Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

linux731

Traffic

Hey guys,

I need a traffic program, not only because it gets boring flying the NGX with no other 737s, but because of VATSIM I need the textures, and WoAI doesn't fix it.

I've been looking into UT2 because it seems the developer actually cares about the program after it is released, unlike some developers which realease the product then never touch it again. But, will a UT3 ever come out? I'd hate to buy UT2 and 5 days later UT3 comes out. Also, does it have the new United livery? WoAI only has the separate United and Continental.

Thanks!

I just purchased UT2 and am very happy with it.

Frame rates seem better compare to using ORBX traffic and the up to date schedules are cool to see.

Configuration is pretty easy

Thank you for your replies, guys.

Tough choice! On the AVSIM review of UT2, they said that GA planes were poorly modeled. Is that true?

My TRAFFIC X looks very nice. But let me ask you a question on both products. Do both of them already include all the liveries, or, like WoAI, do I have to install each one that I want? Also, on My TRAFFIC X, do you HAVE to install the new "dozen airports"? Because personally I think I'd be better off without them... Also, do you need to have My TRAFFIC Live in order to get a real world schedule of flights? Because according to that page MindYerBeak and Bob talked about says

Flights are generated based on real world data and on a realistic model - All traffic is generated based on real-life traffic patterns. You will see airlines at airports and hubs which are consistent with their real-world operations. Where available, flight plans are modeled after real world observations giving you a high level of realism without the boring uniformity of products that restrict themselves solely to published schedules.

Also, Bob, what do you mean by "United AI is the new livery"? I was talking about the merger livery: The Continental globe with the United blue text.

Thank you for your replies, guys.

Tough choice! On the AVSIM review of UT2, they said that GA planes were poorly modeled. Is that true?

My TRAFFIC X looks very nice. But let me ask you a question on both products. Do both of them already include all the liveries, or, like WoAI, do I have to install each one that I want? Also, on My TRAFFIC X, do you HAVE to install the new "dozen airports"? Because personally I think I'd be better off without them... Also, do you need to have My TRAFFIC Live in order to get a real world schedule of flights? Because according to that page MindYerBeak and Bob talked about says

Also, Bob, what do you mean by "United AI is the new livery"? I was talking about the merger livery: The Continental globe with the United blue text.

MTX 5.4 uses the merged livery, ie continental with united markings.

Diago,

MTX comes with all AI's included and is updated automatically. MTX is not at all like WoAI you don't manually update it, done for you. Just a wonderful program.

Bob

MTX to me is a must have. Another thing worth mentioning is that you can fly with historic schedules. So if you want to fly in 1985, it's very easy to do so.

How heavy on performance is mtx?

Hello

It is probably the lightest on frames of any Ai package, it now uses all FSX models and has options for different resolution and detail aircraft along with the ability to disable the animated jetways.

It is a labour of love for Mr Renk and it shows in the support he gives.

Thanks for the info. Might have to get this addon. I miss some nice traffic.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Can anyone answer these questions from above:

Also, on My TRAFFIC X, do you HAVE to install the new "dozen airports"?

Also, do you need to have My TRAFFIC Live in order to get a real world schedule of flights?

Then I'll buy it. :smile:

Hey guys,

I need a traffic program, not only because it gets boring flying the NGX with no other 737s, but because of VATSIM I need the textures, and WoAI doesn't fix it.

I've been looking into UT2 because it seems the developer actually cares about the program after it is released, unlike some developers which realease the product then never touch it again. But, will a UT3 ever come out? I'd hate to buy UT2 and 5 days later UT3 comes out. Also, does it have the new United livery? WoAI only has the separate United and Continental.

Thanks!

I use UT2, and as of right now there have been no plans mentioned for UT3. As compared to other traffic programs, UT2 follows real world schedules, with new schedules released every season for a small price. I have tried some of the other traffic programs, but I got tired of seeing unrealistic liveries at most airports. UT2 aircraft also look better to me than others I have tried. Additionally, UT2 aircraft follow airways, whereas in other traffic programs the aircraft all fly direct airport to airport.

With UT2 you can import other schedules, either downloaded or created yourself, and can print out schedules of any airline or airport. You can also substitute other AI aircraft such as WOAI for any airplane type/livery if you choose.

That said it has been quite awhile since i have tried any of the other programs.

I use UT2, and as of right now there have been no plans mentioned for UT3. As compared to other traffic programs, UT2 follows real world schedules, with new schedules released every season for a small price. I have tried some of the other traffic programs, but I got tired of seeing unrealistic liveries at most airports. UT2 aircraft also look better to me than others I have tried. Additionally, UT2 aircraft follow airways, whereas in other traffic programs the aircraft all fly direct airport to airport.

With UT2 you can import other schedules, either downloaded or created yourself, and can print out schedules of any airline or airport. You can also substitute other AI aircraft such as WOAI for any airplane type/livery if you choose.

That said it has been quite awhile since i have tried any of the other programs.

Is UT2 the only one that has the correct airlines at airports?

Is UT2 the only one that has the correct airlines at airports?

Hello

MyTrafic X has the correct airlines at the airports, that is the point of having an Ai program.

