to manage, and no CTD.So will need to test again later, 1am here, Wonder how many users have set a paging file as per NickN's tuning guide. The only reason I was running a windows managed one before today, was I forgot to do it. I don't think the Patch caused that, I am conviced setting the paging file did. Cheers

Rick,.Did a flight from KDFW to KTPA, went like a dream until it spat the dummy on approach to tampa. You made a very good point, ones having OOM errors should try it. Anyway, one discovery I made, I normally as a rule, set a user managed paging file, for example, for 8GB of ram, I set it to 3172. Believe it or not, the NGX does not like that. It CTD with a NGX.DLL error.. Put the page file back to windows to manage, and no CTD.So will need to test again later, 1am here, Wonder how many users have set a paging file as per NickN's tuning guide. The only reason I was running a windows managed one before today, was I forgot to do it. I don't think the Patch caused that, I am conviced setting the paging file did. Cheers
I too have left it to windows since day 1 and really havn't had problems. My main concern has been well, obviously having this cleared up for all of the people that are and of course knowing what not to do if i don't want problems myself in the future. Not saying i havn't because i did freeze on the very first flight on day one, but not since setting up my system. To get back to the 4GB Patch, did you notice any improvement overall?

Rick Hobbs

I don't understand why people are getting OOM's with the NGX. Compared to the MD-11 the NGX just takes up 250-300MB more of VAS and RAM here. MD-11 (2.11GB VAS - 1.72GB RAM)NGX (2.38GB VAS - 1.98GB RAM) That's after a 1'30'' flight. Obviously in a 32b OS those 2+GB of VAS usage would be a problem since the space limit for the application is just 2GB by default, but it doesn't look so "memory hungry" to me
Why not? I run Orbx scenery, with LOD 6.5, with very high scenery settings... I can almost command an OOM with that high of settings hehe. The only way to get around the OOM's for now is to drop my settings...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You could try and remove the limiter and see what happens. The 900 series was not nvidias finest, in fact the rock solid 8800GTX leaves it for dead. It is possiable the 9600 could be a bottle neck for you, and if somehow you could grab a 8800gtx form somewhere and give that a try. There are plenty for sale second hand, it would be worth sourcing one if you can. I had a 8800GTX for 6 years, retired it 4 months ago 4 a 580, it never let me down.
Hi Julian, you could well be right about my video card, although it doesn't perform too badly, even with the NGX. People are asking silly prices for used 8800GTX and there are no new ones around. Being a pensioner on a budget I've homed in on a Geforce GTX 550Ti with 1GB of memory by EVGA which I can get from Amazon for about £100 - i.e. affordable. Not cutting edge I know but the specs are much better than my 9600. For your interest the comparison is:- No. of cores - 9600GT = 64 550Ti = 192 GPU clock - 9600GT = 1500MHz 550Ti = 1800MHz Texture fill rate - 9600GT = 19.2 550Ti = 28.8 Memory bandwidth - 9600GT = 57.6 550Ti = 98.4 So, I think that card would be well worth the money. Thanks for your comments. Iain Smith

What i've found out with my NGX, is my freeze occurs either before TOD or right after. And it usually happens when im going through the FMC to make sure my fixes are correct, ETA ect.On my system the freeze doesnt seem to have anything to do with complex sceneries. I dont have much. For example, default KMIA scenery and i've have many freezes on app into MIA.I do sympathize with all those who have posted with frustration. I think the sad part about this forum is when you make a post that seems to be critical of PMDG, there seems to be a barage of resposnes shooting down the original poster. I know there are a few that do go overboard, but trust me, spending almost $70.00 and not to be able to complete a flight, i do understand where the frustration comes from.I have Put the NGX on the back burner for now and have returned to the compeition. The NGX is a great a/c but not to complete a flight kills everything else about the a/c in my opionion.I monitor the forum everyday so i guess when a real fix is out and other members have approved it ill try again. Sprangerjack