Sign in to follow this  
audiohavoc

Carenado C90 released

So are the engine torque effects rights?

Lee

Ok... I have to correct myself... I read off the wrong engine specs... should have been the PT6A-21 which is a derated PT6A-27. The engines should still be capable of exceeding torque redline.

Ok, you are banned :LMAO:

Bob

The first test was a simple one. Set up on the active, and push the throttles to the full limit for takeoff. It was at that point I noticed the first issue... the engines failed to redline torque. They should have easily exceeded torque redline at full throttle. The Hawker Beechcraft King Air C90 has PT6A-135A engines that are derated to 1520lbs of torque. That means that the performance limitation is a 'redline' in the torque value, and that the engines are actually capable of exceeding 1520lbs of torque.

Once airborne I put the aircraft into a climb. Climb speed at 112 kts, 9500lbs GW should see ~2000fpm rate of climb. I was unable to get it to that vertical speed but rather saw it climbing ~1200fpm.

I currently fly a C90a when I can get out of the office and the torque redline on what I fly is 1315 pounds and ITT limet is 695c. Max TO wieght is 10100 pounds with a landing wt of 9600. As to the 1200fpm if it's a warm day that's not a bad rate of climb depending on altitude and OAT.

If this creation is good enough I hope to use it to help maintain profficiency.

I currently fly a C90a when I can get out of the office and the torque redline on what I fly is 1315 pounds and ITT limet is 695c. Max TO wieght is 10100 pounds with a landing wt of 9600. As to the 1200fpm if it's a warm day that's not a bad rate of climb depending on altitude and OAT.

If this creation is good enough I hope to use it to help maintain profficiency.

Thanks good to know

Ok... I have to correct myself... I read off the wrong engine specs... should have been the PT6A-21 which is a derated PT6A-27. The engines should still be capable of exceeding torque redline.

Actually on a warm day you need to watch ITT as you'll hit that limet first especially if you are at an airport with a little altitude.

Dave

If you are talking about the red marker on the torque gauges, I see the needles go past the redline before I hit the maximum travel on my Saitek throttle quadrant.

If you are talking about the red marker on the torque gauges, I see the needles go past the redline before I hit the maximum travel on my Saitek throttle quadrant.

I can confirm this.

Fullthrottle, way past the redline.

torquel.jpg

Edit: Best Carenado aircraft so far! I'm loving it. Did not play with RealityXP yet, but if we could integrate the 430 would be a masterpiece.

Mauricio Brentano

So after a few laps with the C90.. This really has everything that was lacking in the Malibu as far as atmosphere in the cockpit. Not that the Malibu was bad at all because it wasn't.. The cockpit just had no life to it. It didn't feel like a complicated piece of machinery you were operating.. It's where the Duke really shined even though it was less complicated of a cockpit to operate.. The C90 on the other hand made up for it and then some and is absolutely joyful in the cockpit and I love it.. You really feel you are in living, breathing complicated piece of machinery. Carenado really did a great job here.. I have a lot to learn about piloting this aircraft as it's out of my league in what I typically fly and have knowledge of operating.. Just the thing looked so darn good I couldn't resist. :Nerd:

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

To clarify, you can add the RXP 430 to the panel!

The buttons work, the knob partly - but with some FSUIPC adaptation

that may also be possible...

Looking much better!

Bert

I think you've just sold me on the C90, Bert. Maybe I'll wait for the next days on an official Carenado response to the RXP wishes, but that integration of yours looks ok to me. Good work!

Who needs GPS when your advanced RNAV capable. :)

Haha, nice one too. First FMC C90 in the skies.

To clarify, you can add the RXP 430 to the panel!

The buttons work, the knob partly - but with some FSUIPC adaptation

that may also be possible...

Looking much better!

Well done... will it pop up if you click on the VC gauge?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm fairly happy with the default Avidyne avionics myself, even though I do have the RXP stuff, and do plonk it into some FS aeroplanes I have. I realise not everyone will be of the same opinion, but the navigational capability it presently has does enough to suit me, but you could have the 430's display on the VC panel and use its buttons as a pop up if you desperately wanted to, so even that's not a show stopper.

For 25 quid, I think the C90 was a bit of a bargain, it flies pretty much as you'd expect one to, the systems are close enough to please most people, it looks nice and has a VC that is full of stuff to play with, and it is about 350 grand less than a real one.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Is anyone else having yaw stability issues at approach speeds?

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200