Sign in to follow this  
FloB

Oktober News

Some of the peoples tired of speculations about Flight are still reading here....tooooo funny..
They want to see if we are still joking around or if we are ultra-serious as they are.

I'm sure you'll see no more of that sort of thing, by now every responsible forum member must surely have booked themselves in for a surgical sense of humour bypass procedure at their local apothecary, in deference to those who have decreed that humour will not be tolerated in forums for the very serious business of speculating about playing with toy planes. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hello.Reading a lot of topics along in this forumDo you not have anything else to do in your life, like go to work or do something useful?I have been a member of Avsim since 1998, and in present time, I see a lot of people conspire a possible solution of the MS flight.Whats the point??Ms flight is released when it is ready, if it will be ready.. if it will be, who knows.MS flight is just a wish in this forum.I know that a Member of Avsim is not a must, and I can log off anythime, but I wish as a member that the moderaters at Avsim could do better than starting a topic folder call Ms.flight released when? from the beginning.I`ve had enought of this.Best regards.Lars Peter. ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_2134091', { domLikeStripId: 'like_post_2134091', app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '2134091' }, parseInt('') );

Whats the point??
The point is that this is a forum (i.e. a place for discussion), and what would be the point of a forum where nobody discusses stuff? If you have been a member of Avsim since 1998, you will doubtless recall that there was an MS questionnaire posted on Avsim asking for people's opinions on what Flight should feature some years ago, so to imagine they are not watching forum discussions on places like Avsim would be naive, and we're not going to get what we want if we don't say what that is, are we? Especially when we know they are almost certainly watching these places. Al

Alan Bradbury

Which goes back to my very first point I raised, many weeks ago... Why is MS neglecting this project so much compared to the hype and media all its other "games" are receiving. Perhaps this one is literally on its final leg, just a few developers working on it, whys it appears to be limited to Hawaii only... perhaps? If Flight was going to be such a success and MS internal financial projections were telling them it was going to be a big money maker, then why would they neglect it so much? Why would you not put a top notch PR guy or gal on this one? Even the Flight website is dinky compared to the sites of other games awaiting launch.
I think this is just the beginning. They are only just advertising publicly, to the likes of us, (which is first for any release) for website/beta management.I have no idea what the job description entails because I'm not in that line of work but I'd hazard a guess that there will be some sort of run in/probation period so that the successful candidate can become accustomed to the line of work in which they are employed.That is normally 3 months in the UK so given that, I'd add at least another 3 months until the beta starts rolling. unsure.pngYou'll need to factor in the time it will take to acquire said candidate as well.
Just look for yourselves... Flight Official Website: http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/ Age of Empire 2011: http://www.ageofempiresonline.com/ Upcoming Mech Warrior: http://www.piranha-g...echWarrior.html
Now you're comparing apples with chocolate laugh.png

Hello.Reading a lot of topics along in this forumDo you not have anything else to do in your life, like go to work or do something useful?
So right, we should all have better things to do in our lives, such as posting on a forum asking people if they have nothing better to do than post on said forum.
Some of the peoples tired of speculations about Flight are still reading here....tooooo funny..
laugh.png Exactly.

Hello.The place and a forum (i.e. a place for discussion),is to make some kind of talking and some of "facts" Lars Peter.

Here's a fact for you then: it's a fact that there is no Avsim rule which says forum discussions have to be limited to facts. Al

Alan Bradbury

YAY! No true overcast.
So you have Flight? That's the only way you could know...

Brandon Filer

Here's a fact for you then: it's a fact that there is no Avsim rule which says forum discussions have to be limited to facts. Al
True..... But, many people [in online society] should refrain from posting nonfactual information... It just causes so mush speculation around here. dry.png

So you have Flight? That's the only way you could know...
LOL LOL.gif

True..... But, many people [in online society] should refrain from posting nonfactual information... It just causes so mush speculation around here. dry.png
But that supposes one can only either post factual or non factual information, however that's not true, since one can also post opinions, suggestions, positive and negative criticisms, jokes or any number of other things worthy of inclusion in discussion that are neither fact nor fiction. Which is why it grinds my gears when people start trying to play forum police and suggest that the moderators are not doing their jobs properly if anyone indulges in a bit of levity or takes a guess at what might be forthcoming from MS. In fact the moderators are doing a great job by not jumping on such stuff, and that is something which is greatly under appreciated by many, especially wannabe moderators with nothing better to do than to whine about people using a social community forum for what it is supposed to be used for, i.e. being sociable. Al

Alan Bradbury

...since one can also post opinions, suggestions, positive and negative criticisms, jokes or any number of other things worthy of inclusion in discussion that are neither fact nor fiction.Al
I am sorry for not speaking with enough clarity. I was referring as to when people post rumors and try to cause disruption in this forum.--This issue has caused such a disturbance in our forum that we as a community are so deep in rumors and garbage that we tend to forget about what is factual and non-factual. Thanks,

I'd absolutely agree that posting stuff which someone is passing off as fact when it isn't should certainly be discouraged, though it tends to be the case that whenever that happens people will spot it and the forum ends up moderating itself to a large extent as forum members spot suspect claims and are well enough informed to call anyone on it, thus doing the preventing themselves without the need for official moderation. A lot of the time that is what makes for a lively discussion, so long as it remains good natured, and it has to be said that in the absence of any really solid info from MS themselves, the tumbleweed would be blowing through this forum without such things. As ever, what we really could do with is someone from MS to kick out some solid facts about what exactly Flight is going to be, instead of having to rely on rumours from Ten Minute Taxi and the like, but until that happens, speculatory posts in this forum are mostly its raison d'etre. Al

Alan Bradbury

so why do you ban people when the argument is related to some of your "commercial members" (see Orbx)?

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.