Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

What do you know...another frozen panel

I empathize with the folks who are having problems, if it were me, I wait for around 1 month to see if the problem gets fixed or someone figures out a workaround that works. If that didn't happen I'd ask for a refund if:

• My system met the minimum hardware and software specs
  • I'd tried workarounds suggested by commercial members

I too am now suffering from ctd and freeze problems. Bear in mind that the md11 has been faultless, i think this is directly attributable to the 737ngx. It is getting very annoying now, as most of the problems are on approach or during landing, and especially if the hud is installed. There is nothing worse than flying for two hours then crashing within sight of the airport. I know pmdg will do everything they can, they always do, but didnt the beta testers have these problems????????????? lloyd jones

Yet i don´t have the ac, but I will soon.One thing I always do when d/l and installing a complex addon like this ac: 1. Antivirus off and no program running when d/l2. Antivirus also off, no program running, UAC off, right click and run the installer with ADM right.3. Reboot I do this because, it think it maybe could damage the gauge or other things a little. (That´s my private thoughts, however) / Leffe cool.png

Personnaly, I'm not whilling to cut back on anything to "accomodate" this add-on. I admit, it's the best looking so far and by far the most realistic but why should I cut back on my other add-ons that also contribute to making my simming experience more realistic?? I've had the NGX for 2 weeks now and all i've been doing is troubleshoot and I have still to even takeoff in this thing. I check this forum everyday to see if they fixed it. I have a system that can handle anything I throw at it. It's a very high end system that was built specifically for FSX. All i'm saying is that I should not be doing all this troubleshooting. This is not a freeware addon. We are far from doing "just a few adjustments". The point i'm trying to make here is that the problem is NOT on our side if eveything else (other add-ons) are working perfectly. There are way too many people having these panel freeze issues including me. If in the end I'm able to fly it but cant have any traffic, any weather or EFB, the addon is not worth it and is actualy taking away from my experience and my previous investments. Anyhow, the plane is parked until PMDG comes up with a SP that fixes the issues. If this where a freeware addon, it would allready be out of my computer with a kick in the a... Sorry to PMDG if this post seems like a ######ing session but after all, I paid for a working product and as a client and i'm absoluteley in my rights to complain about it if it doesnt perform as expected. (Yes i'm very annoyed.) BTW, PMDG does not have a refund policy (from what i've heard, correct me if i'm wrong) so we are stuck with waiting or simply absorbing the $ loss if they dont fix it. For now, 70$ sleeping in the hangar. RegardsChris

I can offer a range of black screens, OOM's, g3d.dll errors, errors loading flights in descent even with hotfix 3, one frozen panel and even a smartassemby trouble shooting message?? but they dont cause too much grief if you save the flight at regular intervals e.g before take off, top of climb, a save or two en route, top of descent and finally starting approach. Not sure that they are all the NGX's fault and they dont affect enjoyment too much because of the saves. I'm sure they will get sorted.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Chris if you do not sign your name to your posts per our forum rules they're going to be deleted, consider this your warning.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

... I found the fix. All you have to do is create a new vc view in a new window and then the freeze is gone. ...
aaronrash thats very interesting would be good to see if that works for others as well
This seems to be what I was, and am, seeing here: http://forum.avsim.n...__fromsearch__1

Chris if you do not sign your name to your posts per our forum rules they're going to be deleted, consider this your warning.
Post edited to add signature. Forgot to add it the first time. Sorry about that.

