Sign in to follow this  
bruno_pmdg

PMDG 737 NGX RADAR METEOROLOGICO + SP1

Hello, good evening everyone, I want to next update sp1''to''put upPMDG weather radar, I am not aware that simulates 100% due to the fs, but it helps about 30% if possible to place a weather radar,not only me but as 90% of Brazilians would love, in order, sorry forbroken English because my native language is Portuguese, goodflight!CAVOK!Petition PMDG + weather radar!

Hello, good evening everyone, I want to next update sp1''to''put upPMDG weather radar, I am not aware that simulates 100% due to the fs, but it helps about 30% if possible to place a weather radar,not only me but as 90% of Brazilians would love, in order, sorry forbroken English because my native language is Portuguese, goodflight! CAVOK! Petition PMDG + weather radar!
facepalm_medium.jpg

How about nope and has been discussed plenty of times... Maybe one day MS will help us have a better weather engine. Then and only then will PMDG work their magic. Have a great night and RSR is lurking about ;)

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Hi there !! The NGX will not have weather radar because of the limitations with FSX.I'm sure PMDG could have given us something that resembled a weather radar but they had the good sense not too.It would not have been realistic and would have taken from the overall realism of this truely great plane.
Thats about as believable as not modeling a 2D throttle quadrent because it's too animated. Some of us don't drink the coolaid.

Jay

obviously some compromises were made else we would have a slide show

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

"limitations with FSX" is developer speak for "we dont have enough time/money/know-how within performance limits to do it".and not to be specific to this subject but imo its getting thrown around too much.

Thats about as believable as not modeling a 2D throttle quadrent because it's too animated. Some of us don't drink the coolaid.
Something worth remembering !! "" You can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear "" That explains why PMDG did not give us a toy weather radar !!!

arent their third party weather apps that can give a weather radar guage thats good enough isnt it

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Unfortunately, a radar from PMDG, is not on the radar. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

This is a simplistic answer, but here goes. Real weather radar sees precipitation, not clouds. The pilot correlates the intensity of precip (red=heavy) and contours (the distance from no rain to heavy rain) to anticipate hazardous conditions. You do this from a distance so you can make tactical and strategic deviation decisions. Radar doesn't see clouds. if it did, and you were in the clouds, you couldn't see out and the radar would be useless, right? The value is in seeing and interpreting the intensity and contours far enought away so you can choose an appropriate route. MSFS (any version) doesn't do rain like the real world. When you're "in" precip, FS just puts a column of rain or snow around your airplane. It doesn't exist away from the aircraft. Bottom line: You can't accurately simulate radar in MSFS because there's no precip anywhere but right at your aircraft when it's supposed to be about. All the products that "simulate" weather radar are simply useless eye candy. It has nothing to do with what PMDG can or cannot do. Or does or doesn't want to do. Hope this helps.

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

They should release a tutorial on using the search function for this forum with SP1. Then again the same people won't read that either.

Richie Walsh

Well, I think that should work in PMDG weather radar, at least to seewhere there's rain, several companies such as Wilco, PSS and others already use, in order, at the discretion of the PMDG, I hopeone day we can have a weather radar that is pretty cool. Embracegood flight!CAVOK!

Well, I think that should work in PMDG weather radar, at least to seewhere there's rain, several companies such as Wilco, PSS and others already use, in order, at the discretion of the PMDG, I hopeone day we can have a weather radar that is pretty cool. Embracegood flight!CAVOK!
The only place rain ever exists in fsx is a tiny corcle around our plane. The other radars out there do not display precipitation because fsx doesn't even have that information. Drawing a square on a piece of paper and filling it in with random red blobs is exactly as accurate as any weather radar in fsx.

The only place rain ever exists in fsx is a tiny corcle around our plane. The other radars out there do not display precipitation because fsx doesn't even have that information. Drawing a square on a piece of paper and filling it in with random red blobs is exactly as accurate as any weather radar in fsx.
You mean it's That accurate ??? LMAO.gif

You mean it's That accurate ??? LMAO.gif
Well, you have to have steady hands or a ruler to make the sides of the screen straight. It also helps to use the big 180ct set of crayons for shading in shadows from the simulated sun & glareshield. Aside from that yeah, every bit as accurate.Ps: sorry if my other post seemed a bit rude to anyone. I was in a hurry when I typed it in & didn't pay much attention to how I worded it.