Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

FS2Crew Voice control addon

FGS2Crew for NGX  

272 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be getting FS2Crew voice control for the NGX?

• I want total immersion so my answer is yes
    • No but, I might buy the button control version
    • Not interested thank you

In case any of you are wondering what the status is with FS2Crew for the NGX...The program is basically done, but we're just waiting on the SDK. Everything works, but without the SDK, the FO essentially has his hands tied behind his back. He can't flip switches.FS2Crew for the NGX be 'button' and 'voice' control capable. So if you prefer 'Button' control over Voice control you won't be left out, and vice versa.But please don't bug PMDG for the SDK... we've been waiting patiently for 18 months for the NGX, waiting a bit longer wont kill anyone.
Bryan, your the MAN!! What a beautiful interface. Between FS2Crew Voice Command and the new McPhat Liveries, the NGX will be way more than any could ever hope for!Also Bryan, I like the 737NG Audio training a lot! Buttons and switches are very easy to find because the narrater goes down the lessons in the order of the flows. Anyone who can't understand that may not have got a full order of French friesChicken.gif . Thank you for the training tool. I love it!

Bryan, your the MAN!! What a beautiful interface. Between FS2Crew Voice Command and the new McPhat Liveries, the NGX will be way more than any could ever hope for!Also Bryan, I like the 737NG Audio training a lot! Buttons and switches are very easy to find because the narrater goes down the lessons in the order of the flows. Anyone who can't understand that may not have got a full order of French friesChicken.gif . Thank you for the training tool. I love it!
Robert,Glad you're happy with the 737 Audio Training. You'll never make everyone happy in this business of course, but I'll be doing more of them (including mobile versions) since the initial feedback has been generally positive.It's indeed a very different take on CBTs. I don't think anyone has done a CBT like this before.cbt_box_large.png

Is there a short video demonstration or something similar on this 737 cbt? I would like to see it in action before buying.Thanks

I'm showing my age when I have no clue as to what people are saying when they use multiple acronyms in one sentence! LOL.gifPFE?
PFE=Pro flight emulator. (sorry about that)http://www.ocs-support.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=319e0485e28c1c31c0ddeb91e607cedd

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi Adam,There's no video; it's not the kind of thing you'd really video.All the info you need is on the product page.Basically it's very low-cost CBT, designed to be accessible to everyone.Link:http://www.fs2crew.c...47%7DPC%29.htmlHere's how it works... assuming you're a typical PMDG NGX user...Assume you want to get more background info on, say, the PSEU light on the Aft Overhead.All you'd do is fire up the utility and select PSEU and press play, like this:Capture1.JPGThe advantage of our system is you can get the info you need in seconds -and have it read to you- versus having to dig through long manuals. (If you have two monitors, you could have it on one monitor while you use your NGX on the other.)The presenter, who is a real-world 737 pilot with over 2500 hours on type, will describe the PSEU light in detail along with any associated sub-systems. Depending on the button/switch, he may also describe any associated and relevant MEL, QRH issues, etc.Cockpit posters are available if you want to physically see the switch on the overhead, but since you're using the NGX you could just look at the NGX itself if desired.Capture2.JPGThere are no complex videos or animations.We could do that, but then we'd have to have to quadruple the price, and, besides, we'll never beat AoA at their own game since their videos are brilliant and we could never top them.In fact, some of our users have reported that they like to use our CBT as a companion that supplements their AoA training.At the same time, some people will play the whole ground school at once, but I don't recommend doing it that way. Totally, it's over 5 hours of fairly dry, technical information. You'd have to be pretty hard-core to listen to the whole thing in one sitting.Sorry for the disorganized ramble, but that's generally what the product is all about.

Hi Bryan,You may remember me as the European captain voice for the MD-11 :)Can't wait to use your fantastic product on the NGX!Cheers mate!Guilaume

I have the Level D 767 Voice Edition.I can tell you this - doing Voice with TrackIR and Vatsim into a crowded online airpport is like nothing you can ever imagine in simming.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Great news Bryan you already come so far with FS2Crew for the NGX!One question, I do all my flying online on IVAO and in the past I had IvAp (the IVAO pilot client) and TeamSpeak installed on the same PC where I have FSX installed but now I run IvAp and TeamSpeak on a second PC and therefore I have my headset connected to this second PC and not to the PC where I have FSX installed.I prefer the voice edition on FS2Crew and I realise this might be a problem with my current setup since my headset is connected to my second PC for ATC communication. I believe I asked you about this in the past and you confirmed this will be a problem when I would of course also like to use my headset for FS2Crew communication but if memory serves I later read a comment from you there might be a solution to this problem so I could use my headset for both types of communication even though the headset can only be connected to one of my PCs.Could you please comment on this or maybe it was just a good dream I had :(?

