Sign in to follow this  
Barnes

RXP GNS 530

Does anybody know if RealityXP integration for the A36 includes the option to use a single RXP GNS 530 instead of two GNS 430's?Thanks

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

can we put in two 430's from RXP?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

can we put in two 430's from RXP?
Yes, it comes with "Reality XP integration" according to the web site.

Bert

The RealityXP Integration exe file only replaces one of the GNS 430s with a Reality XP unit, so you'll have to manually change the second one.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Kurt is right, only one 3D unit gets replaced (the upper one), the second one remains in the Carenado outfit and model. twin4302.jpg That's the best I could achieve so far, running twin RXP 430s. The popups aren't a problem of course, but the lower unit looks a bit different in the VC and also doesn't support all the "turn" knobs, while the rest works with a simple gauge line replacement and some slightly adjusted sizes there.Stating a wish for Carenedo, to include some twin RXP option too. On the RXP 530, the current 3D model will spoil that approach either way. The lower 3D knobs always remain in the model and the upper ones reflect either a Carenado 430 or the RXP one, so any 530 placement will have a strange 3D model being present, maybe also including the spacer between those two 430s.Once again, maybe Carenado can add an option for a single 530 too. I'm ok with the current twin 430 method since I mostly operate the units in the popup view, but I would appreciate a twin RXP 430 3D model of course. Here's one with the panel lights on.lightsoni.th.jpg

OK... I'm going to hold off buying this release until this gets fixed... the Baron works just finewith twin 430s, so this should be achievable.. The 3d model for the upper 430 has way too "fat" inner knobs - it should look like the one below..

Bert

Well, that does it, not going to have an option to use both 530/530 or 430/530 or whatever, Im not buying it now, sorry need to have 3D knobs working for both units!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

As Bert says, it shouldn't be a biggie for Carenado to enable a second RXP 3D model there. If they also adjust the knob size, at least the twin 430 users will be happy. But it would still be nice to also have an RXP 530 option, so place your wishes! happy.png

OK... I'm going to hold off buying this release until this gets fixed... the Baron works just finewith twin 430s, so this should be achievable.. The 3d model for the upper 430 has way too "fat" inner knobs - it should look like the one below..
+1. I was going to get it tonight but that looks like a real show stopper imo! I'm pretty confident they will fix that soon...

Yap I aint buying it until this is fixed!

Ron Hamilton

The solution (in another thread) is to use 2 X RXP 430 and stay with the default Carenado 3d model. It works quite well and looks perfect.

Bert