Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirk98

Ultimate Traffic 2 and EGLC

Guys, I bought and installed Ultimate Traffic 2 just today, went to uk2000's new EGLC (awesome) and found all planes on the ramp were Daedalus except mine (in BAW livery). Is there anything I can do with UT2 to make EGLC look more British?Otherwise how to disable UT2 (not removing it yet) to try and compare other traffic packages? What AI packages have better representation for Europe and UK out of the box?Much thanks,Dirk.

Otherwise how to disable UT2 (not removing it yet) to try and compare other traffic packages? What AI packages have better representation for Europe and UK out of the box?
On the UT2 control panel, uncheck "Weekly" and "Daily Traffic Density" and for Daedalus, uncheck "Generic Repaints"George

Dirk,Have a look and post at the UT2 forum http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/default.asp?C=4&title=ultimate-traffic-2-for-fsx perhaps your settings are incorrect.In Traffic Options - Have you checked the boxes that read "Display Traffic", set your percentages (50% & 30% as a start) then ensure that you press the "Update" button's to the right of the UI

You also may need to install some repaints to assign to the flights to EGLC. I'm not sure what paints came with UT2 so I can't say for sure. Still, you do realize that every aircraft is not painted? You may need to add paints to fill things up. If you turn off the generic repaints, you turn off the flights that have generic repaints assigned to them.

You also may need to install some repaints to assign to the flights to EGLC. I'm not sure what paints came with UT2 so I can't say for sure. Still, you do realize that every aircraft is not painted? You may need to add paints to fill things up. If you turn off the generic repaints, you turn off the flights that have generic repaints assigned to them.
Yes, this is the case. I see quite a few planes on the ramp all in Deadalus suit, I have no idea how to find a proper livery for each or just for a single one. I do realize that not every aircraft is painted in UT2 and guess what: there's no SINGLE painted aircraft (but Deadalus) in such a popular airport like London City. Yes, I know I can turn them off all together and get the empty ramp. But following this line of thought I can also exit, remove UT2, install another AI package, get in the game and enjoy life in full colours. Shame. Please share the news when somebody creates a livery pack for UT2, that includes EGLC and other popular airports where they have Deadalus in the current UT2 version.Thanks,Dirk.

You also may need to install some repaints to assign to the flights to EGLC. I'm not sure what paints came with UT2 so I can't say for sure.
It's all 'Fly Deadalus' dodeadalus.jpgThere's no clear tutorial on how to substitute even a single plane out of Deadalus legion. I don't understand different partial instructions I went throught on how to install AI, what is WOAI, how to install liveries, textures etc... I've got what I see and I don't want to fly with this. I would need a clear straight example for a single plane in my EGLC for UT2.09+Power pack, I think I could then move from that point on by myself.Dirk.
In Traffic Options - Have you checked the boxes that read "Display Traffic", set your percentages (50% & 30% as a start) then ensure that you press the "Update" button's to the right of the UI
Robert, and where shall I put the Traffic sliders in FSX UI? Do those that you mentioned in UT2 supersede the FSX' traffic settings? Do they cooperate with each other in some way?Thanks,Dirk.

HelloMyTrafficX 5.4 is a better choice for us europeans as UT2 lacks a lot of the charter airlines so no easyjet,ryanair ect.http://secure.simmarket.com/mytraffic-x-pro.phtmlThis will get your airports full of the european charter airlines and national carriers, and they are now all fully FSX models.

It's all 'Fly Deadalus'dodeadalus.jpgThere's no clear tutorial on how to substitute even a single plane out of Deadalus legion. I don't understand different partial instructions I went throught on how to install AI, what is WOAI, how to install liveries, textures etc... I've got what I see and I don't want to fly with this. I would need a clear straight example for a single plane in my EGLC for UT2.09+Power pack, I think I could then move from that point on by myself.Dirk.Robert, and where shall I put the Traffic sliders in FSX UI? Do those that you mentioned in UT2 supersede the FSX' traffic settings? Do they cooperate with each other in some way?Thanks,Dirk.
First question: Do you know how to install add on aircraft in to fsx? There really isn't that much to do with an airport like EGLC if you know how to install add on aircraft.Visit the UT2 licensed user forums. This question has been covered a number of times in that forum and replacing paints is very easy.

First question: Do you know how to install add on aircraft in to fsx? There really isn't that much to do with an airport like EGLC if you know how to install add on aircraft.Visit the UT2 licensed user forums. This question has been covered a number of times in that forum and replacing paints is very easy.
I've been there, as I mentioned I went through different docs and readmes and other bits on how to install this and that. But I can't connect that to what I see on the screenshot above. A clear and consistent tutorial even just for a single plane (how to replace one of Deadelus as per the above) is badly needed. Unfotunately no one has time to walk this through.Dirk.
HelloMyTrafficX 5.4 is a better choice for us europeans as UT2 lacks a lot of the charter airlines so no easyjet,ryanair ect.http://secure.simmar...fic-x-pro.phtmlThis will get your airports full of the european charter airlines and national carriers, and they are now all fully FSX models.
This sounds like a good advice in my situation. I started from MyTraffic in fs2004. How is it performance wise these days?Thanks,Dirk.

