Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

Prepar3D.....Home and Academic Licence $49!

Hi,I'm going to switch my license from developer to academic. WoW, P3D just got a whole lot better.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I've got a stack of Commercial Pilot License theory books I have yet to make a start on, I think that counts.

I am using it to teach my girlfriend to fly at home.....so my belief is that I qualify for this licence.Cheers

Matthew Kane

For $50 bucks, I`m in, I have not participated in Prepar3D yet as I did not like the high cost and do not support subscription type licenses.By the way, when you `get`this program do you download it or is it accessed online.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I started a course tonight on how to save money!Someone chime in when they get it. Maybe it will ask for a student ID or somethingI wonder what kind of answer we would get if we were posting on the P3D forum?Bob

Hi,It's offered as a download in three parts.Part 1 is 3.64GBPart 2 is 3.99 GBPart 3 is 1.99GB

By the way, when you `get`this program do you download it or is it accessed online.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

You download it and then you can install it like FSX, but it does access online when you use it to ensure you have a valid subscription or license and will not run if you do not have one.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I started a course tonight on how to save money!Someone chime in when they get it. Maybe it will ask for a student ID or somethingBob
It doesn't ask for student id

Can I still use my UsePools=0?Bob

It doesn't ask for student id
Well, there you go.Bob

I hope they are not experiencing funding issues, and are looking for a few quick bucks. That might not be good for the community.Sorry guys, I sometimes lean on the negative side.Bob

I'm writing a book on my experiences with the Flight Simulator World, and need it for my 'research' (sic).... :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Doubtful. I should imagine Lockheed Martin's ability to afford to fund Prepar3d is not in question when they make multi-billion dollar aircraft, weapons systems and stuff like that. Their petty cash tin is probably bigger than P3D's budget lolAl

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Doubtful. I should imagine Lockheed Martin's ability to afford to fund Prepar3d is not in question when they make multi-billion dollar aircraft, weapons systems and stuff like that. Their petty cash tin is probably bigger than P3D's budget lolAl
I agree with that 100%, but Aces was a drop in the bucket too, compared to MS total dollars.BobHere is what I need some help with. There are bits and pieces of info concerning comparisons to FSX and P3D out there, but I was wondering if there was a good post that covers most of what to expect and what not to expect when moving to P3D? i.e. Can all fsx ac be ported? What about weather programs and tweaks?Bob