Sign in to follow this  
IFR7700

Button Mapping the NGX- FSX,FSUIPC,CH Manager?

I'm spending a small fortune trying to do the NGX justice. I just upgraded my joystick to a CH Eclipse Yoke (Happy Birthday to ME), and I can't believe I actually used the joystick for so long. The eclipse has a gazillion possible button combinations (240 is the real number), and I've been scrambling my brain for the last few days trying to map (get it?) a strategy for assigning the buttons to the proper operations. I've investigated the options in FSX (direct, but too restrictive), FSUIPC (Good Lord, what a monster), and the CH Manager (might be a good compromise). I would like a few opinions about this process', strategies, pitfalls, etc. Is it a good idea to combine the programs? I know the first thing you should be concerned about is double mapping a single button. I've read (heavily skimmed) the FSUIPC document, and been to the CH forums. FSX is pretty much self explanatory. Sorry to be so long-winded, but I think this is important. As always, TIA. D

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

I have an X52, and i use a mixed setup. For all commands that are the same across profiles (trim, throttle, flight controls, etc), i let FSX handle them. All other commands that are profile specific (if i fly a prop plane, i might want a button to control the cowling flaps, or if i fly a big jet, i want buttons for LNAV, VNAV, etc) I assign them to different keyboard shortcuts via Saitek's software. Everything works very well for me and I never had to bother with FSUIPC which i find too complex.

Cristi Neagu

I think your best be is just using FSUIPC to configure everything and not bother with the CH Manager. Mark.
The downside to that is that FSUIPC doesn't support the "modes" the CH has. I have the Eclipse as well, and the Throttle Quadrant. I use FSUIPC without any modes, but I wonder if I could use both. I should experiment.

The downside to that is that FSUIPC doesn't support the "modes" the CH has. I have the Eclipse as well, and the Throttle Quadrant. I use FSUIPC without any modes, but I wonder if I could use both. I should experiment.
I'm spending a small fortune trying to do the NGX justice. I just upgraded my joystick to a CH Eclipse Yoke (Happy Birthday to ME), and I can't believe I actually used the joystick for so long. The eclipse has a gazillion possible button combinations (240 is the real number), and I've been scrambling my brain for the last few days trying to map (get it?) a strategy for assigning the buttons to the proper operations. I've investigated the options in FSX (direct, but too restrictive), FSUIPC (Good Lord, what a monster), and the CH Manager (might be a good compromise). I would like a few opinions about this process', strategies, pitfalls, etc. Is it a good idea to combine the programs? I know the first thing you should be concerned about is double mapping a single button. I've read (heavily skimmed) the FSUIPC document, and been to the CH forums. FSX is pretty much self explanatory. Sorry to be so long-winded, but I think this is important. As always, TIA. D
Google LINDA for FSX. This will fill the gap for you. Andrew Vincent

Wow, thanks guys .... I've got a whole lot MORE reading to do. Will keep you updated. My first girlfriend was named Linda, but she surely wasn't non-complex. Whistle.gif

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

Google LINDA for FSX. This will fill the gap for you. Andrew Vincent
I like LINDA, I hope they update it to work with SPAD.

Another vote for LINDA, Use it with my CH yoke and Throttle quad, V easy to set up and use and works like a charm . Steve Mckenna

But to install LINDA means whiping out your current assignments. As LINDA appears not to work with default a/c that means you can only flight this payware or whichever payware you configured in LINDA and being unable to fly default or unsupported a/c without re-entering all your assignments. Or have I misunderstood something about LINDA?

Or have I misunderstood something about LINDA?
Yes, you have misunderstood something. You can use your default FSX and non-default FSUIPC assignments at the same time with LINDA (I do use!). You just should understand that if you assign something on joystick's button 1 in FSX and then another action on the same button in LINDA, then BOTH of these actions will be executed when you tap the button.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Just about everything is able to be assigned to a keypress via the built in keymapper so from there it is a simple step to program all your buttons to the respective keypresses via Fsuipc.If you value your sanity use Fsuipc and not FSX or the CH software.

Linda it is !! What a beautiful, versatile, and easy program to use. Of course the only drawback is the lack of axis mapping. No problem, just use FSX for that. The only question/problem is trying to map the reversers to work. FSUIPC made my airplane buggy (just like it stated in the NGX Introduction and use Manual). I can't for the life of me figure out how F2 in FSX can be mapped for reversers on the CH or LGX 3D Pro. Any solutions?

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules