Sign in to follow this  
fsxkitty

Evidence that Flight will NOT be Hawaii-only!

Well X plane 10, as far as I'm aware, hasn't shown any screenshots from England.I take it this means that XP10 doesn't feature England? I imagine it will be released as a payware add-on.Your comparison with Shakespeare quotes is utterly ridiculous.
And you call my Shakespeare references ridiculous...Go look at any of the half dozen XP current blogs and you'll see pics from all other the world, Europe, LA etc... also all kinds of planes from C-172 to the Space Shuttle...Also Austin as well as Tom Kyler comment ll the time on XPlanes 10's official blog...http://www.x-plane.com/blog/

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Guest HowardHughes
And you call my Shakespeare references ridiculous...Go look at any of the half dozen XP current blogs and you'll see pics from all other the world, Europe, LA etc... also all kinds of planes from C-172 to the Space Shuttle...Also Austin as well as Tom Kyler comment ll the time on XPlanes 10's official blog...http://www.x-plane.c...ase-date-mania/
How is my post ridiculous?You are stating that the rest of the world will not be initially included with MS Flight because there are no screenshots of it.I am stating that England will not be initially included with XP10 because there are no screenshots of it.I find it amusing that you call my statenebt ridiculous when you are doing exactly the same thing....I'm just pointing out how catastrophically stupid that assumption is.

I have to say in my 30 years of flight simming I get the feeling that between the release of flight/Xplane 10 we may be in for a newer high than past releases or a newer low....(and I am not speaking of the new sims)...

How is my post ridiculous?You are stating that the rest of the world will not be initially included with MS Flight because there are no screenshots of it.I am stating that England will not be initially included with XP10 because there are no screenshots of it.I find it amusing that you call my statenebt ridiculous when you are doing exactly the same thing....I'm just pointing out how catastrophically stupid that assumption is.
You really are missing the whole point here aren't you? rolleyes.gif

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

And you call my Shakespeare references ridiculous...Go look at any of the half dozen XP current blogs and you'll see pics from all other the world, Europe, LA etc... also all kinds of planes from C-172 to the Space Shuttle...Also Austin as well as Tom Kyler comment ll the time on XPlanes 10's official blog...http://www.x-plane.com/blog/
Could you post these pictures of Europe and LA from XP10? I'm curious to see them.

If the rest of the MS Flight world is modelled like FSX, then effectively it WILL be Hawaii only, since flying over rubbish default scenery isn't my idea of fun. That's why we need to know what the rest of the world looks like, Microsoft!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Evidence that nasa landed on the moon 6 times !!They said they did !LMAO.gif
and moon rocks Hypnotized.gif

Yes but notice it also says WITHOUT guidance... I take this to mean there will be no GPS or navigation ohmy.png
I'm pretty sure that they are doing the whole world, but you can only fly in Hawaii and that's why they showed us the planes!You don't need big iron for that part,do you? And for the rest of the world they showed us the highways in the new screenshots!Means that you can drive anywhere around the globe! And maybe the exciting news to come will be they joined with Opel and present a first car. So start practicing shifting gears now LMAO.gif

I wouldn't expect MS EVER to treat you with pics outside of Hawaii with the way you treat them.....--Give me a break dry.png

Microsoft Flight may very well contain the whole world, but Microsoft wouldn't dare post a screenshot of anywhere other than Hawaii because it would look truly awful. I have recently been working on Vancouver Island for default FSX and that area in default is a total disgrace.I can tell you one thing for sure, if Flight only requires 10 GB of hard drive space then it is very obvious that they are not using the CDED and NHN data for Canada! You can compress data all you want but if you want meaningful elevation data then you are in for very large files; unless Microsoft knows something the rest of the world's programmers don't.

In my layman's terms, anything less than a previous version is walking backwards and essentially cheating the established, dedicated user base that made the MS Flight Simulator what it is, I don't care what the buisness model is.You can increase the unit price, enhance some areas more than others - hopefully to make them better than the prior version, increase the minimum hardware requirements, offer more features, tools, SDK's, etc. BUT YOU CAN'T OFFER LESS or remove what was offered as base in prior versions!"New and improved" must mean NEW or IMPROVED or BOTH.Time for my medicine now.

Hi guys,for the record, the 100 or so FSX default mesh files weigh in at less than 1.3GB in total, including CDED-based terrain mesh for Canada, and those terrain mesh files were quite decent for most parts of the world.Cheers, Holger

YOU CAN'T OFFER LESS or remove what was offered as base in prior versions!
Unless what you remove is unnecessary and/or detracts from the product. They could remove a lot of junk that was floating around in FSX and still come out with something which is offering more to the end user in a smaller package. Bigger is not always better.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.