Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

Best Place in the world to live?

I am not going to anymore on the matter [than this] as its a massive high jack thread, but with all due respect that is utter sh*t.

The American health care system is designed to make money on people getting ill.. If you don't get ill, they make no money... That's why, France, UK, Canada, invest heavily on preventative medicine, because people getting ill costs.

You cannot put money on human life, that's how bad 'Sick Care' in America has become.

We have preventative care, I go all the time. There are free or reduced cost clinics for preventative care for all. Everywhere I have seen says to get your yearly checkups.

Unfortunately there are a lot of stupid people in the US that don't do this and that is why we have the fattest people with diabetes and riddled with cancer and then try to catch it too late. Having a government healthcare system isn't going to save these people from themselves and it is going to cost us all more later on.

I love Rugby. Cricket confuses the hell out of me though I must admit. And visiting is one thing but nothing will ever get me out of Texas!!

It doesn't matter where you live, as long as folks are nice, and the ribs are done right!

hehe, I still don't quite understand all of Rugby (union). And i'd love to come to Texas and attend any American Football/Gridiron rule tutorials. Not all 30 of them though! It's a surprisingly deep game.

Come on down well cook some Ribs and hit up a Texas Tech game. They're terrible since they got rid of Mike Leach but still fun :)

Cricket confuses the hell out of me though I must admit

Randy, the rules really are very simple, once you know them

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.

Each man that’s in the side that’s in goes out, and when he’s out he comes in and the next man goes in until he’s out.

When they are all out, the side that’s out comes in and the side that’s been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.

There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

He he, hopefully that's made it all nice and clear :)

I fell in love with NZ as soon as I got here, I think I fell in love with Wellington the afternoon we sat out for a picnic in the grounds of Premier House (the NZ PM's house)

Louise

London, UK

Haha I love that cricket explanation! Amazed I've never seen it. Pronounced in a kiwi accent it'd be even fennier.

Wow clear as mud, why didnt i get it before lol

now can you please explain how the scoring works, I understand wickets etc just not the actual numbers like 300-35

Sent using Tapatalk

Randy, the rules really are very simple, once you know them

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.

Each man that’s in the side that’s in goes out, and when he’s out he comes in and the next man goes in until he’s out.

When they are all out, the side that’s out comes in and the side that’s been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.

There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

He he, hopefully that's made it all nice and clear :)

Hi Leo...

Glad you have explained that....I was confused, and I used to play it !

Thanks for making it just a little clearer... :Thinking:

Regards

Dear lord, how on earth did Auckland make it onto that list? Now Wellington, thats a different story.

ps - I'm not making any claim that Hamilton should be anywhere near either :-)

Dean Stringer

I live in Pistoia near Florence.

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

Best place? Easy. Wherever you have good friends and family. I consider everything else to be of much lower significance.

I've travelled a lot and see pros and cons everywhere.

I live in Poland but I'm British. I don't have to live here but, in Sept it will be my 19th year here. I go back to the UK once or twice a year minimum. I like it there too. I've got family in Oz and the USA, have been there, and like it there too. A lot of people think that Poland is a dark, grey, frozen wasteland. A lot of people don't know what they are talking about. Like every country on the planet, Poland has it's problems, but, and especially if you are a hetrosexual male, there are some serious compensatory points here :biggrin: Most of my foreing male friends are married to them - me too. And if you go a little further East to Ukraine, Russia, etc - wow!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Gavin and Ronan summed it up pretty nicely, like many I have been fortunate to spend most of my life traveling, meeting new people and experiencing different cultures. So many places that I would have liked to settle in.

I am based out in the Persian gulf, have been here on and off between London for 20 years now, despite everything you read in the media I have never come across a more humble relaxed vibe in all

My travels, expats and locals have an amazing mutual respect, and I can still

Pop down to an Irish bar for a pint when I need my uk fix.

The best place in the world is where you feel at home and your loved ones reside.

Rob Prest

Best place? Easy. Wherever you have good friends and family. I consider everything else to be of much lower significance.

I've travelled a lot and see pros and cons everywhere.

I live in Poland but I'm British. I don't have to live here but, in Sept it will be my 19th year here. I go back to the UK once or twice a year minimum. I like it there too. I've got family in Oz and the USA, have been there, and like it there too. A lot of people think that Poland is a dark, grey, frozen wasteland. A lot of people don't know what they are talking about. Like every country on the planet, Poland has it's problems, but, and especially if you are a hetrosexual male, there are some serious compensatory points here :biggrin: Most of my foreing male friends are married to them - me too. And if you go a little further East to Ukraine, Russia, etc - wow!

Ha, the best part of visiting NZ was...it felt like they were having an international gorgeous student backpacker competition! Beautiful gals from all parts, with nice parts. Yes I love Ukrainian girls! And don't get me started on Scottish lassies with that accent..