Sign in to follow this  
Tierborn

As real as it gets

No it was`ntIt was the tagline for the 1998 edition.That was fourteen years ago.There really is no need to wait any loger .And in fact , it is not a lie now and it was not then.How many cars from different manufacturers are advertised through the years as "the best car ever"."As real as it gets" is just a matter of speaking and not a phrase protected by any copyrights.OK we cannot say its unique or original.It is a very good phrase to advertise a product which quality lies in dipicting the reality as close as possible . Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

The demo being in Seattle also seems to hurl a shot across the bow.... :-) I say shoot away!

The demo being in Seattle also seems to hurl a shot across the bow.... :-) I say shoot away!
What was the first MS flightsimulator version that included the "Seattle area" again? I have fond memories of flying from Seattle Intl to Snohomish and now with this limited demo-area it almost feels like it did back then (only the graphics look a lot better and I have less hair!) LOL.gifJanEdit: I think it was FSII for my Commodore64 in 1984... http://fshistory.simflight.com/fsh/fsii.htm

This is the same company that was smugly patting itself on the back with self-congratulatory promotions when ACES closed (something to the effect of "Don't worry that Microsoft Flight Simulator is dead, because we'll take care of you!"), so it's not exactly out of character for them to try and rub it in a little.

This is the same company that was smugly patting itself on the back with self-congratulatory promotions when ACES closed (something to the effect of "Don't worry that Microsoft Flight Simulator is dead, because we'll take care of you!"), so it's not exactly out of character for them to try and rub it in a little.
Well. While I certainly feel sorry for everyone who has lost their jobs over this - let´s not forget how Microsoft usually treats their competition. Just how many lawsuits over the last years? Compared to how many for Laminar? Did people loose their jobs over those antics? Companies gone bankrupt, maybe?I know that it is a dagger in the heart for many when Aces closed, I would have felt the same way when the sole provider of my main hobby would fold...But sure, Austin should have cried his eyes out when his main overshadowing competitor got closed down, right? At least he says what he thinks instead of that boardroom sprech we are used to from some other companies.

The individuals who lost their jobs were not a faceless corporate entity, so Austin could have shown a little more class than to gloat about it.

The individuals who lost their jobs were not a faceless corporate entity, so Austin could have shown a little more class than to gloat about it.
I doubt they were out of work for very long...

"As real as it gets"What a total cop out - seriously?So in 10 years with the advances in computer tech, we're never going to get it better then it is right now?Don't make me sick.

Kind Regards,

Sean McCormack
FPSPLAYERS.COM

Game and Voice Servers

"As real as it gets"What a total cop out - seriously?So in 10 years with the advances in computer tech, we're never going to get it better then it is right now?Don't make me sick.
Not unless you have very deep pockets. What were you expecting for 80 dollars?

I'm expecting exactly where we are at but to claim that its real as it gets is such a cop out, there will be advances in technology we can't even dream of.

Kind Regards,

Sean McCormack
FPSPLAYERS.COM

Game and Voice Servers

I'm expecting exactly where we are at but to claim that its real as it gets is such a cop out, there will be advances in technology we can't even dream of.
Just to understand you, are you saying that the phrase "as real as it gets" shouldn't be used anywhere?

You guys are missing the point with "As real as it gets" .. its just a marketing phrase ... more specifically a Microsoft marketing phrase.. thats the pointIdea.gifIts the equivalent of Progresso Soups ..... advertising that their soup is Mmm...Mmm .. Good!

You guys are missing the point with "As real as it gets" .. its just a marketing phrase ... more specifically a Microsoft marketing phrase.. thats the pointIdea.gifIts the equivalent of Progresso Soups ..... advertising that their soup is Mmm...Mmm .. Good!
Yeah, on that note, Austin is cruisin' for a bruisin'. That's a lawsuit looking to happen. Same business, same slogan, something's gonna happen. lol