Sign in to follow this  
byork

FS2Crew NGX User Poll

FS2Crew NGX User Poll  

567 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of FS2Crew do you use?

• Button Control
    • Voice Control
    • I regularly alternate between both versions

Les deux versions sont a mon avis nécessaire; il n'y a que quelques anglo qui pensent que l'anglais est la seule langue au monde.SVP sortez un peu et vous verrez.A bon entendeur SALUTPaul

If FS2Crew went back to "Button" only I wouldn't buy it anymore, voice is just the best, period.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

After button control versions of the original PMDG 737, LDS 767, ATR72, MD11 and JS41 products, NGX is the first voice control version I've bought and so far, I haven't touched the button version so good am I finding the voice control option.Not only does it fell so much more authentic, the ability to give instructions outside the pre-programmed flows & check-lists is a huge advantage over the button versions.However, the problem of using voice whilst there are others in the vicinity could be a real one. I don't have the complication of wanting to use the mic for anything else although it seems others do.Also, I'm still working through the inevitable teething troubles with voice recognition generally. I await the service pack eagerly so I know that even more of the bugs are my fault rather than anything else but I might yet revert to button control if I can't get it right. If the voice version HADN'T been bundled with a button option, would I have ever made the leap in the dark to voice? I don't know.So, if you only offered voice, would you lose new customers and purchases of new products amongst those anxious about just how effective voice control is? And those with competing demands on their mics? In summary, I'm finding voice much better than the button control FS2Crew products I'd been keen enough on to buy not one but 5 previous offerings. I appreciate future product planning may not be why you asked the question but if you can go on offering a bundle of both systems for one price, I think you have a definite marketing advantage beyond even your existing excellent reputation. Or maybe the option to buy single systems separately with a discounted option for the bundle?

ngxu_banner.png

Button version only.Regularly when I'm flying I'm also on skype/TS, so the voice edition just isn't for me. Plus I very much like the button version!!!

Hi All,I use button control, but would like to use voice... SImply my French win7 does not allow me to do that. I tried Vistalizator a long time ago with Radar Contact without any success (and that's the reason why RC stays in my drawer for a long time now... too bad). It may be worth trying again though... Note that I'm still enjoying button version very much. Amazing work, Bryan.Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert

Hi Farbrice,Why didn't Vistalizator work?If you run it in "Compatibility" mode it should work on your Win 7/Vista SP1 OS.Here's for hoping that Windows 8, as weird as it currently is, allows non-English users to set their Speech Recognizer to English without having to own Ultimate....

I like the both options, simply for different reason.1) Voice Command - I could only do this alone, no one bothering me - this is the least scenario, due to the fact the voice command is a real pain. I say this because sometime it follow my command and yes I did do my voice training. I guess I need to get more practice.2) Button - I will go this route if I need to do this quietly or if I get frustrated with the voice command.Overall, I need both opions, I can't imagine how much work you put into it having both come out at the same time. Great product, i highly recommended to anyoneDavidDavid

I voted voice control only.All the buttons on my yoke/throttle quads are already used, plus I only fly on VATSIM so speaking to my pc while flying is already natural and adds more immersion anyway.I understand that the button version is useful for many reasons to other people, but if you started making it button only, I wouldn't buy FS2Crew ever again.

I have this setup:FSX, ASE and TrackIR are running on the server, FSCommander, RadarContact and It'sYourPlane are running on the client PC. I voice-control RC with IYP so the mic is connected to the client. It's possible to use voice controlled FS2Crew in this setup. I would have to use a splitter cable for the mic (so I can connect it to both computers) and configure a microphone switch to switch between RC and FS2Crew via FSUIPC. However, I tried it and that didn't work well, so I'm using the button controlled version of FS2Crew (and, frankly, I don't like to talk all the time).I would appreciate it if you could continue to offer a button controlled version in the future.Andreas

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

Buttom version only..in fact what a pity I couldn't have bought Lago Maddog version 'cause only voice version is available...not a question of speaking english (on the contrary it'd be a good exercise) but I don't want continuing swapping between windows 7 languages...otherwise button versions are very simple and I love semplicity: usually simple things are always working...CiaoAndrea Buono - I