Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

"Flight" The Best add on ever released for FSX!

I think that after a few minutes zoommmming around Hawaill with our mouse B) we will all begin to realize just how great FSX is. You may not like MS or their new game but we do have to give credit to their marketing department. They could have signed off on spending Millions on developement for FS11 but some really smart guy said...Wait!! Lets just spend a couple hundred thousand on a game this is so bad these idiots will realize how good FSX really is and not only will they finally shut up but we can find enough dumb kids to buy a few useless addons and Bingo!! we get our money back. Now friends we can disagree about a lot of things but let's do give a thumbs up to marketing. What a great piece of work. :( :( :(

Edited by shivers9

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Now friends we can disagree about a lot of things but let's do give a thumbs up to marketing. What a great piece of work.
I read my kids the story of Rumplestiltskin last night. It's the one where the damsel spins straw into gold. I'm not sure if we'll get straw or gold out of Redmond this time (hoping for the latter), but Joshua Howard is a master of spin. I mean every quote of his I've read is pure marketing gold. He's always on message and the message is that Flight is the best thing since sliced bread.Just for discussion:"Marketing is what you do when your product is no good." -- Edwin Land

I think that after a few minutes zoommmming around Hawaill with our mouse B) we will all begin to realize just how great FSX is. You may not like MS or their new game but we do have to give credit to their marketing department. They could have signed off on spending Millions on developement for FS11 but some really smart guy said...Wait!! Lets just spend a couple hundred thousand on a game this is so bad these idiots will realize how good FSX really is and not only will they finally shut up but we can find enough dumb kids to buy a few useless addons and Bingo!! we get our money back. Now friends we can disagree about a lot of things but let's do give a thumbs up to marketing. What a great piece of work. :( :( :(
Great post and very true... :Applause:This whole thing really shows there's some out here who will fall for, buy, and defend anything...All this aside I hope Microsoft cuts the crap and delivers a full product one day. You have people around here now acting like technology just vaporized into thin air and the best that can be done at this point is a game like Flight. It's amazing how more was done with less hardware years ago and now those achievements are too much to ask. Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Time to switch to Xplane 10, at least I'll get the whole world and realistic ATC. I kinda like openGL better anyway. Judging by the demo it already runs better on my system than FSX ever did. I'll wait for the price to come down and the program to get patched up a little bit first, however.

Edited by Stoli151

I was thinking you figured out how to put Flight content into FSX. I wouldnt be suprised if it happens. :( Can't wait to fly that stearman!

Edited by UtahJazzfan8

Time to switch to Xplane 10, at least I'll get the whole world and realistic ATC. I kinda like openGL better anyway. Judging by the demo it already runs better on my system than FSX ever did. I'll wait for the price to come down and the program to get patched up a little bit first, however.
Let us know how it goes. XP10 really need some patches at this point.

Let us know how it goes. XP10 really need some patches at this point.
it needs some patches and a few rolls of tape.

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Guest jahman
I hope Microsoft cuts the crap and delivers a full product one day. You have people around here now acting like technology just vaporized into thin air and the best that can be done at this point is a game like Flight. It's amazing how more was done with less hardware years ago and now those achievements are too much to ask.
+1.In the latest video (7, Aircraft) they're all going around saying how beautiful the Emperor's clothes are.Cheers,- jahman.

Maybe Flight's just testing the water for an FS11?Meh, probably not.....

Guest jahman
Maybe Flight's just testing the water for an FS11?
Coud just be a compiler switch away...Cheers,- jahman.

Yeah I ordered it too though FSX will probably stay as my main simulator for long time.

I'm generally annoyed by spoof threads, but this one gave me a chuckle. :(

Chris Hicks

Yeah I ordered it too though FSX will probably stay as my main simulator for long time.
For me FSX will definitely stay as main sim!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.