Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

Captain sim 737-200 Base pack has been released

It's a similar thing with Captainsim, when someone buy a beta product they're buying just that. Don't like it? Don't buy it.
Yeah. I mean, why ask questions? /sarcasmI'm not sure anyone has been unreasonable. Buying a product doesn't mean I'm forfeiting my rights as a customer to ask questions and complain from time to time. Buying a "beta" doesn't either.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

.................It's a similar thing with Captainsim, when someone buy a beta product they're buying just that. Don't like it? Don't buy it...........
Wow, I always thought of betas as someone providing free labor to a company to assist in developing their product. Now you get to pay for the priviledge of providing free labor? Interesting business concept.

Wow, I always thought of betas as someone providing free labor to a company to assist in developing their product. Now you get to pay for the priviledge of providing free labor? Interesting business concept.
And people pay good money for them, that's the joke. Airsimmer pioneered that concept with their 'extended team' project.

And people pay good money for them, that's the joke. Airsimmer pioneered that concept with their 'extended team' project.
Remember Airsimmer had been around as a company for a very short time in comparison. At least with CS, I know they've been in the market for ELEVEN years starting with their popular (in it's day) L-39.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Some of those fixes on the bug list, how could they be released like that in the first place? Well anyway it looks like they are hard at work fixing things quickly, that's good. I'm still waiting for a 727 patch to fly the freighter with winglets, to fix the no sounds in the cockpit, and to not have to use a handful of user created tweaks just to get a more realistic fde. I'll buy their 737 when they release the cargo version if all the bugs are fixed.
Yeah, indeed reason why I usually like to choose other one than Captain Sim product is the loads of bugs that some of their products seem to have still long time after release, although I am very happy with their B707 which is really nice product. On the other hand when I had their 757 and 767 I had constant problems with engines shutting down midflight after few hours of flying. I think that it was a bug with fuel system, I doubt that I did anything wrong myself because I operated more hardcore addon, Level D 767 just the same way and never had problems.But probably that problem has been fixed in later versions, and my computer has changed after that too.

I don't think of buying a beta as free labour for the company, to me, it is an advance to the company which means they can attribute a financially equitable amount of time toward development based on the knowledge that there is a certain level of interest in them investing that time, which is good in the sense that the developer does not need to guess about how much time and money is a wise investment based on the expected return. This means I am likely to get what what I pay for, and in the meantime I get to play with the product in a semi-finished state. Moreover, I can put comments in about what might be tweaked or changed, since I am invested in the outcome. It's a win-win for both the developer and the customer in a lot of ways, not least because, since unless the product really sucked big time, I'd buy it anyway, but this way, I'd have an 'out' before paying the full price if it turned out to be a poor product.All that aside, I quite like to spread the love around financially where FS developers are concerned anyway, and in the case of older stuff like the 737-200, going with pre-paid betas on such products are an indication of my support for developers who are tackling classic aircraft for FSX. I appreciate that not everyone will share my take on this, and also that there is a small element of risk in buying something before you know how it will turn out, but I'm familiar enough with CS products to have a pretty good idea of what the finished product will be like. My only real complaint with most old FSX birds from Captain Sim, is the EPR simulation, and I can live with that not being spectacularly accurate even if I would like to see it done a bit better.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

It's not the same as Airsimmer's With them, they stated up front, that those that bought the basic, would have to pay full price for the advanced version when available. Essentially you'd be paying twice for the same product plus the advanced systems. CS only charges in steps (Originally blocks) for the piece that's available now. In the end, you pay the same as if you bought it when complete. What I also like how CS updates their products, they don't simply create update patches, like most developers do, they provide full installations. I think this approach leads to less installation problems!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

If you WANT to buy the unfinished product early, then do it. If you don't WANT to, then don't.I have chosen not to, so far. If I change my mind and choose to buy it obviously it will be because I WANT to tinker around with the 732 in it's present developement stage for whatever reason.

Bud, you are taking "tongue and cheek" comments a little too seriously.

Wow, I always thought of betas as someone providing free labor to a company to assist in developing their product. Now you get to pay for the priviledge of providing free labor?
In our book it's all about involving a future customer into development process at early stages. At the end of a day the final product will be more the customer oriented. It's like building an add-on of your dream. Everyone is invited, no one forced.

Man, I might be getting weak about the CS beauty. Quick question, is the autopilot working in .5?Cheers,Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

If you WANT to buy the unfinished product early, then do it. If you don't WANT to, then don't.I have chosen not to, so far. If I change my mind and choose to buy it obviously it will be because I WANT to tinker around with the 732 in it's present developement stage for whatever reason.
so i guess you are saying that if you WANT to then you can, and if you don't WANT to then you don't have to.
In our book it's all about involving a future customer into development process at early stages. At the end of a day the final product will be more the customer oriented. It's like building an add-on of your dream. Everyone is invited, no one forced.
I am looking forward to the finished product. The 200 has been on my wish list for a long time.

Autopilot is partially working in 0.5,better than0 .4.You can at least capture localiser and glideslope.They have fixed a lot in this update since .4 and in a short time,so,if they continue at this pace she should be pretty close to completion.Actually, its kind of fun reporting what still does'nt work properly.Ron

Ron Service

Autopilot is partially working in 0.5,better than0 .4.You can at least capture localiser and glideslope.They have fixed a lot in this update since .4 and in a short time,so,if they continue at this pace she should be pretty close to completion.Actually, its kind of fun reporting what still does'nt work properly.Ron
Thanks Ron and Zach. Does it hold altitude and heading? I'm not so worried about approach modes as I like to hand fly anyways, but I do like alt/hdg capability for longer flights. Cheers, Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11