Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

Best Place in the world to live?

It is going to be due March 29th. And I though waiting for a checkride was nerve wracking!

Congratulations dude, my little boy arrived on 13th March :biggrin:

Ignore what I said about it being the hardest part of my life, it was a walk in the park :P :lol:

Seriously. It is hard work but there are incredible highs as well :wub: Apparently only 1 in 10 babies suffer with something like colic/reflux so the odds are with you.

"They just opened their first Wendy's and on opening weekend it had a four hour line to get food...I think they have soft ice cream (and Mcdonalds) but not the same as the ole DQ"

The McDonalds in Dusseldorf served beer! They had recently opened a Pizza Hut there too. $35-40$USD for a Supreme pizza! This is 20 years ago! But the line was still out the door. When I flew my girlfriend out to California she went nuts over In-&-Out burgers. I mean "wake-me-up-at-1am-to-take-her-her-there" type cravings, ha! Always seem to miss what we don't have...

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Congratulations dude, my little boy arrived on 13th March

Ignore what I said about it being the hardest part of my life, it was a walk in the park

Seriously. It is hard work but there are incredible highs as well Apparently only 1 in 10 babies suffer with something like colic/reflux so the odds are with you.

Congrats to you. Right now she is only at 8 weeks and it was amazing to see the little baby in there and it's heart beating. I have affectionately named it my little paycheck sucker :P I will be away most likely for the most part of the first months while we get our new aircraft arriving. I will be getting sleep, my poor wife however will probably hate me. :P

Right now she is only at 8 weeks

You can tell gender at 8 weeks now??? Boy how the times have flown... Be sure not to tell people the gender though until they're actually born, or else in 9 months time from now, you may well have a cross-dressed child. Trust me, been there, done that... :blush:

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

You can tell gender at 8 weeks now??? Boy how the times have flown... Be sure not to tell people the gender though until they're actually born, or else in 9 months time from now, you may well have a cross-dressed child. Trust me, been there, done that... :blush:

Sorry, no I worded that wrong. :P I meant she as in my wife was 8 weeks along with it now.

Congrats to you. Right now she is only at 8 weeks and it was amazing to see the little baby in there and it's heart beating. I have affectionately named it my little paycheck sucker :P I will be away most likely for the most part of the first months while we get our new aircraft arriving. I will be getting sleep, my poor wife however will probably hate me. :P

We had our first scan at 12 weeks and it was a sign of things to come that my other half was told to go for a walk to calm him down :lol: The sonographer was having trouble doing the scan as he was wriggling so much! Normally mothers to be are told to go for a walk to wake the little'un up!

Here he is :wub:

378329_10151209854542498_257826524_n.jpg

We had our first scan at 12 weeks and it was a sign of things to come that my other half was told to go for a walk to calm him down :lol: The sonographer was having trouble doing the scan as he was wriggling so much! Normally mothers to be are told to go for a walk to wake the little'un up!

Our little one was awake and moving already! The doctor actually knew how many eggs were in there and that we almost had twins! My paycheck would have really gone out the window!

Our little one was awake and moving already! The doctor actually knew how many eggs were in there and that we almost had twins! My paycheck would have really gone out the window!

Too true :lol:

Here he is :wub:

Haha, well ain't he adorable. Gosh I remember the first day I took my first born home, walked in the door and was just like, "Sooooooooooooo...... " I was in total shock. Changes your life completely. For my second I was still taken back a bit by the whole thing, come my third and youngest child the whole thing was practically routine...

Haha, bet you got a fair scare when you found out there could've been twins...

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Haha, bet you got a fair scare when you found out there could've been twins...

Regards,

Ró.

Certainly did! The heart skipped a few beats but I would've loved to have twins as well.

I will be getting sleep, my poor wife however will probably hate me.

Congrats Chris.......That is awesome.

And yea, get your sleep in the name of safety....She'll understand (maybe)

Cheers

Talk about thread drift, form standard of living to babies and kids lol...

As the person who started the thread i will say all good. The best place in the world to live is your castle, regardless of where in the world that is....

Cheers

Matthew Kane

Haha, well ain't he adorable. Gosh I remember the first day I took my first born home, walked in the door and was just like, "Sooooooooooooo...... " I was in total shock. Changes your life completely. For my second I was still taken back a bit by the whole thing, come my third and youngest child the whole thing was practically routine...

Well I agree with him being adorable but I think I'm probably a little biased :P

Yep, completely shocked when we got him home - you mean there's no manual or SOP with this thing?! :lol:

As the person who started the thread i will say all good. The best place in the world to live is your castle, regardless of where in the world that is....

Cheers

Indeed, good post. And apologies for hijacking!

Indeed, good post. And apologies for hijacking!

No worries mate.....I think the thread got more interesting as it went on.

Cheers

Matthew Kane