Sign in to follow this  
SQUAWKIDENT

Accufeel V2 - anyone got the turbulence working?

Tried posting twice at the a2a forums but my posts never show up for some reason so may as well ask here.

I installed V2 of Accufeel on Saturday. Despite finding or generating the most severe turbulence it doesn't seem to have any effect on my aircraft.

OpusFSX works fine and generates the correct bumping etc during flight through turbulent weather but despite turning Accufeel V2 on and off I can't see, hear or feel any difference even with the sliders on MAX.

Also not sure why there are now two Accufeel programs in my start and uninstall menus. I wonder if this has something to do with it?

Anyone else with the same issues? Anyone know of any fixes?

Regards

Adam

Same here, I have tried it with multiple aircraft and haven't got turbulence working.

Me too...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Same. Installed it last week and since have flown through several turbulent storms.

No change from before. Are we not toggling a setting or...?

Sent from my iPhone...typing errors imminent

Works great on my default Cessna 172SP. Sort of a surprise the first time it happened. I thought that my aircraft was experiencing engine problems. :-)

Ernest Pergrem

Did you guys check the following.

1. Make sure the Disable turbulence and thermal effects aren't checked on in the FSX settings menu in the weather tab.

2. Look in you FSX.cfg to make sure the turbulence_scalar is not set to .0500000. By default its set to 1.00000 which will give more of a turbulence effect.

A lot of people who fly PMDG and LDS planes had to uncheck the Turbulence and thermal effects in the FSX setting menu and set the turbulence scalar to .500000 to get rid of the S-turns.

I believe these two settings if forgotten to check can be why some aren't getting the Accufeel turbulence to work in their a/c.

Just thought I would offer these suggestions to check. As a long time AS2012 user I had forgotten I made these changes after having it like that so long.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

If you're having problems seeing any turbulence, try setting some custom weather with turbulence and see what effect Accu-Feel has there. Once you know what it looks like, you can start experimenting with the weather engine.

Basically, you want to make sure your weather engine does not have a setting that's interfering with the normal FSX turbulence.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I used it on Friday with my lancair legacy and near KPDX the turbulance was so bad it almost knocked me out of my chair literally.

Yes it's possible.

These are my entries in the FSX.cfg

MinGustTime=5

MaxGustTime=1000

MinGustRampSpeed=2

MaxGustRampSpeed=100

MinVarTime=2

MaxVarTime=500

MinVarRampSpeed=10

MaxVarRampSpeed=75

TurbulenceScale=3.000000

If you have FSUIPC the items relating to turbulence unticked.

Then start with turbulence settings in Accufeel to 10 or 20. Experiment with higher values for more rocking effects. Have worked on PMDG NGX and Level-D. However for this to work there must be weather generated turbulence. It's not a camera view but the actual aircraft moving.

Regards

I'm waiting on the turb volume slider they previewed in order to make the effects of turbulence batting the aircraft around more audible on certain airplanes with louder wind, engine, or air conditioning sounds. On my system, rattles on the ground (cabin integrity) are 5 by 5, but as yet only solution is for me to turn engines sounds literaly 'off' to be able to know that turbulence is working in the air.

Works for me with FSX wearher settings, but not with REX Esse..........

Also waiting for turb volume slider as KingGhidorah mention abowe.

Goran Arvnell

Works for me with Opus and most addon planes except the PMDG J41...

Works for me, too. Didn't check it with heavies, but you wouldn't feel turbulences as much in large jets as you do in small props, I guess.

Just an update.

Accu-Sim turbulence is a wind enhancer. We did this intentionally for two reasons:

1. FSX turbulence actually creates a nice base to work from

2. The program is designed to not conflict with 3rd party applications

If a 3rd party weather program disables the FSX turbulence, and uses camera movements rather than moving the airframe, then Accu-Feel will not see the turbulence because the airframe is actually not experiencing turbulence. For those thinking they are not experiencing turbulence, try this:

- Set turbulence to severe

- Verify from the cockpit the aircraft is experiencing the turbulence

- Move to the external view and verify again

If the plane in the external view is smooth, then the airframe is not experiencing turbulence.

Another way to check if Accu-Feel turbulence is working, go to OPTIONS / SOUND and uncheck the ENGINE and ENVIRONMENT sounds. You should hear the Accu-Feel turbulence. NOTE. Accu-Feel senses the turbulence, so it takes some time for the sensor to work the effect in.

Also, one more thing. We spent a lot of time making this effect blend with the existing turbulence. Some may not be sensitive to this. We're going to put something out with the update that helps to positively verify for any who think they may not be experiencing the enhancement that it is working.

Squawkident, I just answered your post at A2A. The forum registration can be delayed as the the account is verified. Sorry about that.

Scott.

I've been flying my Just Flight DC-3 from Houston, Texas to Columbia in South America. Landed in Panama last night and have had great results along the way. I have had to climb or decend at times because the air would get rough making it hard to hold a course with the plane.