Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

727 series out ! And the CIVA to go with it :-)

When I went to bed yesterday I saw that the flyjsim site was under the process of being updated. By then I had my hopes up. Woke up this morning and noticed that it had been released. I have checked the progress of this aircraft on a daily basis. Good news indeed.

However, my wallet has kind of curled itself up in the foetal position...:-D I will be getting the complete package. No doubt. I love the Q400, and will probably love this one also.

Edit: could anyone possibly point me in the correct direction to any information regarding the usage of the CIVA?

Edit 2: yes. I am an idiot. Found it myself.. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I only bought the CIVA. I don't have XP10 so can't use the 727, but look forward to reading reviews. (If Avsim could review it formally I'd love that.) I really enjoyed the Simufly CIVA for MSFS and look forward to seeing how Philipp's CIVA compares. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me with XP9 in Windows (yet)!

I've bought both B727 and the CIVA. Both come with quite good manuals. I've made my first flight using CIVA (imported default XPlane flightplan).

The 727 graphics are stunning as is the sound. However it is quite complex plane, so that I had to start with engines running. It will take some time and reading to be able to start from cold and dark (for both the plane and the CIVA). Framerates were great and I am sure I am going to enjoy this bird quite a lot.

From this video it looks and certainly sounds superb.

http://youtu.be/XT1MdVpejaY

I do think the complete package seems a little steep at $62, £38ish for us Brits but at least you do get all 3 varients. I think liverys cost extra too (i'm really not that keen when developers do that, I remember PSS doing this for their airbus for MSFS many years back, £5 per livery which was quite frankly ridiculous)

But price aside it looks absolutely brilliant. Maybe i'll sit on the fence a little while longer. Great to see this sort of qaulity in X-plane though.

Edit: ahhhhhhhhh Jcomm you beat me to it...lol!

Looks fantastic! I love the FlyJsim Dash 8 so had already assumed this would be good visually and system wise. With all the Christmas sales that have been on I now just need to find a way to get some extra cash ...

Pricing model is per model or as a bundle: 3 variants, each for US$32 or all 3 for $62.

3 liveries included with each variant:

200Adv

200F

Additional liveries available at US$19.95 for 51 liveries - 19 for 100, 31 for 200Adv and 4 for 200F - http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/x-planestore/Detail?no=428

Danny Hicks

Shame it's not FSX!

Naaah, not really... ;-)

Skickat från min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

The livery packs were made by third parties - they've been released as payware so the artists get partial remuneration for their effort.

I say 'livery packs' but AFAIK there's only one available right now, the $19.95 'Complete Set' of 51 liveries that DannyH mentioned. There's at least one other pack coming, but I don't think it's part of the 'Complete Set'.

I loved Dash and after couple of fights I love this 727 too! So different from "program FMC, push A/P and go". Thank you FlyJSim for really nice Christmas present...

There are more than one livery pack available. You have to drill down into "Boeing 727 Liveries" in the store to find them, though.

Shame it's not FSX!

FSX already has a B727 that's been done by CaptainSim. I considered getting that as I already own their B732 and it has gotten me into the 'old school' airliners lately.

However, as I have both FSX and X-Plane I think I might consider getting this package as it just looks better :smile:

BTW, can anyone who already owns it give an idea on the complexity of this bird? I already like it due to the fact that it comes with the option to use a CIVA.