Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

30SEP11: More SP1 & 600/700 Schedule Changes...

Two wishes:1 - Would it be possible, the list of improvements in SP1 before its release?2 - Would it be possible, some image of the 700/600? Thanks, and good job.
Just look to your 738-739 and imagine it is shorther, and you know how it looks ;)

Perhaps because rushing it would just result in more crashes or panel freezes? (That said, the hotfix seems to have resolved this for me and many of us, yet another reason there's no need to rush the service pack.)
I understand you're point, but I still don't understand #1 why there are these issues when there was promised not be and #2 why being late is ok. Every where I have worked and studied I have been expected to put something out that works, on time. I have to fly a plane tomorrow and I can't show up late just because I will fly better...

I'm super excited about the Boeing 600/700.A small request to the PMDG team, which also did a painting of the GOL/VRG to -700WL. :D []s

Expected to put something out that works and actually putting something out that works are two very different things !! PMDG have the good sense not to rush SP1.They and us customers want it to be good.
When I say expected to, I mean I had to and did, as a customer I want it to be good the first time, not two months later...

If only we lived in a perfect world !!!!! LOL.gif
I completely understand it's not a perfect world for many reasons, and delays and things like that happen, I just think there should be some sort of reimbursement because if you have not provided a fully working product you have not provided what people have paid for. The PMDG guys are class acts and always professional, I just don't understand where the issues in testing went wrong that required such drastic changes, especially because the SP1 was supposed to add functionality not fix errors. I speak with experience because I graduated as a Software Engineer and have worked on many projects and understand the complexity (even though it wasn't enough to keep me from Flight Training which is what I'm getting paid to do now).

I understand you're point, but I still don't understand #1 why there are these issues when there was promised not be and #2 why being late is ok. Every where I have worked and studied I have been expected to put something out that works, on time. I have to fly a plane tomorrow and I can't show up late just because I will fly better...
Let's just say that you have no idea about what's involved in coding a complex product like this and having it work properly on a virtually infinite number of hardware/software combinations and leave it at that. wink.png EDIT:
I speak with experience because I graduated as a Software Engineer and have worked on many projects and understand the complexity
I doubt that you've worked on anything as complex as this, otherwise you wouldn't say what you say.

Hotfix 4 has actually caused issues with the NGX for me that I didn't have previously. I had a screen freeze and needed to restart FSX, it occurred from a cold and dark start just around the point in time I started aligning the IRSs and wanted to enter the current position. The actual freeze occurred as I clicked one of the LSKs (which I cannot remember). The update to HF4 went well, all configs display 2987 as version. I also seem to have an issue with autobrake disconnect that didn't occur with 2922. I had difficulty getting the autobrake to disconnect on rollout, even after multiple depressing of the brake pedals, I use a Saitek Pro setup, and everything worked as described in the manual for 2922... Wanted to check it specifically though, to exclude the common "user error"... Andrew

When I say expected to, I mean I had to and did, as a customer I want it to be good the first time, not two months later...
2, 3,4 Months to fix it is far better than Microsoft's 2-3 year trying to fix FSX. I really fail to see the need to rush, apart from what it is costing PMDG to spend time on unexpected problems. If PMDG are going to "FIX IT", without charging for the additional work, you really should not be complaining.

2, 3,4 Months to fix it is far better than Microsoft's 2-3 year trying to fix FSX.Why should we ever have to pay for a product to be fixed, that is a rediculous statement, but I see I have obviously shaken the wrong branches here so I will just wait paitently until it's released, but until then I'm going flying I really fail to see the need to rush, apart from what it is costing PMDG to spend time on unexpected problems. If PMDG are going to "FIX IT", without charging for the additional work, you really should not be complaining.

As long as PMDG professionally keeps us in news update loop there is absolutely no hurry.

2, 3,4 Months to fix it is far better than Microsoft's 2-3 year trying to fix FSX. I really fail to see the need to rush, apart from what it is costing PMDG to spend time on unexpected problems. If PMDG are going to "FIX IT", without charging for the additional work, you really should not be complaining.
Why would a company ever charge more for additional work to fix a product, that is an asinine statement, I see that I have obviously shaken the wrong branches here though so I will just continue waiting, until then I'll be in cockpit.

Why would a company ever charge more for additional work to fix a product, that is an asinine statement, I see that I have obviously shaken the wrong branches here though so I will just continue waiting, until then I'll be in cockpit.
Just as well you gave up Software Enginnering after school, before you hit the ecconomic realities of Industry and the real world. What do you think Microsoft have been doing with windows, for the past 15 years !!! LMAO.gifLMAO.gifLMAO.gif

Just as well you gave up Software Enginnering after school, before you hit the ecconomic realities of Industry and the real world. What do you think Microsoft have been doing with windows, for the past 15 years !!! LMAO.gifLMAO.gifLMAO.gif
There seems to be a lot of condescension in your statement, especially because I gave it up to serve my country, but Microsoft charges for new versions, but not Hotfixes, although I will say Windows 7 was probably a result of Vista being so terribly flawed. But in that comparison this is also a new version of a previous product, and is necessary because of the changes in technology. And luckily the Coast Guard decided I should give up Software Engineering too and is now paying me to fly.

Sorry this maybe be an old and already answered question, but will there or is there already a CHANGELOG to the SP1 being made?That would be nice to follow up the known-bug list! Tks!

Rafael Henrique Carelli