Richard Åsberg

Bryan,I am very much looking forward to get the NGX- voice! I do have the LDS and J41 and your work brings a new dimension to the simulation.

Edmundo Azevedo

Great news Bryan you already come so far with FS2Crew for the NGX!One question, I do all my flying online on IVAO and in the past I had IvAp (the IVAO pilot client) and TeamSpeak installed on the same PC where I have FSX installed but now I run IvAp and TeamSpeak on a second PC and therefore I have my headset connected to this second PC and not to the PC where I have FSX installed.I prefer the voice edition on FS2Crew and I realise this might be a problem with my current setup since my headset is connected to my second PC for ATC communication. I believe I asked you about this in the past and you confirmed this will be a problem when I would of course also like to use my headset for FS2Crew communication but if memory serves I later read a comment from you there might be a solution to this problem so I could use my headset for both types of communication even though the headset can only be connected to one of my PCs.Could you please comment on this or maybe it was just a good dream I had wink.png?
Hi Richard,What you want is technically possible. But you'd need some kind of Y splitter/adapter so you could connect a single headset to both computers.Easiest solution would be to simply run your On-line ATC client on your flightsim computer.Cheers,

Hi Richard,What you want is technically possible. But you'd need some kind of Y splitter/adapter so you could connect a single headset to both computers.Easiest solution would be to simply run your On-line ATC client on your flightsim computer.Cheers,
Ok, problem is TeamSpeak must be on the same PC as IvAp and I don't want IvAp on the same PC as FSX since it is far more stable running on a separate PC.I have thought of a Y-cable myself, will try it out when FS2Crew is available.

Richard Åsberg

Ok, problem is TeamSpeak must be on the same PC as IvAp and I don't want IvAp on the same PC as FSX since it is far more stable running on a separate PC.I have thought of a Y-cable myself, will try it out when FS2Crew is available.
Ya I have a Y splitter setup with my fs2crew, the only thing is I use Vatsim and fsinn. So my headset is plugged into that pc with the split plugged into the mic on my fsx pc, now the good thing about fs2crew is the soft mute feature, I assign that to a button on my yoke, I assign the same button in fsinn as the PTT, So when I go to talk to atc it mutes fs2crew and allows me to talk simultaneously. It sounds pretty confusing but its pretty simple to setup, but with you using teamspeak Im not sure if any of this would be possible.

I'm sorry it wasn't your style. However, the general response though has been quite positive, and we'll be doing more CBT's in the future since enough people seem to like the idea of a very low-cost CBT that is very simple, quick and accessible.The narrator is not a computer. He's a real-world 737 Captain.For switch locations, the narrator follows the cockpit posters and starts in the top left corner of each poster (similar pattern to a flow).Cheers,
Yes, it was a little dry but I learned much meeting the objective of the purchase.

Yes, it was a little dry but I learned much meeting the objective of the purchase.
I'll grant you that it's dry.But remember it's a highly technical product; being dry is kinda part and parcel of being technical. It's primary audience is the real-world pilot who wants to get ready for a 737NG type rating, initial or recurrent.But since there is a segment of the flight sim population (a somewhat large one I might add) who really revel in highly technical details or who just want to learn a thing or two more about their beloved NGX, I decided to also market the product to flight simmers as well.Cheers,

I'll grant you that it's dry.But remember it's a highly technical product; being dry is kinda part and parcel of being technical. It's primary audience is the real-world pilot who wants to get ready for a 737NG type rating, initial or recurrent.But since there is a segment of the flight sim population (a somewhat large one I might add) who really revel in highly technical details or who just want to learn a thing or two more about their beloved NGX, I decided to also market the product to flight simmers as well.Cheers,
Don't get me wrong,. I appreciated the product.
I'm sorry it wasn't your style. However, the general response though has been quite positive, and we'll be doing more CBT's in the future since enough people seem to like the idea of a very low-cost CBT that is very simple, quick and accessible.The narrator is not a computer. He's a real-world 737 Captain.For switch locations, the narrator follows the cockpit posters and starts in the top left corner of each poster (similar pattern to a flow).Cheers,