Sign in to follow this  
Tierborn

As real as it gets

Yeah, on that note, Austin is cruisin' for a bruisin'. That's a lawsuit looking to happen. Same business, same slogan, something's gonna happen. lol
I don't think "as real as it gets" was patented.But dont quote me on that.It was quite widespread that his "as real as it gets" was a tongue in cheek poke towards Microsoft. He's done it before with Bill Gates in the bathroom of one of the default aircraft.

The demo being in Seattle also seems to hurl a shot across the bow.... :-) I say shoot away!
If they were looking for an attack at MS, they woulda done a HAWAII demo. :-pAlso, the "as real as it gets" slogan doesn't mean as it will EVER get, but as it is at this point in time and in the near future. Of course, as tech improves, the ability to get closer to reality is advanced and improved bit by bit.

If they were looking for an attack at MS, they woulda done a HAWAII demo. :-pAlso, the "as real as it gets" slogan doesn't mean as it will EVER get, but as it is at this point in time and in the near future. Of course, as tech improves, the ability to get closer to reality is advanced and improved bit by bit.
I think the shot across the bow is against fsx-not flight-and all the ranting that went on in the forums when simmers started the sim up at ksea and found extremely low fps...

I doubt they were out of work for very long...
Dont assume anything. Working at ACES required a very spacific skill set, and one that not in high demand. Took me over a year to find another job and I know many others like me.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Dont assume anything. Working at ACES required a very spacific skill set, and one that not in high demand. Took me over a year to find another job and I know many others like me.
Did you work for ACES?

"As real as it gets" was not trademarked by MS, so it does not belong to them. The more flight sim developers out there, the better for each and every one of us. Competition makes each sim developer try harder than the next. We all benefit, whether we support all or only one of these offerings. Bickering about small things like similar marketing slogans are futile.

"As real as it gets" was not trademarked by MS, so it does not belong to them. The more flight sim developers out there, the better for each and every one of us. Competition makes each sim developer try harder than the next. We all benefit, whether we support all or only one of these offerings.Bickering about small things like similar marketing slogans are futile.
They don't need a trademark, first use in commerce, look it up. No, bickering about marketing slogans are not futile, they're grounds for court actions.

They don't need a trademark, first use in commerce, look it up. No, bickering about marketing slogans are not futile, they're grounds for court actions.
*Yawn* I would like to excusing myself from this conversation. Some friendly advice (honest), keep an eye on that WD Caviar Green. I had one that packed up, and it cost me a fortune to recover the data. Feedback from data recovery service was that the Caviar Greens have a bad rep (power saving controller iirc), and they recommended sticking to the Caviar Black (like you have on the 320GB).

Simply type "As real as it gets" in Google and see what you find , hunderds (perhaps thousends I did not spill much time on it )of articles all having one thing in common.Yes , just the prase ,used for so many reasons in so many different situations.I like this kind of discussions , so amusing and so useless.

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

I think it's safe to claim "the most realistic simulator to date" or at least until Flight comes out and then we will see.I have been flying Microsoft flight simulator since the days of polygons for buildings green for ground blue for sky and gray for runways. Both MSFS and XP are correct this is as real as it gets. XP10 in my opinion have earned the right to the realism claim....at least for now. I am planning to purchase both eventually.

I think it's safe to claim "the most realistic simulator to date" or at least until Flight comes out and then we will see.I have been flying Microsoft flight simulator since the days of polygons for buildings green for ground blue for sky and gray for runways. Both MSFS and XP are correct this is as real as it gets. XP10 in my opinion have earned the right to the realism claim....at least for now. I am planning to purchase both eventually.
the most realistic simulator to date ... ??no real AIATC is badno aircraft push backno airport scenery .. when the plane is on the ground 100% of the time it should be at the airport.and no scenery, what?worrisome UIhorrible default aircraft .. this is a sin for the simulation that claims to have the best FM

the most realistic simulator to date ... ??no real AIATC is badno aircraft push backno airport scenery .. when the plane is on the ground 100% of the time it should be at the airport.and no scenery, what?worrisome UIhorrible default aircraft .. this is a sin for the simulation that claims to have the best FM
So in your opinion, does FSX have the best flight model for a flight simulator? And what do you base your opinion on...if any?

So in your opinion, does FSX have the best flight model for a flight simulator? And what do you base your opinion on...if any?
not arguing that point .. because i don't have any payware XP aircraft. But, from what I read.. the Blade element and the lookup tables can yield equally solid and believable results. So based on that .. i would call it a tie.

Neither sim has the "best flight model" when comparing quality... they each have their strengths and weaknesses. However, when comparing default aircraft... the default X-Plane flight models are just plain wrong. The aircraft behavior doesn't even come close to matching their real world counterparts with regards to smoothness, stability and manueverability. In this regard... FSX default aircraft is the "best".

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

not arguing that point .. because i don't have any payware XP aircraft. But, from what I read.. the Blade element and the lookup tables can yield equally solid and believable results. So based on that .. i would call it a tie.
From an unbiased, authority figure in the forums.http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__2177647
Neither sim has the "best flight model" when comparing quality... they each have their strengths and weaknesses. However, when comparing default aircraft... the default X-Plane flight models are just plain wrong. The aircraft behavior doesn't even come close to matching their real world counterparts with regards to smoothness, stability and manueverability. In this regard... FSX default aircraft is the "best".
I didn't ask about default aircraft. I asked about flight model.I won't debate the issue. I just want to see what people say and what they base their opinions on.Edit: (Quietly waiting for Larry Adamson to throw his hat into the ring) Whistle.gif