Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Curtiss C-46 Commando Confirmed

Who cares about the no cockpit thing? Isn't Hawaii and Alaska supposed to be fore spectacular views? Who needs a cockpit? Plus they discontinued development, so why should we be complaining?

A basic version is the most they could release now... huge doubt they had a deluxe aircraft finished before Flight was discontinued.

Sad. Its good that they were able to release this content, but its sad they didnt finish any other content, like ones with a cockpit...

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Who cares about the no cockpit thing?

Perhaps you missed the constant overwhelming outrage in regards to Flight's cockpitless planes since last February.

Sad. Its good that they were able to release this content, but its sad they didnt finish any other content, like ones with a cockpit...

So, about "your finest work ever"... Will we possibly see an FSX version of it?

Never. MS paid for that work, they have full rights to it.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

On the positive side, if the C46 is super charged it will be faster than the RV. On the negative side half the strips in Alaska are too short for operations.

Never. MS paid for that work, they have full rights to it.

Oh, I understand that all the work itself would have to be done again from scratch. Just wondering if you thought that might be a project worth doing again.

Who cares about the no cockpit thing?

Pretty much everyone, how can you simulate operating an aircraft without having a cockpit ?.

Well, I am disappointed. I had hoped for at least one more complete aircraft but alas, that is not to be. I guess I'll just continue on with what I have.

Kudos to Loki and Solicest for pushing this through, however.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I still had a glimpse of hope. But one more cockpit-less war themed aircraft. This is ludicrous.

C-46 Commando 1940-2012+ (72 years and counting)

MS Flight < ½ 2012.

Regarding Hooks question on another thread What are we gaining by moving from Flight to FSX?

I am gaining peace of mind.

How will it be possible to control each engine separately? Or is it going to have a single throttle/prop/mixture ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

How will it be possible to control each engine separately? Or is it going to have a single throttle/prop/mixture ?

Whoever buys it can easily tell from the outside. Just press whatever key they assigned until you see the propeller stop.

It will not be possible. There are no options for configuring individual engine controls or for selecting engines in the settings menus. The only way to do it would be by manipulating on-screen controls in the cockpit, which it does not have.

So, it's cosmetically a twin, but functionally a single.

Well, I think so :-( unless the installer brought some update to the menus... but I don't believe so...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.