Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Oh my GAWD!......some Beta testers are jumping ship....

On their Facebook page, one chap wrote it was so bad...not only would he 'yell' out to the rest of the world, but that it amounts to a RIPOFF of Nintendo and Pilot Wings! He then states that with disgust, he un-installed it!!!!One chap wrote in that it is so bad (beta tester) that the biggest laugh, would be that it was covered by an NDA in the first place. What a terribly sad day for a franchise that was so amazing, so magnificent in bringing to the masses what it would be like (in simulation), to fly as in the real world, real procedures, well...'as real as it can get' short of stepping inside a real aircraft.I am so disgusted with the spitting in our face that MICROSOFT has executed with this Flight arcade game abomination ..the Donkey Kong of flying, that I would consider a total life ban of any further products from this now insanely run software company.Microsoft,.....you have utterly disenfranchised me.signed,A flight simmer that has purchased EVERY one of your flight sim renditions since day one. That's now over. That....is now OVER!Mitch

Guest HowardHughes

There's nothing wrong with Microsoft. They're a company with a huge amount of products and softwares.This is the fault of a small portion of the company.

This is the fault of a small portion of the company.
The portion that makes all the critical decisions. Lately all their efforts have been spent in trying to catch companies like Apple and Google. In the good old days Microsoft just bought out the competition.

There's nothing wrong with Microsoft. They're a company with a huge amount of products and softwares.This is the fault of a small portion of the company.
------------------------------------------------Their VP's approved and signed off for the release. I hold the executive management of this once fabulous franchise totally responsible. They, and their Senior Vice-Presidents as well. There is no excuse for the emasculation of a long-running product. No excuse. I am furious. Edited by Sesquashtoo

------------------------------------------------Their VP's approved and signed off for the release. I hold the executive management of this once fabulous franchise totally responsible. They, and their Senior Vice-Presidents as well. There is no excuse for the emasculation of a long-running product. No excuse. I am furious.
the marketplace will correct this. Nobody will be interested in the DLC and flight will go away..Had they done this marketplace with real third party developers then maybe it would have been great for the flight sim genre, and profitable for MS and the TPD. Bringing in new people who would then see the wonders of the top add-on's.. but this plan they have now is doomed to fail. Edited by mikea76

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Hey hey... no need for such strong words... Donkey Kong was a great game. :( Seriously, it was one of the best platformers to ever grace the SNES.

So far no Microsoft product has worked without problems. FSX crashes, Flight is a failure, Windows is not exactly top rated OS and my livechat headset made by Microsoft has problems with its wire. Thankfully it has 2 years guarantee so when this current one breaks I can get another one for free.

I disagree. I absolutely love Windows 7 64-bit and Office 2010. That comes from someone who has worked around Macs and Linux systems for 20 years. I didn't like Windows or Office until this version. That doesn't mean I pro-Microsoft, as I am absolutely disgusted with how Flight works and looks, but Microsoft has done some things right. However, they chase the $ way too much to ever make them successful at this game again. The old saying "spend money to make money" would have paid dividends with Flight, had they paid good money to get experienced FSX developers on the payroll and invited the community to vote on what they wanted it to be.

Flight will be a big fail and I think the end of the microsoft flightsim franchise.Oh my god the response on their facebook page :( I couldnt find a positive comment LOLThe developers will be really sad reading all this.

Edited by Kimo

Kimo

The old saying "spend money to make money" would have paid dividends with Flight, had they paid good money to get experienced FSX developers on the payroll and invited the community to vote on what they wanted it to be.
Sadly I'm not sure that's right. Meeting the demands of the "community" is what MS attempted to achieve historically and is (I suspect) what made FS seem uneconomic for the future, because the "community" is simply too small. The big bucks are not with the "community": they're with the game-playing general public. Whether MS can significantly penetrate that (much larger) market with a "flight" game remains to be seen.Tim

RIPOFF of Nintendo and Pilot Wings!
I'm afraid that was my first thought :( After playing for a couple hours I went back to FSX and had a great time!!!! :( Edited by Ranger Dan

Found a video of Flight on You Tube. Looks real.Very dumbed down game. Thanks for nuffin' Microsoft.
He's uploaded three videos of the beta... anyone else think it actually looks worse than FSX??? Besides shadows the lighting looks the same, clouds look like cotton balls, the textures are incredibly blurry and when he switched to overhead view even the landclass still looks blocky as ever.

Flight Preview....

Clearly you have broken your NDA posting this real Flight video.Thanks for sharing mate. Edited by Mark II

Howard SirYou are far to sensible ,and probably right ,however you cant beat a dammed good rant ,and it does rather look as though this is all that may (MAY?? still not sure myself about FLIGHT and what it is about) be left for us simmers ...for the foreseable future anyway.So its all together now..Boo HissBoo HISSDown with HORRID MsoftFor I fear you taketh the p###(Possibly)aNDY

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.