Sign in to follow this  
audiohavoc

Carenado C90 released

It's a very nice thing, the VC is lovely, with some really nice touches, and the sound is really well done. They've got the engine spool up sounds and prop buzz down pretty well, in fact all the audio seems pretty nice. The engines appear to be pretty realistic in terms of power curve modeling, which means it does fly in the slightly scary way a King Air does, i.e. if you take the p*** with too little power on the approach, it will definitely undershoot before you can get power on to arrest the descent rate. It is a bit of a drain on FSX resources for a GA aeroplane, but not show-stoppingly so, I've got literally everything on full tilt in FSX on my i-7 and it is still flyable on those settings, and I was trying it out in the circuit around the payware Liverpool UK2000 scenery with traffic all maxed out.

External model is very nice indeed with great texturing, as you'd expect with Caranedo, but there is definitely more than mere eye candy to this one, there's plenty of substance to go with those looks. As someone who has been waiting for a decent Beech since the Aeroworx one for FS9, this is a welcome arrival, even if it isn't the bigger sister variant. Some nice military variant paint jobs with it too. GA FSX flyers are going to like this one a lot.

2012-4-10_18-46-40-9.jpg

Al

Chock. Thanks

One question if you can. How is the performance (Hit) compared to the p46t on your i7?

Bob

How does it compare to

FL1-KA2-001_box_s.jpg

Aeroworx X-treme King Air

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Thanks for the first views, guys. If some of you run the RXP gauges, please let us know how they integrate and work with the other gauges. I expect them to be able to replace that G400 unit and then drive the AP, but I don't know for sure.

Not actually owning the Malibu, I couldn't tell you, but I reckon it chops about 5fps off what most of my other fancy payware aircraft manage, which is okay by me, especially since there is a LITE version which comes with it too. And yes, it does appear to be doing turbine lag, as it should with PT6 engines, although whether it has any of the other stuff they are noted for, such as being prone to icing, remains to be seen. It is of course a different aeroplane from the B200, which was my second favourite ever aircraft for FS9, so it is difficult to say how it compares, it is prettier of course, and it seems tough to fly, which of course the B200 was.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

This is all very encouraging, thanks very much.

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

The RXP is not an easy swap incidentally, - just tried it. Out of curiosity more than anything else, I can live with the Avidyne.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The RXP is not an easy swap incidentally, - just tried it. Out of curiosity more than anything else, I can live with the Avidyne.

Al

What does this mean? You swapped it out but it did not really workout, or it works but it was really hard to do? :)

Thanks for the report Chock!

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just taken it up for a few circuits at Flightbeam's KSFO. I'd agree with everything Al has said. Looks, sounds and feels very nice. Needs some careful handling, although I'm not qualified to comment on the accuracy of the flight modelling.

For a GA aircraft it's certainly not the lightest on frames though, and Carenado clearly realises this, hence the inclusion of the LITE model, which doesn't include the interior passenger cabin views. Haven't tried that version yet for comparison purposes

Is there a working flight director on the pilot PFD? I was looking at the Carenado website screen shots and did not see it.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

If it doesn't have RXP interagtion like the other do I am not buying it, I do not know why they wouldn't make it like they did the C210, there is no way Im using that Default GPS, no matter what it says Avydyne or Gamrin or whatever, its still the same garbage default FSX GPS at the core.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Just taken it up for a few circuits at Flightbeam's KSFO. I'd agree with everything Al has said. Looks, sounds and feels very nice. Needs some careful handling, although I'm not qualified to comment on the accuracy of the flight modelling.

For a GA aircraft it's certainly not the lightest on frames though, and Carenado clearly realises this, hence the inclusion of the LITE model, which doesn't include the interior passenger cabin views. Haven't tried that version yet for comparison purposes

Neil, I am sure many are concerned about the performance hit, so if you have time, would you mind loading up the lite version and see what you find?

Regards

Bob

If it doesn't have RXP interagtion like the other do I am not buying it, I do not know why they wouldn't make it like they did the C210, there is no way Im using that Default GPS, no matter what it says Avydyne or Gamrin or whatever, its still the same garbage default FSX GPS at the core.

I know nothing of the Avydyne, but who knows, maybe it is better than the default.

Bob