Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

Flashing landing lights on the NGX?

Hi,

I was just looking at a 737 on approach to YBBN a couple of minutes ago.I noticed that it had "flashing" landing lights on both wings. This system makes one landing light turn on while the one on the opposite wing turns off and vice versa. Is there this feature somewhere on the NGX?

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi,

I was just looking at a 737 on approach to YBBN a couple of minutes ago.I noticed that it had "flashing" landing lights on both wings. This system makes one landing light turn on while the one on the opposite wing turns off and vice versa. Is there this feature somewhere on the NGX?

Set a key command and keep pressing that combination every few seconds?

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I think it's only on Qantas 737s and Dash 8s.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Southwest has them on a few birds as well.

They are to scare off birds and make the aircraft more visible overall. I believe Ryan said at some point that they will look into them for SP2.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Ah, I hadn't seen that thread. As a lot of posters in that thread say, these are on 737 classics only. It's night here in Brisbane, so all I saw was a pair of flashing lights. Then again, it was noisy.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Ah, I hadn't seen that thread. As a lot of posters in that thread say, these are on 737 classics only. It's night here in Brisbane, so all I saw was a pair of flashing lights. Then again, it was noisy.

Nice! I just googled that 737's registration, and it is the first Qantas NG. I'm not sure if they use the same lights system on the newer ones.

Thanks,

Kevin L

It is actually quite easy to tell a classic from an NG by lights. Both have LLs in wing roots, and while NGs have other pair in the fuselage (they appear a bit lower, and whole set is quite condensed), Classics have them in one of the flap fairings outboard the engines (more or less same level, spaced considerably more apart.

Set a key command and keep pressing that combination every few seconds?

:LMAO:

Seen it on a Dasault Falcon somethingorother a few years ago at LSZH....

-Iain Watson-