Sign in to follow this  
Chock

A quick fly by of Pro ATC

This seems to be the only Active developer for an ATC add on which means that issues that are found by users should be addressed.

Is there a comment from the developer or anyone who knows what the future planned features are?What can we expect in a few months from now or a year or so. Hopefully it wont be dropped like the others.

I may have to just swallow the pill of the price if he is indeed committed to making it better.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Have a look over on the ProATC/X forum. There is information there about what is happening. Also update 1.1.3.0 has just been released.

There is full commitment from the developer to make this the best ATC addon for Flightsim, but this has/will take time. The updates are being released on a very regular basis, which proves that it is moving in the right direction. AI interaction is the next big issue that is going to be addressed; along with the continuing user issues that come up in between. Importing of flight plans has now been addressed along with other changes/bug fixes.

Lots of other things are happening in the background, one which involves a potential another developer bringing their product inline to work with ProATC/X, again this will make ProATC/X potentially one of the best ATC programs that is currently is available.

Also a full manual and tutorials are also in the pipeline.

Stay tuned and visit the PRotATC/X forums for further information

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Lots of other things are happening in the background, one which involves a potential another developer bringing their product inline to work with ProATC/X, again this will make ProATC/X potentially one of the best ATC programs that is currently is available.

PFE? That would really make the best ATC for FSX.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

PFE? That would really make the best ATC for FSX.

My guess is Multicrew Experience.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I guess it would be GSX,

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7585.0

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

It would be great if MCE would support this, then I would not have to choose between this and VoxATC :)

Frank Olaf Sem-Jacobsen

FYI ProATC was updated today to 1130 with the following fixes...

Update 1.1.3.0

- Imported flightplans are now recognizing SIDs and STARs of most formats.

- You may now define the SID-Exit point and the STAR-Entry point manually when planning a flight. Pease note, only the last waypoint of a SID (SID-Exit) and the first waypoint of a STAR (STAR-Entry) is displayed while planning a flight!

Corrections

- The approach altitude has been corrected.

- Heading corrections are now eliminated when deactivating "Assign SID- STAR- and Airway-Waypoints" under options..

- Altitudes are now checked by taking barometric pressure into account.

Best regards,

Jim

Watching a PRo atc video now, it has background chatter? Im assuming no AI control?

This has been discussed quite extensively above. It has background chatter to simulate ATC during your flight. It has no AI control but the developers are working on that and MAY implement it if it works. Most people, like me, use AI Smooth to control AI during the flight.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

will it play along with atc not control it like will you hear a ai aircraft ask for clearance like in radar contact

will it play along with atc not control it like will you hear a ai aircraft ask for clearance like in radar contact

If you are in taxi mode, you will hear ATC taxi background chatter. If you are in departure mode, you will hear only departure ATC chatter. If you are in approach mode, you will hear only approach ATC chatter, etc. ATC chatter provides the ability to hear an AI aircraft asking for clearance and an ATC controller responding with a response. The ATC chatter program I have there are instances where AI did not follow the controllers instructions and he is advised of his wrongdoings. ProATC has no control over AI EXCEPT at departure where you will be advised to hold or you are told you are the 3d aircraft in line for takeoff. Meanwhile taxi chatter continues until you depart. You can also turn on the default ATC program that does see AI and advises the AI to be on the lookout for your aircraft but it won't come on and tell you about other AI in your flightpath. But that's a lot of ATC chatter and can get complicated.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have been sitting on a fence watching the progress of this program for 4 months now because I am looking for an alternative to RC4, so that I can get something a little less robotic and gives me some decent taxi instructions.

To those who took the plunge already, is this program there yet?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Like Rick, I am sitting on the fence as well. One of the features I am waiting for is network capability. As I don't like anything running along side FSX, and I use full screen only, Widefs or simconnect is a must.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Like Rick, I am sitting on the fence as well. One of the features I am waiting for is network capability. As I don't like anything running along side FSX, and I use full screen only, Widefs or simconnect is a must.

I've always had it on a SimConnect client PC, never on the FSX one. I don't think there's ever been any problem with that. There have been threads about this on their Forum. It even runs MakeRunways across the Network quite effectively, which is quite interesting. I never thought that would work well! ;-)

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Thanks Pete. That is good to know. Found out earlier on another thread that it works well on a network set up.

I've always had it on a SimConnect client PC, never on the FSX one

Hello Pete

Can it display its output on the client yet ?