MyTrafficX 5.4 is a better choice for us europeans as UT2 lacks a lot of the charter airlines so no easyjet,ryanair ect.
Easyjet and Ryanair are low cost carriers, not charter.....and they are both in my version of UT2. Nevertheless, I agree with Dirk that it would be nice to see a full schedule of all those UK airlines that are not included in UT2 as standard, together with clear instructions on where to get the plane models and textures :(

pceeglc.jpgIt takes some work but you can certainly fill in all the holes of UTII. I'd recommend a program like Super Traffic Board to help ID missing airlines (not required but its a huge help). I'd say you're best off starting with major carriers like British Airways and Air France as they are nowhere near complete out of the box. Those two alone will fill up EGLC.If you really want to get deep you can also replace some of the horrible models included with UTII such as their Avros and ATRs but this means using FS9 AI models.If you want shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to give more detailed instructions and share any models/paints you may be looking for.

It takes some work but you can certainly fill in all the holes of UTII. I'd recommend a program like Super Traffic Board to help ID missing airlines (not required but its a huge help). I'd say you're best off starting with major carriers like British Airways and Air France as they are nowhere near complete out of the box. Those two alone will fill up EGLC.If you really want to get deep you can also replace some of the horrible models included with UTII such as their Avros and ATRs but this means using FS9 AI models.If you want shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to give more detailed instructions and share any models/paints you may be looking for.
Sam, I'm not afraid of work on it as I really want to fill in the holes in EGLC for the beginning. AVROS, ATRs and even EMB170/190 by UT2 are horrible indeed. I'm sending you my email. At least I won't bother you with basic questions like how to copy/replace, where's fsx.cfg etc., so no worries here, thank you very much.Dirk.

The E170/190s are actually good models, they are AI Aardvark models updated for FSX. But the AVROs and ATRs are total garbage. And finding paints for the UTII versions is basically impossible.I would recommend to start the Avro 100-300 models by Fernando Martinez (FMAI) which should be available in the avsim libraryfor the ATRs grab the models by Oskari Syynimaa (OSP)

The E170/190s are actually good models, they are AI Aardvark models updated for FSX. But the AVROs and ATRs are total garbage.
I've seen much better models of e170/190 when shortly testing some craftsman's 'unfair' package, but the liveries of E170 to some reason where a mirror of my own plane with exactly the same numbers, so it made me thinking...Dirk.

There may be better looking models but its a tradeoff, AI Aardvark are generally very high quality, with TONS of repaints available, and since the UTII versions are FSX native they are a great base to work with.I would recommend only replacing models where the quality is truly sub-par or repaints just arent available for the included UTII aircraft.

I would recommend only replacing models where the quality is truly sub-par or repaints just arent available for the included UTII aircraft.
Oh yes, sure. So, Avros and ATRs are horrible, no liveries but Deadalus. Correction, I saw only one custom livery on Air France ATR, I think, and I'm talking about London City.Dirk.

I'd be happy to explain how to install new aircraft in to UT2 but I really need to know where to start. Back to my original question - Do you know how to install add on aircraft in to FSX? Can you download an aircraft from AVSIM and manually install it in to FSX? Can you manually install a repaint in to FSX? If so, you already have 90% of the information you need. Installing AI aircraft is basically the same as installing user aircraft. Getting them in to UT2 can be confusing at first but the process is actually very simple once you get the hang of it.

Easyjet and Ryanair are low cost carriers, not charter.....and they are both in my version of UT2. Nevertheless, I agree with Dirk that it would be nice to see a full schedule of all those UK airlines that are not included in UT2 as standard, together with clear instructions on where to get the plane models and textures smile.png
Hello ChristopherWhen you update UT2 to the latest schedule (that was one of the reasons to buy it, real world schedules) you will lose RyanAir Easyjet and as you say the rest of the low cost carriers along with a lot of cargo operatorsAt that point UT2 is useless to us Europeans unless we add our own Schedules, but if we wanted to mess around with that what was the point of buying the thing.MyTrafficX has all of these european companies and also has the option of integrating UT2 schedules.Just an all round better package with far larger coverage and superbe support from the author.So if you want your UK airports to reflect what is really there either learn to add your own traffic to UT2, or buy MyTrafficX from a european developer who has spent many years perfecting his product.And in the latest version all of the aircraft are true FSX models not FS9 stuff that will drag your frames down.Just read through this feature list to V5.4 to see the work that has gone into thishttp://secure.simmarket.com/mytraffic-x-pro.phtml

Mad Dog, thanks for making it all clear, I'm bought out. I'll go get me MyTraffic X and start digging it. Thanks for your helpful posts, guys.Dirk.

