Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAdlai

Full 777 Available

but the posky site is not what I would term intuitive.

The friendly replies here in this thread are in sharp contrast to the harsh acidic insults from Posky leaders thrown back to unfortunate members when they asked FSX related questions.

Bygones are bygones, certainly, but certain unpleasant temper tantrums linger in memory. Makes me want to be more careful in what I say, and how I say it, lest I too fall victim to my own rants.

Kind regards,

Guys,

I'm very much the same as Stephen, I also just want a 777 with everything, but the POSKY site is so confusing. I downloaded the file that Adlia said, then the readme says

'Just unzip the file and send the 'Model' folder to Project Open Sky 777 Aircraft folder which cane be located in the FS2004 AIRCRAFT FOLDER.

Windows will ask you to overwrite, just click okay. Everything will remain in tact.

Or you can copy the model file and model.cfg and paste them into your

Project Open Sky 777 Aircraft 'model' folder.'

I'm on FSX so I need another file, but which one is the question?

Many Thanks

Clive

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Guys,

I'm very much the same as Stephen, I also just want a 777 with everything, but the POSKY site is so confusing. I downloaded the file that Adlia said, then the readme says

'Just unzip the file and send the 'Model' folder to Project Open Sky 777 Aircraft folder which cane be located in the FS2004 AIRCRAFT FOLDER.

Windows will ask you to overwrite, just click okay. Everything will remain in tact.

Or you can copy the model file and model.cfg and paste them into your

Project Open Sky 777 Aircraft 'model' folder.'

I'm on FSX so I need another file, but which one is the question?

Many Thanks

Clive

The folders are the same in FSX as FS2004, with one exception - the aircraft folders are in (FSX Main Folder)\Simobjects\Airplanes, as opposed to FS2004's (FS9 Main Folder)\Aircraft.

For anyone getting confused by POSKY's over-complicated site, you may want to just install this - http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=Boeing+777-300ER+Multi+Livery+Package&x=0&y=0

It won something or other over at Simviation for being a great package. You'll now have to install just the panel, which, as stated by me and another user, is covered in great detail in the manual.

Looks good, but I admit it's all a bit confusing. Perhaps the "pre-packaged" options at simviation might help, but the posky site is not what I would term intuitive.

Edit: I did download one of the packages by Chris Evans and then went through the install procedures for the panel. Looks nice initially, but most of the buttons in the VC were not clickable. None of the autopilot, none of the overhead, although some of the pedestal seemed ok. Odd.

In the manual, it mentions (I think anyway...) that not many of the functions are usable in the VC, and that it's more for the hand-flying part. The only things in the VC are the glass panels, the light switches, and a couple things such as TOGA, trim, etc. The overhead functions are not in the VC, as that would require a new (or modified) model.

In the manual, it mentions (I think anyway...) that not many of the functions are usable in the VC, and that it's more for the hand-flying part. The only things in the VC are the glass panels, the light switches, and a couple things such as TOGA, trim, etc. The overhead functions are not in the VC, as that would require a new (or modified) model.

Ah, guess it is working as designed then. Thanks for the response.

- Aaron

Well I can't get anything to work.

I tried downloading a 777-200 package, included a VC model, downloaded the 32 bit VC textures, and followed the readme's as best I could.

I ended up with a VC with blank displays, no sound, and a black paintjob on the outside.

I tried 5 different packages and nothing is displaying correctly.

I give up. Don't know why POSKY can't make things simpler.

*edit*

Ok I tried downloading one of their complete packages. Everything works *EXCEPT* I don't have any readouts on any of the MCP windows (speed, heading, alt) or any of the radio stack windows.

I can't see any comm/VOR/ADF numbers in the windows, they're all black and blank.

My standby artificial horizon is also blank. Also, at night the main panel floodlighting doesn't work, it remains black.

I read in one of the packages that the POSKY panels need simconnect.dll version 61259. I have the FSX SDK and I have the simconnect.msi installer for 61259, but for whatever reason it won't install the .dll in the windows/winsxs directory

Can anyone zip up their SimConnect.dll version 61259 and send it to me? I think that's the final problem I have to overcome.

Got it working, it was painful but well worth it!

Read the instructions carefully, installed into my BA 777. Works fine.

This is one fantastic freeware panel. Forget the buggy beta payware version. This freeware rocks!

Read the instructions carefully, installed into my BA 777. Works fine.

This is one fantastic freeware panel. Forget the buggy beta payware version. This freeware rocks!

You've got that right!

Got it working, it was painful but well worth it!

Glad to hear!

This is what I'm seeing when I install the United 777 New Colors Package (http://simviation.co...age=2&filename=) from simviation.com:

No numbers showing in any of the MCP windows, nothing in the comm windows or the transponder.

The big black box is supposed to be the 2D popup comm panel.

The backup artificial horizon is also blank.

I made sure that all effects went into the effects folder and the xml gauge folder went into the gauges folder.

Can anyone help me out?

Edited by firehawk44
photo removed as it violates AVSIM image policy - exceeds 400KB

Ok then.

I exchanged the TSS sounds with the Posky sounds and uploaded my KLM version to WeTransfer.

Note : my version uses the ISG panels !

If you don't have the ISG panels and would like to use the JB panels just modify the panel.cfg file : take out everthing what says ISG and use the JB panels, like it has been described in the Readme text form JB panels.

If everyhing works fine upload the complete package to Avsim, so others can use it too.

http://wtrns.fr/7V-zXmwG9YNTxp

You also might need the following 777-300 gauge and put it into the Gauges folder :

http://wtrns.fr/7JqUpjEJasslz_

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I made sure that all effects went into the effects folder and the xml gauge folder went into the gauges folder.

What xml gauge folder? Did you copy the contents of the panel folder straight into your 777 panel folder? There are no gauges put in the FSX gauges folder.

If you follow the instructions exactly it should work first time. Did for me. I've now updated two Posky 777's with the new panel.

Regards

Adam

Fantastic finding!

I downloaded the Southern Air model from Simviation (as suggested by another user in this thread) and have perfectly merged the JBPanel to it. I did have some flickering of lights, gauges at random times but that was eliminated after deleting the dirt file that comes with the aircraft. The only issue is the FMC Navigational Database.

However, I did manage to get the ISG Smiths Style FMS and now I'm looking for some help in removing the FMC that comes with the JBPanel and implementing the FMC from ISG.

Any guidance ?

What xml gauge folder? Did you copy the contents of the panel folder straight into your 777 panel folder? There are no gauges put in the FSX gauges folder.

If you follow the instructions exactly it should work first time. Did for me. I've now updated two Posky 777's with the new panel.

Regards

Adam

You misunderstood me, I didn't even try to install the new panel yet. All I did was install a complete Posky 777 package to see if it worked on it's own, and that's what I saw above in the screenshot. I don't have any of the gauges showing up.

After messing about with JBPanel and ISG gauges, I was finally able to implement the FMC into the panel but look at how it shows up. I've tried various size references into different parts of the panel.cfg but none of them seem to get the FMC to display completely. I even tried expanding it from the edges (to see if it's hidden) but the part that you see in the picture is the part that expands. Nothing more.

fmsb777avsim.png

Adding this ISG gauge to the panel has also disabled any of the FMC keys to work in the VC (they did work with the default FMC that came with the panel) - that is something I can live with but definitely not a partially displayed FMC.