UT2 lacks a lot of the regionals so no Ryan air at Luton or Stansted with their latest schedules.

If you want an Ai program that is light on fps, is constantly updated and will fill all your airports to the brim even at night, something UT2 has issues with, then MTX is a great choice.

Great support from the author as well.

http://forum.simflig...-support-forum/

Hello

MyTrafic X has the correct airlines at the airports, that is the point of having an Ai program.

UT2 lacks a lot of the regionals so no Ryan air at Luton or Stansted with their latest schedules.

If you want an Ai program that is light on fps, is constantly updated and will fill all your airports to the brim even at night, something UT2 has issues with, then MTX is a great choice.

Thanks mad dog. I'll think about the 2 and I'll get back to you guys!

Also, on My TRAFFIC X, do you HAVE to install the new "dozen airports"?

Also, do you need to have My TRAFFIC Live in order to get a real world schedule of flights?

Program will automatically install them, but you can remove their files and program will work fine though naturally flights to those airports that do not exist without this addon won't be made.

Also, My Traffic Live gives real world schedules only to some more known airlines, like big European and US airlines I think. Most airlines still use fictional flights.

Basically you will see many right airlines at right airports, but also sometimes few that do not belong there at all. I recall seeing some KLM planes in North Korea...

If you just want a lot of FPS friendly traffic Mytraffic is good choice, but for real flightplans and all that your best choice is World of Ai or Ultimate Traffic 2. But both of those of course miss loads of smaller airlines and charter ones.

Of course you can fill some of those gaps by manually downloading AI models, textures and flight plans and then installing them, but that takes time.

Yes correct airlines are found, but also many that do not belong there. At least that's around Southeast Asia where I fly mostly, I guess some Western places are better.

Many airlines also have outdated liveries, plane models and even some airlines that have not existed for many years still fly around.

Doesn't bother me, but if someone wants exact flights with right flight numbers and exact airlines & plane models at airports then Mytraffic is simply not right choice. But indeed mostly airlines are ones that you will see there in real life too, so few of those that aren't there in real life usually do not cause any trouble.

Program will automatically install them, but you can remove their files and program will work fine though naturally flights to those airports that do not exist without this addon won't be made.

Also, My Traffic Live gives real world schedules only to some more known airlines, like big European and US airlines I think. Most airlines still use fictional flights.

Basically you will see many right airlines at right airports, but also sometimes few that do not belong there at all. I recall seeing some KLM planes in North Korea...

If you just want a lot of FPS friendly traffic Mytraffic is good choice, but for real flightplans and all that your best choice is World of Ai or Ultimate Traffic 2. But both of those of course miss loads of smaller airlines and charter ones.

Of course you can fill some of those gaps by manually downloading AI models, textures and flight plans and then installing them, but that takes time.

Yes correct airlines are found, but also many that do not belong there. At least that's around Southeast Asia where I fly mostly, I guess some Western places are better.

Many airlines also have outdated liveries, plane models and even some airlines that have not existed for many years still fly around.

lol, then I'll keep using WoAI?! :lol:

Someone mentioned Vatsim. Is there a program that takes away the VIP livery of some planes if they're real airlines?

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

Someone mentioned Vatsim. Is there a program that takes away the VIP livery of some planes if they're real airlines?

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

That's the reason I started this entire thread.

Oops I didn't read that sorry lol

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

You need to configure your pilot client. The exact procedure varies from client to client

ALL HAIL FOR AN unOFFICIAL THREAD REVIVAL... PLEASE STAND.

This thread has been revived.

You may be seated.

:LMAO:

Anyway, FSCamp brought up something I'm thinking about. What kind of airlines are incorrect in southeast Asia where you fly? Like Southwest Airlines 737-700 in Singapore?

ALL HAIL FOR AN unOFFICIAL THREAD REVIVAL... PLEASE STAND.

This thread has been revived.

You may be seated.

:LMAO:

Anyway, FSCamp brought up something I'm thinking about. What kind of airlines are incorrect in southeast Asia where you fly? Like Southwest Airlines 737-700 in Singapore?

You won't see any of that with UT2 because it uses real schedules.

Don't get me wrong though. MTX will have some wrong airlines at wrong airports, but usually it gets it right for the most part.

I'll tell you what I told the last guy who asked this but it was too late because he'd already bought MTX. Buy UT2 first. It has a 30 day refund policy. That way you can try it and then buy MTX5.4 if you find you don't like UT2 without spending double the money.

And no, I don't find that UT2 has ugly GA models. Not that I ever even see them as more then tiny dots 95% of the time because I'm always flying the NGX into commercial parts of the airports.

For some reason you always hear MTX is better on FPS. I don't find that true at all.

Hello

Just to claify matters here some of your criticisms are outdated.

UT2 fixed the traffic at night stuff with like the 2nd or 3rd schedule update and it has remained fixed going forward. Now airports are full at night, even at 1-2am. It was this problem that sent me to MTX for a good while. But now when a flight lands for the night it stays there. I can go to even a tiny airport like KJAN and there are 5-6 planes at the 9 gates waiting for morning departures.

Also, Ryanair is back in the latest schedule update and is listed in the database.