Mad dog, you've saved me a ton of grey mass since I started to wonder (and 'dig') for the reasons of no UT2 traffic at EGLC. Thanks a lot!Lets see if reverting back to older schedules helps on UT2. I'd rather have some traffic instead of none.Funny thing, it took me some time to decide about whether to buy the updated schedules and now I revert back. Rolling%20Eyes.gif

Funny thing, it took me some time to decide about whether to buy the updated schedules and now I revert back. Rolling%20Eyes.gif
I think last winter's schedules were the best. When I updated to the Summer 2011 schedules i lost the daily Emirates A380 out of EGCC. So I thought I'd get the new ones, Autumn/Winter 2011. When I saw the filesize was about half of that of the others, I didn't bother. I am now back to the Winter 2010 schedules and much happier.Oh, and MyTrafficX as well -- just got the 5.4 update and will install that tomorrow.RegardsPete

I think I've read that before, but am I assuming correctly that you are running both traffic addons, UT2 and MTX together?What I've liked about UT2 is that is does not depend on bgl files. That's actually what's holding me back from going MTX although the facts on 5.4 sound really good.Thanks for the tip on the best schedule. You are right, the filesize differs quite a bit.Still funny that being not current in that aspect may be the better solution for some of us, including me.

I'd be happy to explain how to install new aircraft in to UT2 but I really need to know where to start. Back to my original question - Do you know how to install add on aircraft in to FSX? Can you download an aircraft from AVSIM and manually install it in to FSX? Can you manually install a repaint in to FSX? If so, you already have 90% of the information you need. Installing AI aircraft is basically the same as installing user aircraft. Getting them in to UT2 can be confusing at first but the process is actually very simple once you get the hang of it.
I know how to install add on aircraft, I can download from AVSIM and follow readme files. I did install repaints in my manned (vs AI) aircrafts in FSX. So it's already 90% of the information? Then I have horrible ATR and Avros in EGLC, all models are Deadalus (except I think for ATR by Air France). Anyway I'd like to have a simplified mix of the following in proper liveries:------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Wiki: Mid-range airliners seen at London City include the ATR 42 (both −300 and −500 variants), ATR72, Airbus A318, DHC Dash 8, BAe 146, Dornier 328, Embraer ERJ 135, Embraer 170,[12] Embraer 190 and Fokker 50. On 30 January 2009, trials were completed successfully with the ATR72-500, leading to its approval for use at the airport.[13] The Embraer 190SR underwent trials from 28 March 2009, and thereafter gained approval.[13] The Fokker F70, BAe Jetstream 41, Saab 340 and Saab 2000 also have approval for scheduled operations at the airport. Corporate aircraft such as the Beechcraft Super King Air, Cessna CitationJet series, Hawker 400, Hawker 800, Piaggio Avanti and variants of the Dassault Falcon business jets are increasingly common. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Let's say I'd like to dress Citifyers in BA liveries and add Luxair's E145 to the traffic? What should I do next?Thanks, Dirk.

I think last winter's schedules were the best. When I updated to the Summer 2011 schedules i lost the daily Emirates A380 out of EGCC. So I thought I'd get the new ones, Autumn/Winter 2011. When I saw the filesize was about half of that of the others, I didn't bother. I am now back to the Winter 2010 schedules and much happier.Oh, and MyTrafficX as well -- just got the 5.4 update and will install that tomorrow.RegardsPete
Pete, please share how you will blend it with UT2, particularly I'll be interested in the Traffic sliders, as I intend to buy MyTrafficX 5.4 too. Interesting, what traffic combination you'll settle on.Thanks,Dirk.
Mad dog, you've saved me a ton of grey mass since I started to wonder (and 'dig') for the reasons of no UT2 traffic at EGLC. Thanks a lot!Lets see if reverting back to older schedules helps on UT2. I'd rather have some traffic instead of none.Funny thing, it took me some time to decide about whether to buy the updated schedules and now I revert back. Rolling%20Eyes.gif
I found this post by wildtomcat:
very often users complain about after installing a new schedule such as Fall2011some airlines are missing they had before such as Ryan Air, Blue Air (from Su2009 = the original) orJetblue Airways, Homer Air (from Su2011)They are in the UT2Weekly_Official.old file after installing a new one.If you like to see themyou could rename the file to e.g. UT2Weekly_Su10.dbThis way you use both databases parallel.Of course only select those airlines active that are missing - otherwise you would nearly double your ai traffic!No need deactiviating all airlines (hundreds!) manually firstit can be done with a SQL manager program.E.g. if using Firefox browser there´s a Sqlite-Manager addon HEREAfter opening the old DB execute a query like:update Operatorsset Active='False'and airlines are deactivated in a second. Activate missing airlines within UT2 - Traffic options - Database Management
See if it helps your objective.Dirk.

Guys, is there a way to avoid installation or better move Ultimate Traffic 2 (>4Gb size) folder from disk C:? Thanks,Dirk.