Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

Best Place in the world to live?

I'll take living on my ranch with my guns any day of the week.

Grass always seems greener on the otherside....Move to New Zealand or Australia and you will see how quickly you get homesick....

Cheers

Exactly!

So many people have told me how lucky I am to live in Hawaii. I miss home everyday. Lucky for me I can travel back on my days off.

List doesn't really surprise me, but I am quite happy in the US, despite our shortcomings, as any place would have them.

I just don't know really,

If vancover was a little more south, hotter, less rain, I would be there in a heart beat.

I finish University next July and my Swedish girlfriend and I want to go travelling, live somewhere new..

California has always interested us, but I hate with a passion the American Health Care system.

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I just don't know really,

If vancover was a little more south, hotter, less rain, I would be there in a heart beat.

I finish University next July and my Swedish girlfriend and I want to go travelling, live somewhere new..

California has always interested us, but I hate with a passion the American Health Care system.

That's because we don't bankrupt families to pay for others :)

I am not going to anymore on the matter [than this] as its a massive high jack thread, but with all due respect that is utter sh*t.

The American health care system is designed to make money on people getting ill.. If you don't get ill, they make no money... That's why, France, UK, Canada, invest heavily on preventative medicine, because people getting ill costs.

You cannot put money on human life, that's how bad 'Sick Care' in America has become.

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Hello

We don't bankrupt families in the UK and we manage to have free health care for all.

Ditto here, thanks to the UK example. I hear horror stories of financial ruin when people need medical help in the US all the time. Sorry, you can keep to yourselves then, glad u are happy!

I love the look of Vancouver. I do hate our summers, damn hot. Thank god we have good cold beer and cricket!

On a whole, I think anyone would be happiest living anywhere where their family and friends are. Ireland for me, nice and green, though I wouldn't mind a little more sun.... B)

On the healthcare issue, I prefer the European way of doing it. Getting sick is something that happens everyone at some point or other in your life, and it's a time when you can't afford to go slogging it out to make extra money. I help others when they get sick, others help me when I get sick. I'd hate not to get the best possible care just because I didn't earn high wages, I'm a human being and as such should be treated like one when I'm sick, regardless of income status. I don't think our taxes bankrupt anyone either for the record. But, that being said, if the industry is in the business of making money, they will try their hardest to improve their reputation over their compeditors and provide the best possible service, so it does have benefits on that side of things. I'm just of the mindset that when someone get's cancer, or needs an emergency bypass, their bank account shouldn't be the defining factor in whether or not they live or die. :blush:

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

'The Economist Intelligence Unit has been criticized by the New York Times for being overly anglocentric, stating that "The Economist clearly equates livability with speaking English."'

I'd take Lisbon if I had to. That said, I'm not a fan of city life anywhere..

Exactly!

So many people have told me how lucky I am to live in Hawaii. I miss home everyday. Lucky for me I can travel back on my days off.

if I was too move back to the USA then Washington State would be my first choice. Amazing place to live as it is paradise to me with all those mountains and outdoor activities

I'll take living on my ranch with my guns any day of the week.

Texas just rocks in so many ways. You guys are awesome. Don't mess with Texas....

Cheers

Matthew Kane

New Zeland is my next place to visit. I've been to Australia now to head over to the other island. Looks gorgeous!

New Zeland is my next place to visit. I've been to Australia now to head over to the other island. Looks gorgeous!

let me know when you get here and I will take you out for a beer. You will be surprised at how many Texans live in Wellington. They are hillarious as we go to Cricket Matches as there is no Baseball here. They get right into our Rugby though and love that sport.

Matthew Kane

I love Rugby. Cricket confuses the hell out of me though I must admit. And visiting is one thing but nothing will ever get me out of Texas!!