Sign in to follow this  
Evan Banalian

Note: This URL has expired.

Hi Everyone I'm trying to redownload NGX and install SP1 but when I login to my acount I see the order number with the download link but it's saysNote: This URL has expired. and I can't redownload it.Any ideas what I need to do.Thanks.Evan Banalian.

Evan,I had the problem also.Go to the PMDG tech site, login, submit a ticket.They fix it and give you instructions.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

If you did not pay extra for the Extended Download Service I think the link expires after a certain amount of time. You should keep a backup of your NGX installer on your system somewhere so you have it if you ever need to reinstall. Or better yet burn it to a DVD for safe keeping.If you already have one of the previous installers just uninstall everything, use the installer you have and then install SP1 on top of that. It includes everything you need.

If you did not pay extra for the Extended Download Service I think the link expires after a certain amount of time. You should keep a backup on your NGX installer on your system somewhere so you have it if you ever need to reinstall. Preferably burned to a DVD.If you already have one of the previous installers just uninstall everything, use the installer you have and then reinstall SP1 on top of that. It includes everything you need.
Well this is dumb. I can't download a product which I bought fare and square after some time :/. This happened to me as well today, good thing I had a backup. Should I save the SP1 as well, in case it's gonna disappear after some time.OP try thepiratebay. As long as you have a key it's okay (I think).

It's pretty much standard policy these days to have to pay a little extra for the extended download option. Really it is not even necessary if you just backup the software you buy. As for SP1 I doubt the link will expire because its in the Service Updates section and all the other PMDG Updates are still in there.http://www.precision...ds/updates.html

But I still don't get it. I would understand if they had to keep a separate file for every single user, but it's the same friggin' 700Mb file for everyone!!! C'mon!!! I buy games on Steam which cost 25 times cheaper and I get umlimited time to download them.

It's pretty much standard policy these days to have to pay a little extra for the extended download option. Really it is not even necessary if you just backup the software you buy. As for SP1 I doubt the link will expire because its in the Service Updates section and all the other PMDG Updates are still in there.http://www.precision...ds/updates.html
But how long should you have to wait if you have paid for the extended download before receiving a link to redownload.I decided that i did not want two different exe files (base pack + SP1) , so i decided to pay for extended download and redownload a new installer which includes SP1. I thought that once i did that, it would be automated the same way as it was when i first puschased NGX and i would receive a link via email to installer download. Not so.Edit: Yes i did send a redownload request ticket.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

dont use pirate bay you dont know if its a clean file

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

But how long should you have to wait if you have paid for the extended download before receiving a link to redownload.I decided that i did not want two different exe files (base pack + SP1) , so i decided to pay for extended download and redownload a new installer which includes SP1. I thought that once i did that, it would be automated the same way as it was when i first puschased NGX and i would receive a link via email to installer download. Not so.Edit: Yes i did send a redownload request ticket.
Ok. I got my download link. I was not complaining, just suprised that the download link is not automated the same way the original purchase dowmload is. As long as its same day, that's not bad.

Rick Hobbs

Ok. I got my download link. I was not complaining, just suprised that the download link is not automated the same way the original purchase dowmload is. As long as its same day, that's not bad.
You got your download link? Hmm, I have the extended d/l service and submitted a ticket and am still waiting. When you buy the extended d/l service, they should figure out a way for your url to become active again for the paid for 1 year. Paying for it and then having to sit around waiting for a team member to get to it is not ideal. Now if you didnt pay for the extended d/l and submitted a ticket, thats a different story, I can see waiting for that.

Eric 

You got your download link? Hmm, I have the extended d/l service and submitted a ticket and am still waiting. When you buy the extended d/l service, they should figure out a way for your url to become active again for the paid for 1 year. Paying for it and then having to sit around waiting for a team member to get to it is not ideal. Now if you didnt pay for the extended d/l and submitted a ticket, thats a different story, I can see waiting for that.
I can see them not just leaving an open URL for a year but like i said, i don,t get why you have to wait for a human response to the redownload request ticket, because i'm pretty sure its automatic with the original purchases. When i purchased NGX in August, my download link was in my email before i could close my browser after purchase.

Rick Hobbs

Why not have an open link for how ever long?Aerosoft does it as does SimMarket and even FS Store (the link NEVER expires but limits you to 100 downloads). I can download the product (and the most recent verisons as they become available as I wish, after all I paid for them) I would like to start fresh too and I would like to have the most recent version of the release installer, I should NOT have to pay extra as far as I see it.My opinion guys...