Sign in to follow this  
watermouse

Really? Nobody plays this or is enthusiastic enough to post?

Just browsing the rest of AVSIM since MSFLIGHT is going down under and was really hoping for more participation in DCS.

I know that you guys play it(well some) but there is absolutely no content here or articles, videos and try this/try that posts.

I just bought this from STEAM SUMMER Sale and imma fire it up this weekend. It looks very tough(as I am not a pilot and consider myself a n00b when it comes to flight simming)

Anyways, I am excited to give it a shot and hoping multiplayer is active

**Edit:

Okay, I did find some of you guys here

http://forum.avsim.n.../529-dcs-world/

I have been considering getting this simulator, it looks pretty good.

I love it. With my track ir it was even more amazing and when I got the thrustmaster hotas the game was changed even more for me. Far more immersive than FS.

My only gripe is how limited it is. I can remember other similar games that had dynamic campaigns where each mission was different and each time you did the campaign it was different.

With DCS you're stuck with a limited set of missions, and once you finish them, that's it.

I have gone through the campaigns twice each

I started downloading the user created missions but it's hard to tell which missions are actually done well. Like when you take 20 mins to preflight, then longer to fly to your objective only to be told that there are no targets, or have some trigger not work right or whatever.

Multiplayer is awesome too but it's impossible to actually find someone who wants to do it properly as opposed to someone who just wants to make it some kind of death match kind of thing.

Noah Bryant

NoahBryant -

See, I didnt even know you could load user-defined missions. Which is pretty cool.

I hear you though on the missions that come with the game, that sucks that they are so short.

I think I will be in the A10 all weekend and may give Blackshark a try as well.

I have a Saitek Throttle and Yoke, but I think i am going to upgade to a Joystick. I already have one in mind and excited to order it and play this game. PLus DCS WORLD looks like it has mucho potential!

Oh people DO play it alright, ED forums is very busy. Just that most combat simmers don't come to avsim.

I only started using avsim when I got more into FSX. Before that it was ED forums, ROF forums and simhq.

• Upvote 1

I do as well, or at least starting to get really into it.

I had the original Black Shark shortly after it came out, did some with it then moved on to flying more in FSX, then when Flight was released it got all my attention.

I now have DCS World, along with the Black Shark 2 module, and A-10C module for it. I really like where ED is going with the DCS World thing, and, they are going to let 3rd parties ( with DCS approval), develop modules for it as well. Should be some exciting things there over the next several months.

I also like the Combined Arms they are working on, along with the P-51, both of which are still in beta, but available by pre-purchasing them.

I also purchased the TM Warthog, mainly for A-10C. It is really sweet with it.

I too would like to see this section of the forums more active, but as previously mentioned, most folks that come to Avsim are civilian flight sim fans. But the ED forums are very good, with a wealth of information.

I love the simulator...but...it's just all unconnected, nothing to tie me in. I dabble occasionally then get bored, promptly forgetting the Ph.D level of knowledge needed to fight in the aircraft and then go back to Rise of Flight and FSX with FSCaptain.

I miss the old days of flightsims the Microprose ones that actually had a progression structure and some kind of game behind them, i would love a DCS version of "The Mighty Eighth"

Personal opinion...i liked black shark more than A10, I was looking forward to a Hind.

Ian R Tyldesley

Yeah the single player is not so good, very simple campaign structure.

I only play online really.

Also the best checklists and mini-guides are made by 476th (in my opinion), you can download them here:

http://www.476vfight...hp?do=cat&id=15

Thanks for the pointer, I will definitelly download those.

Actually the new campaign looks good, they have revised it with combined arms support, ramp starts, and voiceovers etc.

Sounds good, I was trying to hold out for when CA came out of beta, I may have to go ahead and prepurchase here soon though. Still going through the training excersises in A-10C , so still have a little time.

Yeah combined arms wasn't of interest to me but maybe is now, check the AARs on simhq if you want to see the new missions in action

I must say that the A-10C module strikes me as the most complicated thing I've ever seen in desktop flight simulation. I'm blindly clicking back and forth all the buttons on my Warthog stick, trying to figure all the various states of the avionics and wondering how I'll ever learn it. The avionics aside, flying the aircraft itself in basic manuevers, thankfully is fairly straight forward. Still getting used to the 40% speedbrakes out for landing...been flying the PMDG Boeings for so long it sort of goes against my grain. I'm also surprised that more people don't want to discuss DCS on Avsim.

• Upvote 1