I had these freezes too, and in a large frequency. I made a flight in which the panel just froze at the time the plane touched the runway. It was my only full flight so far.But I noticed something important. If I stay flying in circuit, with touch / go, toucth / go, without turning on the autopilot, without autoland, only in manual flight, I can spend hours flying without a freeze. Someone of you have got it too?
Yep this is what I've noticed from non scientific testing.... I usually get freezes after messing with the FMC, especially during routing changes....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Actually Eric, the 2GB of video memory may be part of it. Please answer my PM so we can try something here... 2GB of video memory means that at max only 2GB of virtual address space is left for the sim to run in. I know it doesn't seem logical that having a better video card could hurt here, but in this case it does. Old 32-bit DX9 apps like FSX have a hard 4GB limit on VAS even on 64-bit Windows and the mapped video memory counts against the total. I had one guy at support getting freezes with two 1GB cards in Crossfire - he removed one and the freezes stopped. This cannot be a code flaw in the NGX if I can go fly the exact same flights and not see the freeze, that isn't how programming works. If it's a logic problem or error in the code it should affect anyone who takes the same steps as the person getting the freeze. That's not what we are seeing here - I have been completely unable to reproduce any freeze that's been reported to us since release. If you don't believe me you are welcome to come fly the airplane on my system remotely through TeamViewer to see for yourself. I have absolutely no reason to lie about this - do you guys really think we'd have released knowing about this issue? Ask any beta tester - none of us or the test team saw this. My comment to that other guy by the way was in reference to the way he never even asked for help but instead came in here yelling at us instead of trying to constructively help. Please don't selectively leave out the other half of my comment if you're going to quote me.
I am waiting for SP1 before I buy. I have just built a new system W7 64bit, 2600K and a $650.00 3G 580GTX for the NGX specifically. Ryan from your comments I take it the 3G card is possibly a problem? Thanks Andrew Dixon

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

I feel for those having issues, I was getting lockups freezes but in my case it was a tweak I applied, do you still get the issues if you delete the fsx.cfg and let it rebuild. Perhaps PMDG support could teamview into some select PC and see if they can find a trend be it hardware, software etc etc. They know what to look for we did not write it so really are clueless
+1

So we've now reached a point where your hardware is over specified for the sim. This has got to be a first.

So we've now reached a point where your hardware is over specified for the sim. This has got to be a first.
LOL, this is the truth... I've got more OOM errors with FSX and Win7 x64 than any other OS or sim version. I thought to myself "yes! I finally have a PC to run FSX with ease..." Now we're learning our video cards are eating too much of the 4GB VAS.... *sigh* Crappily coded program, that's the issue...(yeah crappily isn't a word I know pfff)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Well, I see someone from pmdg finally gave a response about the panel freeze issue in the "worst addon ever thread" in which the OP complained about the freezing issue that was locked. From Ryan: "if you're just coming here to complain about an issue that a tiny percentage of people are experiencing (and on that is almost surely system specific)" Well, a believe it is more than a "tiny percentage" but sounds to me that they are under the impression that nothing is wrong with their software that is causing these panel freezes and it most surely be something with the user's computer. Just wow, I guess an I7 975 @ 3.33 GHz quad core with 2GB worth of video card power on W7 64 bit is apparently the culprit.... So one would presume that pmdg thus is not going to do anything about this issue if they are thinking its us and not them with the problem??
Hi Eric, Even if I'm not too happy myself (I experienced freezes as well and OOM) I like to defend PMDG in one aspect. They have to deal with limitations caused by the fact that FSX is a 32Bit application that can just address in total 4GByte - including the 2G of your video card. Your W7x64 machine just helps to bring all the other running stuff out of the limited memory address range. When experiencing my own problems, I had ASE and a full blown UT2 running causing FSX to eat with a little help of PMDG about 2.5GB. I assume that just a little extra peak of weather activities together with parallel reacting AI traffic might have done enough to let go FSX down the drain. My own video adapter just has 1G on-board and as it seems I should be happy as it left me about 3G of main memory. <speculative mode ON> In your case you might be afflicted with your mighty video card. <speculative mode OFF> In my case, for several flights now, I did not get any trouble even if the memory use increased slightly over 2.8GB. What I did, was reducing not only any ground traffic to a maximum of 20% but as well GA. The rest I left according to the recommendations of PMDG. However, I would be happy if PMDG could reduce a bit the system load or increasing the stability as the Queen B747 eats nearly as much as it's little sister without overstressing FSX. What I will surely do is to test the one or other mega hub during peak hours while running additionally "Radar Contact 4x". Regards,Axel

Regards,
Axel

Or just download Process Explorer, enable Virtual Size viewing and see how your VRAM changes with addons... Show stoppers for me are the NGX in Orbx Land, near SEA or PDX. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |