Sign in to follow this  
audiohavoc

Carenado C90 released

You know, I think I'll stick with my Realair Dukey. I was perhaps hoping/expecting a hord of positive expletives hailing from the keyboards of everyone with this new baby. Alas, there are too few posts saying fantastic, best GA to date, a must have addon and so forth. Maybe a little unrealisitc of me perhaps, but having based this philosophy on previous purchases it has never failed me.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I'm not entirely happy with the sound, either...mostly because the props in cruise sound like a B-17.

I used to get the oscillation in yaw, as well...what solved it for me was a recalibration of my CH throttle quadrant and selecting the filter boxes on the prop lever settings in FSUIPC. Shot an instrument approach to just above minimums this morning with zero yaw yoyoing.

The right generator (and right engine sound) issue is already noted in another thread, as is the problem where the cabin pressurization still happens with the engine bleeds off.

I haven't played with this yet, so it may be just a local setup issue, but with the condition levers at low idle, I get 66% N1, rather than 58% as it should be.

The L and R AUTOFEATHER annunciators come on when you set the autofeather switch to ARM, rather than coming on only when N1 is above 90% and the autofeather switch is set to ARM.

The EFIS brightness control doesn't seem to work.

It's no surprise, since the FSX turboprop model doesn't have a beta range, but there's no beta range on the C90B...this is that part of the power lever travel between flight idle and reverse where the power levers control prop pitch directly without changing N1. Moving the power levers at all causes a change in N1 right away...and with turbine lag, you really have to be careful not to taxi too fast.

I don't find myself wishing the cockpit looked more "lived in" like the NGX and the JS41. Not all cockpits look like that, and I imagine that private and corporate operators of the C90B would keep their cockpits looking as pristine as possible. I do wish the fonts on the EFIS and AP displays were less "bold".

The Avidyne EX500 map display seems to hang occasionally, which makes it difficult to rely on for navigation. The work around is to cycle the display (CENTER - FORWARD - NORTH UP).

Still playing with it!

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

I personally enjoy the lived in look and already started the slow process of Photoshopping the cockpit gauges to add finger prints, and smudges. It just adds some subtle depth to the presentation of things and makes it come allve.. All a matter of taste. :)

7068107815_4e6a87a96a_b.jpg

6922026908_e31946821c_b.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I personally enjoy the lived in look and already started the slow process of Photoshopping the cockpit gauges to add finger prints, and smudges. It just adds some subtle depth to the presentation of things and makes it come allve.. All a matter of taste. :)

Um, can I say "WOW!" :)

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

7068107815_4e6a87a96a_b.jpg

6922026908_e31946821c_b.jpg

Are the guages the only object which can have modifications done?

Thanks

Bob

Nope, anything can be modified. It's no different than a repaint except more complicated and detailed and why you hardly ever see a cockpit repaint. For instance I just got done figuring out how Carenado mapped the EFIS glass. The glass is actually on two seperate textures.. The perimeter of the glass sits in one texture, and the bulk of the center is mapped to another texture.. So I actually had to edit two textures to get finger prints on 1 small area and match them both up.

It's all just a matter of how much time you want to dedicate.. I personally love repainting and texture editing.. Been doing it a long long long time now. It's just an accuired taste of what one finds fun. Just%20Kidding.gif

Top EFIS done, bottom not done. Not finished though still have to blend the two, it's a little rough right now. (I brightened this SS up to make it easier to see)

7068500241_7e42aee036_b.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Maybe you can write to Carenado when you're done, so they can offer it as an optional patch and download on their site. Great work.

Nope, anything can be modified. It's no different than a repaint except more complicated and detailed and why you hardly ever see a cockpit repaint. For instance I just got done figuring out how Carenado mapped the EFIS glass. The glass is actually on two seperate textures.. The perimeter of the glass sits in one texture, and the bulk of the center is mapped to another texture.. So I actually had to edit two textures to get finger prints on 1 small area and match them both up.

It's all just a matter of how much time you want to dedicate.. I personally love repainting and texture editing.. Been doing it a long long long time now. It's just an accuired taste of what one finds fun. Just%20Kidding.gif

Top EFIS done, bottom not done. Not finished though still have to blend the two, it's a little rough right now. (I brightened this SS up to make it easier to see)

7068500241_7e42aee036_b.jpg

Thanks a bunch.

I do laser engraving and do a lot of work with photos and art to engrave those images on polished marble, but working with what you do takes special software I am sure. I would love to learn how to do what you are doing. I could then put some wear and tear into those pristine aircraft that I own. Aside from the artwork you are doing, how are you enjoying the c90?

Regards

Bob

I'm enjoying it a lot. Admittely I'm no pilot, not an expert in aviation etc and only recent got the `bug' back after never caring for years. Plan to save and within a year start the expensive process of getting my pilots license and using this to familarize myself more with the basics of navigation rather than mastering the actual handling of the aircraft. So things others are having issues with, I'm not noticing or caring about.. Not discrediting their concerns at all, but at this point they aren't my concerns or affecting me. So I enjoy it. Well the Pitot heat not working is a biggie for me and crucial. :)

i think ill still get it. I think there will be an SP for all these little porblems. I already have the Duke I just want a King Air

lee

btw styckx those mods look great

Great work with the fingerprints. Will you add a bit of dust and grime to the edges and corners of the panel itself too?

I love the handprint on the window of the Cub repaints by Urs Burkhardt - I wish I had that in a few of my other aircraft.

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Hi,

Anyone running both the C90 and AccuFeel? If so, any conflicts with the sounds?

Bob

Hi,

Anyone running both the C90 and AccuFeel? If so, any conflicts with the sounds?

Bob

Yes... none that I notice.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Great work with the fingerprints. Will you add a bit of dust and grime to the edges and corners of the panel itself too?

I love the handprint on the window of the Cub repaints by Urs Burkhardt - I wish I had that in a few of my other aircraft.

Anything can be done really.

Hand prints:

7068856285_8ecc32a198_b.jpg

What would help is hi res pictures of the actual cockpit so I have something to base things on.. Anything can be done.. For instance I can make the cockpit look like it just came off the set of Con Air. :Nerd: But this isn't very protyotypical.. I'd need to see an example of a typical `dirty' cockpit of a C90..

6922775468_12d62b72cc_b.jpg

Anything can be done really.

Hand prints:

7068856285_8ecc32a198_b.jpg

What would help is hi res pictures of the actual cockpit so I have something to base things on.. Anything can be done.. For instance I can make the cockpit look like it just came off the set of Con Air. :Nerd: But this isn't very protyotypical.. I'd need to see an example of a typical `dirty' cockpit of a C90..

6922775468_12d62b72cc_b.jpg

Wow, that looks like smoke damage. I could almost smell it!

Bob