got to be honest while its great a new version is coming out I cant see myself upgrading. Textures dont do it for me as we are swamped by them and spoilt for choice, I want more accurate weather depiction/physics and inflight phenomena, FSX has reached the limit on what can be achieved in this department, it will always look the same therefore a new platform is required, I am more interested in the P3D compatibility and what can the LM guys provide you to improve the overall sim experience.If there are new features they will have to be very innovative for me to part with my cash, otherwise I will stay with ASE

These screenshots are a-b-s-l-o-u-t-e-l-y a-m-a-z-i-n-g...I have been especially shocked with the first one! faint.gifAnd good news is also the planned FS9 compatibility.By the way, Chris Willis (!) - I used your freeware sky enhancements for years. Thank you for them!Your name brings back some nice FS memories. Now I can pay you back with purchasing the product.
Hi,Thank you for these comments , yes fs sky world old time was nice :)

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

I really love ASE with REX textures. Would be happy to try our AS12 with it's own textures though. My main problem is that I need to use ASE in DWC (or something like that) mode otherwise I get stutttering every 10 mins while ASE updates the stations. I can't fly with this because these stutters occur too often during takeoff or landing. DWC mode works perfect as far as stutters are concerned, but now when I contact ATIS, I get a weather report for my current position, not the airport.If this problem is fixed with AS12 then I will be a very happy bunny.

-Iain Watson-

That problem is already fixed in ASE, tune the com radio to 122.0 (closest) or 122.02 (destination) and be amazed Shocked.gifLOL.gif Note you need to file a flight plan in the briefing page to hear the destination ATIS though.

Cheers, Andy.

... better thunderstorms?...in the new weathermachine comes back high clouds? (higher then 24000 Ft??)

this is what I've been waiting for, great news!Can't wait to buy/upgrade !

I really love ASE with REX textures. Would be happy to try our AS12 with it's own textures though. My main problem is that I need to use ASE in DWC (or something like that) mode otherwise I get stutttering every 10 mins while ASE updates the stations. I can't fly with this because these stutters occur too often during takeoff or landing. DWC mode works perfect as far as stutters are concerned, but now when I contact ATIS, I get a weather report for my current position, not the airport.If this problem is fixed with AS12 then I will be a very happy bunny.
Standard mode depiction in AS2012 has reduced stutters significantly, some test systems don't get any stutters at all. We spent much time improving performance here.But yes you can also use AS atis/flightwatch instead of FS ATIS to get accurate surface information using DWC mode.
... better thunderstorms?...in the new weathermachine comes back high clouds? (higher then 24000 Ft??)
Yes, that is correct. We've been getting tops up to FL320 over here with the improvements...

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Can we have it now please?laugh.png

Chris Howard

Standard mode depiction in AS2012 has reduced stutters significantly, some test systems don't get any stutters at all. We spent much time improving performance here.But yes you can also use AS atis/flightwatch instead of FS ATIS to get accurate surface information using DWC mode.Yes, that is correct. We've been getting tops up to FL320 over here with the improvements...
Sounds great, it's in my cart when it's released!

-Iain Watson-

It appears that AS12 will combine the features of ASE and X Graphics. I own both. As you are mulling upgrade discount scenarios, are you considering one for owners of both products?Dan Cole

Dan Cole

AS for Thunderstorms... this time we can see those towering clouds in from and deviation for wx finally makes sense.

Tom Link

Thanks for all the comments, it is really appreciated!We have placed some more screenshots in the gallery, and if you haven't yet seen it, take a look at the AS2012 teaser video. We have more stuff planned very soon!As for specific upgrade details and pricing, we are working hard to get this all finalized given many different considerations, but we are confident we will have a nice program in place that everyone in any situation (regardless of what they have purchased in the past) should appreciate. Details to be announced very soon.Thanks again!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

['Damian Clark' timestamp=1323577789' post='2186347]Thanks for all the comments, it is really appreciated!We have placed some more screenshots in the gallery, and if you haven't yet seen it, take a look at the AS2012 teaser video.
I had a look at the gallery and it's a torture sad.png please release it .