Sign in to follow this  
GoranM

What was expected...

What they did Goran is continue to give MS the benefit of the doubt that you plead with people to give xplane. Thats how I see it.
Yeah...and if they don't like it, move on. I dont tell people to like x plane. I ask them to try it and if they don't like it, no hard feelings and we'll see you around. If they want to try and explain to me how wrong it is, then I will try to correct them. I think I know more about it than they do.

I'd like to think those who were ignoring all of us trying to point out the obvious were simply wishful thinking, which is fine. I too wished and hoped many times that I was wrong in my assessment of what FLIGHT would or wouldn't be... all the pieces of the puzzle were there for anyone to put together.It just so happened that what the puzzle formed, no one liked, and many simply refused to acknowledge.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Sorry Spock,I call it how I see it!There have been PLENTY of opinion pieces written very nicely where both positives and negatives were highlighted, yet the x-plane fans (all 4 of you) quickly jump in and berate the author.Your behaviour is equally as silly as the people you now complain about in your 1st post on this thread.
In that post, you didn't call it how you see it.I've made 2 ga's for x plane. I sold 4 of them within 15 seconds of the first one being released.Austin buys big boys toys ferrari's, corvettes, Cessna Corvalis aircraft, segways, when he's in the mood and has a staff of about a dozen developers. 4 x plane users? Must be a REALLY expensive sim.Spock?Would you rather I said your opinion is stupid?EDIT: You obviously don't spend enough time in the x plane forums. Even I've criticized X Plane. But you haven't seen that, have you? How convenient.

What opinion?I simply stated that your reaction to people who are even slightly critical of X-Plane is no better than the people who you are complaining about here on the Flight forum.Its not an opinion, its an observation.I would rather you said nothing at all and moved back to the X-Plane forum instead of wasting peoples time here by baiting them.

Edited by Glenn Harrall

In that post, you didn't call it how you see it.I've made 2 ga's for x plane. I sold 4 of them within 15 seconds of the first one being released.Austin buys big boys toys ferrari's, corvettes, Cessna Corvalis aircraft, segways, when he's in the mood and has a staff of about a dozen developers. 4 x plane users? Must be a REALLY expensive sim.Spock?Would you rather I said your opinion is stupid?EDIT: You obviously don't spend enough time in the x plane forums. Even I've criticized X Plane. But you haven't seen that, have you? How convenient.
All that money he is earning to buy all the big boys toys is part of the problem why the world is so bare, it looks like he could put a slightly bigger proprtion of xplanes profits back in to the sim, maybe drive the same ferrari on saturdays as well as sundays.

An opinion is a personal view or judgement.Something you just admitted to by saying "I simply stated that your reaction to people who are even slightly critical of X-Plane is no better than the people who you are complaining about here on the Flight forum."Sorry to disappoint you on your last request.

Lol, standard responses.Ok, Bill, what you are asking, actually happened to me. When I bought FSX. I didn't like it. I TRIED to like it and bought a few FSX add ons. No matter how much I tried...I didn't like it
Just switch the term FSX with X-Plane 8, & most of 9..............to describe my thoughts. I think FSX is great. Have from day one.Earlier versions of X-Plane weren't even worth consideration........IMO.L.Adamson

An opinion is a personal view or judgement.Something you just admitted to by saying "I simply stated that your reaction to people who are even slightly critical of X-Plane is no better than the people who you are complaining about here on the Flight forum."Sorry to disappoint you on your last request.
No, an observation is based on fact......observed from your own attitude and posts in the x-plane forum.(Observation - n act of recognizing and noting a fact or occurrence) I had actually hoped you would never venture out of there....ah well. Edited by Glenn Harrall

Sorry Spock,I call it how I see it!There have been PLENTY of opinion pieces written very nicely where both positives and negatives were highlighted, yet the x-plane fans (all 4 of you) quickly jump in and berate the author.
1...2...3.... No, I give up. Who is the fourth? Or are you counting Austin?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Once I saw the 10gb requirement I pretty much knew it was hawaii with only a few planes and laghed at anyone who thought they just saved disc space. FSXI would be atleast 20gigs.Where is HughesMDflyer4? Ever since the annoucment of what FLIGHT really is he has seemed to disappear from all flightsim forums across the internet. That guy was a huge FLIGHT homer. Time to eat crow... lots of it.

Ok, Bill, what you are asking, actually happened to me. When I bought FSX. I didn't like it. I TRIED to like it and bought a few FSX add ons. No matter how much I tried...I didn't like it...but I didn't go in the FSX forums and start whining and complaining about it.<snipped for brevity>If Austin did the same thing as Microsoft, I would look into another alternative. P3D? FSX, which in my opinion, still has a good few years left in it for those that want to continue with it.
I almost missed your answer to the simple question I asked, buried as it was amongst several hundred irrelevant words...Since you wax so loquacious about everything else under the sun, why the reticence to be more expansive in your reply to the question? I took the time to paint an extremely accurate and comprehensive "what if scenario" stipulating what would be lacking in this hypothetical future XP release. I suspect that the reaction from the XP user base would be at least as vociferous as the hue and cry both here and elsewhere!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Why wouldn't I come over here? I've been selected as a beta tester for Flight. And unlike others here who have been selected, I've chosen to be mature about it and not discuss what's in it, not to make videos and put them up on youtube. Basically not to show off or have my ego stroked.Worship Austin? Glossing over X Planes flaws? And you wonder why X Plane users are defensive. These Flight forums are like a minefield. Nothing like the X Plane forums. God help anyone who actually has anything NICE to say about Flight.
Goran - Let's go ahead and put some cards on the table here sport. I wonder if you missed the direction NOT to disclose that you are a beta tester, but you berate others for also transgressing on the NDA so you're OBVIOUSLY not as mature as YOU think YOU are. You're no better than they. You consistently position yourself as self-important and it is probably the worse case of narcissism I've ever seen. Everyone has pointed out to you that you are a hypocrite because you point out everyone else's flaws with one side of your mouth while doing the exact same thing with the other. You only respect someone else's opinion when it agrees with yours. You are mistakenly self important. You insult, belittle and berate and I suspect that you do so because you have the cover of the Internet to lend to your courage. I think you should go back, read your posts and maybe YOU will see you as many other people see you...and if you stop talking for a few minutes and listen instead, you may discover that you are not even HALF as important as YOU think you are.That is all. Edited by Mike T

Better get some humor in here b4 people start jumpin..What would we say to chap who dreamed up the marketing idea?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPr-xsQvhgw&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Goran - Let's go ahead and put some cards on the table here sport. I wonder if you missed the direction NOT to disclose that you are a beta tester, but you berate others for also transgressing on the NDA so you're OBVIOUSLY not as mature as YOU think YOU are. You're no better than they. You consistently position yourself as self-important and it is probably the worse case of narcissism I've ever seen..
That was an excellent summation, Mike. I suspect the term that would best apply is that he's trying too hard to appear like an éminence grise...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator